The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Chemistry C4C5C6 - 13/06/13

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChloBrown98
Was the option D on the precipitate question the last option? Because I can remember putting the last option.

there were 4 and yes D was the last one. i think you were supposed to say which ions were present though? which..well...i couldn't remember :rolleyes:

you should have certainly gained some marks on that C6 6 marker.
Original post by benwalters1996
That compare Hydration and Fermentation one was SOO easy! I thought 'oh god' because i was expecting to have to remember each advantage/disadvantage for Hydration and Fermentation off the top of my head xD

Anyone-Any ideas if physics will be easier or harder than these?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right. I believe it will be easier if you revise :P
You might get a mark or two and other parts of the paper were easier :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks and I hope so :smile:
there were 4 and yes D was the last one. i think you were supposed to say which ions were present though? which..well...i couldn't remember :rolleyes:

you should have certainly gained some marks on that C6 6 marker.

Okay and yay i've got at least 1 mark and I don't think I put about the ions present, I think I said something like the precipitate changes colours in different elements. Haha
Original post by ThenAaliyahSaid
I know right. I believe it will be easier if you revise :P

thanks for pointing out the obvious there :rolleyes:
SO relieved, I can't even tell you. I'm truly, truly awful at sciencey/mathsy things and I think the test was kind. Yeeeeaaah!

(Anybody confident with the answer to the precipitates question?)
Reply 546
What I put for the precipitates question:

"D is the one with a mixture of two compounds. This is because in the test with barium chloride, a white precipitate was formed. This is a positive result for sulphate ions. In the test with silver nitrate, a white precipitate also formed - indicating the presence of halide/chloride ions. The final test with sodium hydroxide formed a light green precipitate, indicating that the mixture contains Iron (II) compounds. Therefore, solute D must be the one with a mixture of two compounds, as sulphate ions cannot bond with chloride ions to make a compound, so there must be two compounds; Iron (II) sulphate and Iron (II) chloride."

I think that's right, and the explanation should be decent enough :smile:
Can't say I'm as confident as any of you lot. Found the additional and biology to be ridiculously simple, but I don't even think I got a C here.
Reply 548
Original post by oneafter909
Can't say I'm as confident as any of you lot. Found the additional and biology to be ridiculously simple, but I don't even think I got a C here.

I didn't do as well as a lot of the people posting seem to have done either. It was easier than I expected it to be, but that doesn't mean I found it easy haha. :s I just struggle with c4/5/6

Hopefully I'll feel a lot more confident for physics!
Original post by boldred
I didn't do as well as a lot of the people posting seem to have done either. It was easier than I expected it to be, but that doesn't mean I found it easy haha. :s I just struggle with c4/5/6

Hopefully I'll feel a lot more confident for physics!

Some people might be lying pretending they did better than they actually did? You never know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some people might be lying pretending they did better than they actually did? You never know

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you think you did (be honest :tongue: )? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 551

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I guess they could be! When I first came out of the exam I was thinking I'd gotten maybe a B, but since I got home I've realised I guessed a lot of the answers so now maybe a low C haha - but then again, I found the 6 markers okay, especially the last one. Hm mixed feelings, I'll just have to wait until results day!
this may sound really silly aha, but what did you all put for that metallic bond question? :tongue:
Original post by Zippyzazu
this may sound really silly aha, but what did you all put for that metallic bond question? :tongue:

I put there's closely packed positive ions surrounded by a sea of delocalised electrons, with strong attraction between the ions. And then drew a picture showing this :smile:

By the way, there's a Chinese proverb that says 'he who asks is a fool for 5 minutes, he who does not ask remains a fool forever' so there aren't any silly questions :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 554
Original post by BP_Tranquility
I put there's closely packed positive ions surrounded by a sea of delocalised electrons, with strong attraction between the ions. And then drew a picture showing this :smile:

By the way, there's a Chinese proverb that says 'he who asks is a fool for 5 minutes, he who does not ask remains a fool forever' so there aren't any silly questions :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said exactly what you said including about high b and m point to break up these closed pack ions and decloiased electrons but I didn't draw a diagram would I still get the 2 marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha thanks for the proverb!! :colondollar: ohh right, I wrote about the delocalised electrons but that's about it, d'ya remember how many marks it was please lol? :smile: think I got 1 at best :tongue: thanks!
How do you think you did (be honest :tongue: )? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

quite well :tongue: that zinc and copper question was too easy to be true...WTF?! why would they even put that in there?

apart from that-quite well :smile: hopefully enough for full UMS if i'm very lucky :biggrin:

OH LORD I did it so wrong. Just drew some circles in a square and wrote about a giant lattice. Misread the question, dammit.
Reply 558
Would you get marks for metallic bonding question if you put a detailed response but didnt do diagram as it was 2 marks?
haha thanks for the proverb!! :colondollar: ohh right, I wrote about the delocalised electrons but that's about it, d'ya remember how many marks it was please lol? :smile: think I got 1 at best :tongue: thanks!

The question was 2 marks I think (might have been 3 though). :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending