The Student Room Group

Law Unit 4 14th June 2013 (AQA)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tomac
Yes I'm doing tort too! It seems like we're the only ones.

Stick to morality like you say, I'm pretty sure it will come up. Make sure you know what can reduce the standards of a reasonable man!

Posted from TSR Mobile

aha i think i'm ace at negligence.. occupiers i cannot be bothered to learn so i'll skip that q lol :biggrin:
Reply 441
Original post by salsadipss
aha i think i'm ace at negligence.. occupiers i cannot be bothered to learn so i'll skip that q lol :biggrin:

If you look at past papers, occupiers always comes up in one of the scenarios.. So its basically a guarantees 5-10 marks depending on question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 442
Original post by theogoree
if morals dont come up im done for

That makes 2 of us

Posted from TSR Mobile
If somebody could summarise morals, justice and creativity that'd be ace.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Warda3
That makes 2 of us

Posted from TSR Mobile

3 of us!
Reply 445
I'm having a panic attack. I've only done morals in-depth. I've skimmed over justice and fault and I need 77 UMS in this exam to get A and thats 65/85 raw marks roughly. I'm so scared that I'll just fail the concepts essay if morals does't come up :frown:
Reply 446
Original post by freakchild
3 of us!

4 of us!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 447
In theft, when someone gives someone a gift, but it is under false pretences, has the ownership passed? What do you say about belonging to another? I am having a mind blank!

eg. Tom sat on a street corner in torn and dirty clothes, with a sign which falsely stated that
he was homeless and needed money for accommodation. Sunitra, a passer-by, took
pity on him and gave him £20.
Original post by *Sierra*
In theft, when someone gives someone a gift, but it is under false pretences, has the ownership passed? What do you say about belonging to another? I am having a mind blank!

eg. Tom sat on a street corner in torn and dirty clothes, with a sign which falsely stated that

I think that one you have to mention Gomez, and Hinks - because appropriation happens even with consent of the owner or if it's a gift. Otherwise that scenario is straight-forward I think.
Reply 450
Original post by *Sierra*

As another person said its theft as under Gibbins and Hinks. But don't forget its also fraud by false representation. Hope this helps.
Reply 451
Original post by EternalFrission
I am learning the same topics....how many words approx. should we write for the tort/criminal section essays??

there's no criminal in this exam. and i don't know approximately how much we have to write, i think it's about quality rather than quantity :smile:
Reply 452
Original post by Mreyow
I'm having a panic attack. I've only done morals in-depth. I've skimmed over justice and fault and I need 77 UMS in this exam to get A and thats 65/85 raw marks roughly. I'm so scared that I'll just fail the concepts essay if morals does't come up :frown:

the paper is out of 80 (25+25+30). an A* is 66 raw marks so i guess an A is only 58-60 marks :smile:
Reply 453
Thank you! My mind isn't thinking straight right now!
Reply 454
Original post by salsadipss
One Q, if i'm doing section B - Tort, should my section C be based on Tort too? likeee in fault should i learn tort aspect? as i've only covered criminal?
focusing mainly on law and morality :\

for fault you can do civil only but it will have to be in extreme depth. we learnt criminal and civil for fault.
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TELL ME THE DIFFERCE BETWEEN SECTION 9 1 (a) and section 9 1 (b) because I am having trouble unerstanding which is which in a scenario, hate to use caps but I just don't know.
Original post by Tubis
there's no criminal in this exam. and i don't know approximately how much we have to write, i think it's about quality rather than quantity :smile:
thnxx
Original post by Meganebaker
6 :frown:
Original post by Tubis
for fault you can do civil only but it will have to be in extreme depth. we learnt criminal and civil for fault.

So would you suggest both instead? i've only learnt criminal myself...
is the topic Ryland v fletcher likely to come up in both the scenarios??

Quick Reply

Latest