The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Olympiad
"Y'all are"
I don't say it though, just write/text it

Posted from TSR Mobile

weirdoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Has anyone got like a grid with all the y=f(x) rules for maths? I'm really confused and just need to learn it, but I can't find it in one place and I've lost my book :frown:
[video="youtube;70qVuy_auag"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70qVuy_auag[/video]
Original post by Molly_xox
Has anyone got like a grid with all the y=f(x) rules for maths? I'm really confused and just need to learn it, but I can't find it in one place and I've lost my book :frown:

What exactly do you mean..?

y=f(x) is basically the equation of a line/curve...

:dontknow:
Yeah the problem I have with China is that they're seriously nationalistic :tongue: People shouldn't be restricted from working with this stuff because they weren't born in a country with a space program :lol:
Reply 7445
Not the iPhone...haha. That would shatter if you put in water.

This sentence doesn't really make sense, considering that the number of "rules" involving y=f(x) is probably quite astronomical.
Original post by Ryan075
Not the iPhone...haha. That would shatter if you put it at the bottom of the Mariana Trench.

fixed*
Original post by MangoFreak
NASA isn't the sole space agency on the planet :holmes:

Regardless, suggesting that they'll shut down is just conjecture. What I was particularly referring to in that post isn't something that costs very much anyway :mmm: (it would probably cost a lot once it gets bigger but I think the government will think it worth it, and if not Europe/Russia/China can take it up :dontknow:)

Fair rebuttal to my statement :colonhash:. Though it isn't just conjecture, I have read into the situation and heard directly from a government official as to their plans with NASA. I can't really go into anymore detail as it is quite confidential
I suppose you're correct, though I'm quite skeptical to the possibility of aliens, there simply isn't any concrete evidence from telescopes, rovers and phonograms(I think that's what their called) to back it up.

My iPad is doing things again...
Original post by Bude8
fixed*

I love the band, if it wasn't for Marianas Trench I wouldn't know about the actual geographic feature.

Original post by Bude8
What exactly do you mean..?

y=f(x) is basically the equation of a line/curve...

:dontknow:

I think it's called translations of a line? I don't really know :s-smilie:
If you don't think this is epic then you're a noob
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3aYiiGd3PZc#t=121s
I think it's called translations of a line? I don't really know :s-smilie:

translations = changing the position of a line on a graph, usually done by column vectors.
Original post by MangoFreak
This sentence doesn't really make sense, considering that the number of "rules" involving y=f(x) is probably quite astronomical.

Sorry, stressing :s-smilie:

There's at least 6, and I've lost my book so I don't know what any of them are, the only thing I remember about it is y=f(x) :confused:
Original post by Bude8
translations = changing the position of a line on a graph, usually done by column vectors.

What are column vectors?
Is anyone on this thread doing the maths exam tommorow?
Original post by Princepieman
Fair rebuttal to my statement :colonhash:. Though it isn't just conjecture, I have read into the situation and heard directly from a government official as to their plans with NASA. I can't really go into anymore detail as it is quite confidential
I suppose you're correct, though I'm quite skeptical to the possibility of aliens, there simply isn't any concrete evidence from telescopes, rovers and phonograms(I think that's what their called) to back it up.

"Heard directly from a government official?" :holmes: I should say that if this was a US official there is no Official Secrets Act, so you wouldn't be under any obligations to withhold confidential info :colone:

Curiosity found evidence to suggest that life could have been supported on Mars at one point :lol: Regardless of this, it's almost a statistical certainty that life on other worlds exists (if we were literally the only life in the universe, I might be more easily convinced to convert to a religion :mmm: Although I still probably wouldn't :colone:)

Yes exactly :awesome: **** Doctors without Borders, I want Scientists without Borders :ahee:
Yes! finished school :P 80 days till college.

Hmm what should i do?

Latest