The Student Room Group

Edexcel: 11th and 14th June 2013 (Linear) 1MA0/1H + 2H (Official Thread)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by Radhika0303
Does anyone know the topics to revise for the Calculator? And, are the topics that werent on the Non-calculator paper going to be on the calculator paper?

http://www.mathswatch.co.uk/ link at top takes you to a pdf of what may come up tomorrow
Reply 521
Original post by Bert12345
http://www.mathswatch.co.uk/ link at top takes you to a pdf of what may come up tomorrow

Wow, thats really useful, thank you for sharing it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
only got like 70! :frown:
so can hopefully get around 85 tomorrow (in past papers for calculator i normally get around 85-90) and i normally got like 75 in the non calculator.

What mark will i need to secure an A?
Original post by Captain Anonymous
so can hopefully get around 85 tomorrow (in past papers for calculator i normally get around 85-90) and i normally got like 75 in the non calculator.

What mark will i need to secure an A?

I'd say around 65-70 if you already have 70. Wasnt march 136 for an A? and the non calc was harder this time around. So I cant even see it being equal to March
I got around 75 on non calculator but want an A*. What would I need to get on the calculator tomorrow? 90?
What do people think the grade boundaries will be like? The march paper was 168/200 for an A* but it was apparently much easier. Would it be feasible to guess 162-3/200 for an A* this time?
Reply 527
Anyone still remember what they got in the pool question in the noncalc paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 528
Original post by gGinaa
Wow, thats really useful, thank you for sharing it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

no worries
Reply 529
Original post by gGinaa
Anyone still remember what they got in the pool question in the noncalc paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

105 minutes
Reply 530
I got approximately around 59-64 marks on the non calculator, I think.... If I have added up correctly!

Around how many more marks would I need to get in the calculator to secure a B/A grade?

:smile:
Reply 531
On the maths watch list, 3rd from the bottom it says, "Equations of circles" what does that mean?
Reply 532
Original post by Tinkletea
I don't think so sorry :/ I remember looking into this and I find somewhere official that your most current grade stands

You always keep the highest grade that you achieved
Reply 533
Original post by dazzer19
On the maths watch list, 3rd from the bottom it says, "Equations of circles" what does that mean?

I think its the x^2+y^2=r^2... I think...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 534
105 minutes

😱 I got 135... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it means the equation of a circle graph which is x^2+y^2=r^2 with a centre of (0,0). I've just had a look at the clip and I think that is what it's talking about, I haven't got that far yet.
What do you think the Grade Boundaries will be for a C or B?
Reply 537

x^2 + y^2 = r^2
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 538
Original post by gGinaa

I believe 105 was right, but im not 100% sure
Reply 539
I believe 105 was right, but im not 100% sure

The general consensus is that 105 mins was correct. You had to take 30 off as it asked how much longer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply