The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Since everyone's saying this exam was a pretty horrible one, don't forget your marks will probably get put up in UMS and the grade boundaries will be lower! I never really know with chemistry but I think that exam was alright!

Anyone got the F334 retake on Wednesday? I'm dreading that exam a hell of a lot more than I did for F335 :s
Reply 901
I have not a clue how to feel about this one, could've been ALOT worse and ALOT better to be honest :-/
Original post by bengowers
Since everyone's saying this exam was a pretty horrible one, don't forget your marks will probably get put up in UMS and the grade boundaries will be lower! I never really know with chemistry but I think that exam was alright!

Anyone got the F334 retake on Wednesday? I'm dreading that exam a hell of a lot more than I did for F335 :s

Im dreading F334 too :frown:

Jump in jan boundries was crazy, 8 marks extra for an A...
Reply 903
Original post by bengowers

I have the retake (last exam YESSSS) on Wednesday, but won't a fair amount of the stuff we have to learn be things we have just been revising for unit 5? Like functional groups, infrared spectrum, maths calculations etc?
Original post by 11hokj1
Yeah thought the pH calculations were harder than past papers, they asked a lot of "unpopular" topics which I didn't really expect :frown:

F334 is my last exam, I got REALLY BAD on that in Jan :frown:
oh you doing Edexcel bio? good luck!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I saw the radical question and I was like what is this? I haven't revised this it has never come up before?!

Yeah it is my last exam too! Finally can't wait to finish! :smile: I got a B in that exam but I guess I am now going to need full marks to drag the U I probably got in that paper up!

No AQA, I love biology but I never answer the question they want me to, I always end up going off topic and filling the whole page with nonsense! Do you do edexcel?
Reply 905
Original post by sienna5
I have the retake (last exam YESSSS) on Wednesday, but won't a fair amount of the stuff we have to learn be things we have just been revising for unit 5? Like functional groups, infrared spectrum, maths calculations etc?

I have a physics exam on Thursday :frown: but I guess I'll be feeling pretty relieved knowing I only have one exam left after F334! :biggrin:

Oh and I was going to say, revising for F335 is probably a massive help for F334, just gotta watch out for those reaction conditions and stuff on DNA.. :s-smilie:
Reply 906
Original post by EmilyJane95
Yeah I saw the radical question and I was like what is this? I haven't revised this it has never come up before?!

Yeah it is my last exam too! Finally can't wait to finish! :smile: I got a B in that exam but I guess I am now going to need full marks to drag the U I probably got in that paper up!

No AQA, I love biology but I never answer the question they want me to, I always end up going off topic and filling the whole page with nonsense! Do you do edexcel?

I was like shocked when I saw the radical question :O the last time I revised for that was for F332 lol (last year!) I need 70 UMS in f334 to get a B but I only got like 40 something last time :/ Don't wanna say goodbye to uni :frown:

And no I don't do biology, it's just that my friends have bio exam on 17th as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by suncake
This is the part I don't get - why is there 15cm3 of salt, and not still 10? When the extra added salt neutralises half of the acid, is more salt produced?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Remember from Year 8, acid plus base equals a salt. So if 1/2 of acid has been reacted with NaOH than 1/2 more salt would be made
Reply 908
Anyone got/doing an unofficial mark scheme?
Reply 909
Original post by potterton48
Remember from Year 8, acid plus base equals a salt. So if 1/2 of acid has been reacted with NaOH than 1/2 more salt would be made

Ah. Well now I feel stupid :tongue: Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by badatgow
The answer was like 180g. The solution is as follows:

Moles of thiosulfate = concentration of thiosulfate x volume of thiosulfate
Moles of I2 UNREACTED = moles of thiosulfate / 2

Moles of I2 REACTED = total moles of I2 (given) - Moles of I2 Unreacted

Moles of I2 reacted x Mr of I2 = Mass of I2 Reacted with 0.2g.
Mass of I2 Reacted calculated above is for 0.2g, hence

Iodine Number = Mass of I2 Reacted x 500.

I could swear i did all of that i even remember multiplying with 500 at the end ! but yet i got 75 :frown: for crying out loud why was that the only question i didn't check :frown:

How many marks would i get for getting my method near enough right ?
Guys you know for the iodine number, wasn't there 6 double bonds in the oil, so would 6 moles of Iodine react with the oil?
Reply 912
For the curly arrow question, check about half way through this page:
http://www.education.com/study-help/article/reactions-quaternary-ammonium-salts/
Reply 913
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2379859&p=43121282
Looking at this poll it seems like the boundary for an A may be 85. I hope there isn't a magic bump up in them.
Reply 914
Original post by david2457
http://www.education.com/study-help/article/reactions-quaternary-ammonium-salts/

Oh my god, I can't believe I actually got that right. :biggrin:

As for the grade boundaries poll... Remember that TSR probably isn't a great representation of what everyone in general thinks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 915

There are quite a few alternatives for the mechanism to be fair. :rolleyes:
Reply 916
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2379859&p=43121282
Looking at this poll it seems like the boundary for an A may be 85. I hope there isn't a magic bump up in them.

TSR is made up mostly of A grade students followed by B, so the grade boundaries could be lower than that....so all in all do not trust

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 78 but then I realised at the last second there were TWO moles of Na2 whatever it was :frown: I just hope I get marks for working out..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 918
So, is anyone else screwed because of the F334 exam, and C4 and FP2 exam replacement papers next week.
And physics maybe?.

I'm. Screwed.:frown:
Reply 919
Original post by RainieXD
So, is anyone else screwed because of the F334 exam, and C4 and FP2 exam replacement papers next week.
And physics maybe?.

I'm. Screwed.:frown:

I'm screwed for C4 but the other exams aren't replacement papers..? (I don't do further)

Latest

Trending

Trending