The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 2 Accounting exam 12th June 2013

HI
Is anyone here doing this exam.

Scroll to see replies

im doing this exam as well!!!
my problem is that we finished the A2 portion in 3 months hence it was very rushed!!!! :frown:
really scared here.....
how is prep going for you?
I did it and i got full ums.. It was quite easy.. As long as you finish all the past papers and keep doing exercises, you will be fine
Reply 4
Original post by AM_Broadcasts
im doing this exam as well!!!
my problem is that we finished the A2 portion in 3 months hence it was very rushed!!!! :frown:
really scared here.....

I am in the same situation...in my case it was 2 months!!!

But I think the exam is going to be fine since Edexcel is very specific in their syllabus so I learned every single thing in there! And the questions are repetitive and follow the same pattern... and the written answers are also quite easy to do since we can learn alot from the mark schemes.
Original post by Shiromei125
I am in the same situation...in my case it was 2 months!!!

But I think the exam is going to be fine since Edexcel is very specific in their syllabus so I learned every single thing in there! And the questions are repetitive and follow the same pattern... and the written answers are also quite easy to do since we can learn alot from the mark schemes.

urghh i'm not too sure about it being easy because i did my AS level this summer as well and the paper went bad.
they gave hard questions, that i have never seen before and according to my teacher the difficulty level of that paper was like an A2 one!!!

sadly all my exams so far have been harder that the previous years!!

but yes even i am doing all the past papers as well...they really help!!
Reply 6
urghh i'm not too sure about it being easy because i did my AS level this summer as well and the paper went bad.
they gave hard questions, that i have never seen before and according to my teacher the difficulty level of that paper was like an A2 one!!!

sadly all my exams so far have been harder that the previous years!!

but yes even i am doing all the past papers as well...they really help!!

Try doing all the past papers you can get your hands on even 10 years worth...
What I found helpful was checking my own papers... so I would do a paper... check it with the marking scheme and give marks... so I would Identify areas I am good at and bad at and study them to improve. The marking schemes are very helpful since they give out the exact marks to be awarded to you can see the way examiners would award marks and this would help you to write answers that gain marks.

I found this method very helpful and effective and this helped me get good grades at AS level which I did in January 2013...

Hope this helps...
Try doing all the past papers you can get your hands on even 10 years worth...
What I found helpful was checking my own papers... so I would do a paper... check it with the marking scheme and give marks... so I would Identify areas I am good at and bad at and study them to improve. The marking schemes are very helpful since they give out the exact marks to be awarded to you can see the way examiners would award marks and this would help you to write answers that gain marks.

I found this method very helpful and effective and this helped me get good grades at AS level which I did in January 2013...

Hope this helps...

yes i do the same, even for economics.

but i've also noticed that the marking scheme is wrong sometimes!!! like the wrong answers are given

ohh how did you do for AS?
Reply 8
yes i do the same, even for economics.

but i've also noticed that the marking scheme is wrong sometimes!!! like the wrong answers are given

ohh how did you do for AS?

My UMS for AS was 298/300
My UMS for AS was 298/300

oh that is really good!! :smile:
so now you need to get 270 UMS for A* right?

or do you need a total of 480/600?
never really understood the UMS!! :P

oh n for past papers did you do the years 2006 and 2007 as well??
coz i can't find the marking schemes for those 2 years...
Reply 10
Hey guys!
Any guesses on section A. Except for the published accounts question?:smile:
Reply 11
can anyone give me a link to the january and june 2006 mark scheme
Reply 12
oh that is really good!! :smile:
so now you need to get 270 UMS for A* right?

or do you need a total of 480/600?
never really understood the UMS!! :P

oh n for past papers did you do the years 2006 and 2007 as well??
coz i can't find the marking schemes for those 2 years...

Try this site:

http://papers.xtremepapers.com/Edexcel/Advanced%20Level/Accounting/
Reply 13
Original post by wbrian
can anyone give me a link to the january and june 2006 mark scheme

http://papers.xtremepapers.com/Edexcel/Advanced%20Level/Accounting/
Reply 14
Original post by deshn21
Hey guys!

Mergers Or Cash Flow statement
Reply 15
Original post by deshn21
Hey guys!

Mergers or Cash flow statements
Reply 16
Mergers or Cash flow statements

Yeah! even i had them in mind:smile:
Reply 17
sooo how was the paper???
i actually found it really good!!!! my cashflow statement actually TALLIED in the first go :smile:
Reply 19
sooo how was the paper???
i actually found it really good!!!! my cashflow statement actually TALLIED in the first go :smile:

Really, great!. I found the cashflow confusing coz I didn't see a Profit and loss statement. I was a bit confused at that moment so I chose Q2 instead. Hw was sec B I left out the budgeting question. What do expect the grade boundaries to be? What will be the A* mark??
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending