The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2180
Original post by James A
It will definitely be one of these essays for our exam, thanks for the suggestions though :yy:, much appreciated.

how do you know this ?? :smile:
are diffusion gradient and concentration gradient interchangeable terms?
Original post by ConorP
Yeah I agree, don't know what you mean why the neg?

Posted from TSR Mobile

She means that her comment got a thumbs down. She didn't know why someone would do that.

Original post by ahmmm
how do you know this ?? :smile:

Because I'm a subscriber, I can see who gives me thumbs up/thumbs downs. I was just curious as to why you didn't like my question I was asking Mocking Bird. :s-smilie:
Reply 2183
Original post by James A
She means that her comment got a thumbs down. She didn't know why someone would do that.

Because I'm a subscriber, I can see who gives me thumbs up/thumbs downs. I was just curious as to why you didn't like my question I was asking Mocking Bird. :s-smilie:

you know its one of those essays because you're a subsriber? what are you talking about
Reply 2184
Original post by James A

Oh well I'm on my phone so can't give thumbs down anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gingerandice
are diffusion gradient and concentration gradient interchangeable terms?

Yeah, you can interchange them.
Original post by ahmmm
you know its one of those essays because you're a subsriber? what are you talking about

Well what other essays could they ask that involves all units of the syllabus? Enlighten me :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Reply 2187
Original post by James A

as far as i know ive not thumbs up or downed anyone thats why i dont really know what you're on about :confused:
Original post by ahmmm
as far as i know ive not thumbs up or downed anyone thats why i dont really know what you're on about :confused:

Original post by James A
So taxes is moving their whole body to a favourable area? (Directional stimulus)

Click on 'original post' on my Taxes comment and you will see the thumbs down. I just wanted to know why you disagree with the comment?
Reply 2189
Original post by James A
Well what other essays could they ask that involves all units of the syllabus? Enlighten me :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

'the essay title wont necessarily be synoptic - it could be anything from A level biology thats a big enough topic to write about for 40mins'

ermm yh ok then
Reply 2190
Original post by James A
Click on 'original post' on my Taxes comment and you will see the thumbs down. I just wanted to know why you disagree with the comment?

oops my bad, accept my apology?
Very biology based conversation going on here :tongue:
so whats the best way to structure essay?
Reply 2193
Just remember..
Taxis as "taxi" (directional movement, to or any from a stimulus)
Kinesis as "kinetic energy" (random movement in response to intensity of stimulus)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2194

Write as much as you can as quick as you can hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ahmmm
'the essay title wont necessarily be synoptic - it could be anything from A level biology thats a big enough topic to write about for 40mins'

ermm yh ok then

Why on earth do they refer to the 25 mark questions as a synoptic essay?

In other words, you're trying to say that they could ask us a question on 'The role on pigments', just because it's from A-Level Biology and 'big enough to write about in 40 minutes'?

Quoted from the specification.

Unit 5 : Examination paper (100 raw marks / 140 UMS) 8 10 short answer questions plus 2
longer questions (a data-handling question and a synoptic essay - choice of 1 out of 2)
2 hours 15 minutes
Reply 2196

tip from my teacher is if you're not sure about something you wanna write down, leave it out !! cost they'll take a mark off the ****ing ****ers
Reply 2197
Original post by James A
Why on earth do they refer to the 25 mark questions as a synoptic essay?

In other words, you're trying to say that they could ask us a question on 'The role on pigments', just because it's from A-Level Biology and 'big enough to write about in 40 minutes'?

Quoted from the specification.

my teacher wrote it in our notes for a reason, and explained what he wrote too - so ill be taking his advice over yours for sure MATE.
Original post by ahmmm
my teacher wrote it in our notes for a reason, and explained what he wrote too - so ill be taking his advice over yours for sure MATE.

Look, I'm not your 'mate'.

Secondly, it's a synoptic essay.

In any case, what did your teacher write in your notes?

I quoted in my previous response from the specification, which is always correct.
Reply 2199
Original post by James A
Look, I'm not your 'mate'.

Secondly, it's a synoptic essay.

In any case, what did your teacher write in your notes?

I quoted in my previous response from the specification, which is always correct.

why cant we just be fwends? :redface:
i just wrote what was written - he's explained that to us too, pretty self explanatory
june 2011 was 'using DNA in science and tech' ... the bulk of that is in bio5 - not particularly synoptic?