The Student Room Group

Edexcel: 11th and 14th June 2013 (Linear) 1MA0/1H + 2H (Official Thread)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
good luck for tommorrow im really scared about tomorrow hope it is easy and not hard like the non-calc paper is it easy to get a C in higher edexcel linear paper?
What do you need overall to get a B? This is a resit for me and I think I have done terrible on paper 1, they definitely take your highest grade don't they?
Could someone answer this question?
Where is the 'Plus & Minus' button on the casio calculator? I can't seem to find it!
If I were to to work out a quadratic in 2 calculations rather than 1, would I loose marks?
Reply 563
Original post by cleveradam
Could someone answer this question?
Where is the 'Plus & Minus' button on the casio calculator? I can't seem to find it!
If I were to to work out a quadratic in 2 calculations rather than 1, would I loose marks?

Wouldnt lose any marks dont worry about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 564
What one topic should I really focus on for tommorow? Like surds or vectors etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 565
Original post by LittleMraz
What do you need overall to get a B? This is a resit for me and I think I have done terrible on paper 1, they definitely take your highest grade don't they?

I'd say 91 but aim for 100 if you want to be sure.
Reply 566
Original post by cmorga1
What one topic should I really focus on for tommorow? Like surds or vectors etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Trigonometry, Pythagoras, Sine and Cosine and all A*/A topics (as long as you know everything else).
Reply 567
Original post by MizRman
Trigonometry, Pythagoras, Sine and Cosine and all A*/A topics (as long as you know everything else).

whats most likely to come up tomorrow: surds, pythagoras, triganometry, circle theorem, rationalising the denominator, box plots, moving average, frequency polygon, transformation of normal graphs, percentages(they are the most likely!) thats what I think!
Reply 568

I would guess about 100-130 on both papers together, about 50-60 on each
Reply 569
Original post by Bert12345
Aim for around 150. Did the answers for tuesday's paper help?

Yes,it did helped me A LOT - thank you
Reply 570
what do you think an A* is this time round? I think I got between 74 and 88 on this paper so I really want to know!
are graphs of k/x and a^x likely to be on the paper tomorrow?? And are the sine and cosine graphs going to be on the calculator paper?? Although we did have that in the non-calculator paper
Reply 572
Original post by Yellow Messiah
Does anyone know if we need to remember metric to imperial conversions e.g 30cm = 1ft or will they be given in the question.

they are never given, but you shouldn't remember them, what you should do is learn how to convert them; there will be questions in the exam with two different units that you would need to convert.
e.g. 1 gallon is 3.76ltrs
1 gallon is £1.80 dollars
£1 is $1.75

work out whether petrol is cheaper in the UK or USA(paraphrased from Nov 2012 calculator)
Reply 573
i was really hoping for an a/a* but i think i got around 65 for paper 1 :frown: really upset right now...:frown:
Reply 574
how many marks do u need on each paper to pass the exam
Reply 575
I took foundation in November got a D, resat in March on higher got a C, decided to retake it again but after the first paper I'm worried. If I end up with an overall D will my C still count?

Yes. You have asked this many times and I have answered this for other people previously. Your best grade is chosen.
Reply 576
Just really hope it's easier than Tuesday, does anyone think it will be easier??
Reply 577
for the quadratic equation it says,,,

The solutions of ax^2 +bx+c=0,where a (then a funny sign!) 0, are given by...(then it says the formula).....
what is that funny sign??? and what if the sum is in minus?? and last but not least wat does that +- sign mean??
THNX!!

Original post by CREIS
for the quadratic equation it says,,,

The solutions of ax^2 +bx+c=0,where a (then a funny sign!) 0, are given by...(then it says the formula).....
what is that funny sign??? and what if the sum is in minus?? and last but not least wat does that +- sign mean??
THNX!!

1. I assume the "funny sign" you're referring to is the equals sign with a diagonal line through it. If so the sign simply means not equal to.

2. I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but if you have the equation x^2 - 9x + 2 = 0 then for the -b at a start of the quadratic formula, it would equal 9 as a minus and a minus makes a positive

3. +- literally means plus or minus. For questions involving quadratic formula there are almost always two answers, a positive and negative value for x. First you work out the answer using the + sign, then after you work out the answer using the - sign to get both values of x.
Original post by dazzer19
I have never ever ever ever ever seen this on any of the numerous past papers ive done, so do you reckon it'll come up?

Its come up on a couple of papers, but it's not too bad, although it looks a bit weird the first time you see it.

I'm fairly sure it is in GCSE, and tbh, it isn't that hard, although it appears that way. They might ask you to draw a circle with a compass, and that will involve knowing where the centre is. It won't be very complicated so if you understand it then it is an easy 2/3 marks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending