The Student Room Group

AQA A2 BUSS3, 13 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

What's done is done now guys. We cant change what we wrote in the exam. Lets focus on BUSS 4 now and improve upon this exam!
Reply 421
I've already done BUSS4 :smile:
Reply 422
Original post by jnug
wow. thats just special. how the hell did you get 38%?!? #wroooooooong

We will see who's special or results day.
I got 38% as well. I added all the figures (came to 15.2m) then divided by 4 to get the average annum (3.8m). Divided that by the initial cost (10m) and multiplied by 100 (38%). Can someone show the working out they did to get 13% because loads of people got that and I have no idea how :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 424
Original post by Onelostpanda
I got 38% as well. I added all the figures (came to 15.2m) then divided by 4 to get the average annum (3.8m). Divided that by the initial cost (10m) and multiplied by 100 (38%). Can someone show the working out they did to get 13% because loads of people got that and I have no idea how :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here i did the same mistake. forgot to takeaway 14 from 10 to get the initial profit
Reply 425
Original post by iggyDash
Same here i did the same mistake. forgot to takeaway 14 from 10 to get the initial profit

Either way, it's above 12 so you could have drawn the same conclusion?:s I got 3.8 for payback time and was still like 'eh, it's financially sort of viable:L'
Reply 426
Original post by Kat12395
Either way, it's above 12 so you could have drawn the same conclusion?:s I got 3.8 for payback time and was still like 'eh, it's financially sort of viable:L'

Yeah i did lol. i concluded its viable but they would have to raise it from share capital as they already had high gearing

And i know its a bit random but its..
first time ive seen someone from MK on tsr lol
Reply 427
Yeah i did lol. i concluded its viable but they would have to raise it from share capital as they already had high gearing

And i know its a bit random but its..
first time ive seen someone from MK on tsr lol

Ah ****, I didn't put that cause I was like 'ah, they're already a plc' and ran out of time in my conclusion (for the 36) to write 'they should sell more shares'. I did however put that they had considerably higher gearing than in 2012 and would have to make drastic changes, otherwise inevitable failure:L

&Yeah, I'm the one person from MK I've seen! (Apart from a couple of Sixth Form friends) Haha! Are you from MK? If not- I promise I'm not one of the Wonderworld clubbing chavs you hear about on the news! :s
Reply 428
For the last question i used gearing, roce and current ratio.
Current was like 1.75:1, do you reckon my conclusion is okay if i said they shouldn't go ahead with it because recruitment costs will add to their liabilities and cause them to perhaps be unable to handle the implications of the proposal and should instead solidify their standing in the current market with more persuasive promotional sources and use their high quality, reliable reputation as a competitive advantage to compete against the CL in the market.
Reply 429
Original post by Onelostpanda

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the exact same mistake , then when walking out the exam room I realised to get 13% we was meant to take out 10 out of 15.2 to find the annual rate of profit ( not revenue ) then divide that by the initial cost in order to find the ARR. So the thing we did wrong was we divided avarage rate of sales revenue by the inital cost instead of dividing the avarage rate of profit. My teacher told me if I write the formula and explain what it gives but my workings are wrong I still might get points , so there still might be hope for us to get a few points out of it.
Oh damn, yh thats right. Thanks I was lost as to what I did wrong Well onto the next one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 431
Ah ****, I didn't put that cause I was like 'ah, they're already a plc' and ran out of time in my conclusion (for the 36) to write 'they should sell more shares'. I did however put that they had considerably higher gearing than in 2012 and would have to make drastic changes, otherwise inevitable failure:L

&Yeah, I'm the one person from MK I've seen! (Apart from a couple of Sixth Form friends) Haha! Are you from MK? If not- I promise I'm not one of the Wonderworld clubbing chavs you hear about on the news! :s

Yes i am indeed from mk. how did you find BUSS4?
Reply 432
Yes i am indeed from mk. how did you find BUSS4?

Nice one!:') &Not too bad! Went a bit off on a tangent on the second question though:s How'd you find it?
Reply 433
I got 13% because I counted year 0 as a year and divided by five instead of four :\
Reply 434
Nice one!:') &Not too bad! Went a bit off on a tangent on the second question though:s How'd you find it?

Yeah i think everyone goes of a bit tangent at some point lol. I found it good as i was expecting something worse lol was very happy with both questions .
hi there , do any of you remember the exact questions that came up in this exam , has'nt been released on aqa , pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Reply 436
Has anybody got the unit 3 paper for june 2013 please
Original post by sunnyb94
Has anybody got the unit 3 paper for june 2013 please

Yh mate dd that as a mock the other day Failed it -______-
Reply 438
what did u get? sounds like it's hard
Reply 439
Also can u send me it please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending