The Student Room Group

Law Unit 4 14th June 2013 (AQA)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by xxm
:tongue: I mentioned intoxication in just one sentence no need to go into detail. Overall though I was happy!

Awesome. Good luck with your other exams, if you have any.
Reply 541
Did any 1 scenario 3?
Reply 542
for the robbery what kinds of things did u put ?
Reply 543
Original post by lharto
For the second scenario 1st question I got theft, robbery, burglary, duress and 2nd question theft, fraud and obtaining services. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exact same as me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lharto
For the second scenario 1st question I got theft, robbery, burglary, duress and 2nd question theft, fraud and obtaining services. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got theft robbery burglary 91a and 19b and duress
Then I got criminal damage, (no theft :mad:) fraud and obtaining services - ran out of time for obtaining services mr though :frown: good job I did a rough plan at the start I guess
Reply 545
I missed out bloody false representation on question two!
Went perfect other than that though...
Original post by book worm
for the robbery what kinds of things did u put ?

I just said see above for the actus reus of theft, then went through each element briefly. I used the case of Dawson and James to say that a push was sufficient, then B and R for the D not being scared, and Lloyd/Hale to say continuing/ongoing appropriation

For the mens rea I just said see above, then said plus intent to using force, then just said how he pushed him so would have been intent
Reply 547
where was the 9 1b burglary ?
Original post by book worm
where was the 9 1b burglary ?

In scenario 2, he'd actually attempted to steal (don't have to succeed) and as soon as you attempt it transfers form 91a to 91b

91a is just an intent to commit the ulterior offence, like they're just thinking about it but they might get caught and decide not to, eg where they don't actually do it

91b is where they attempt or succeed in committing the ulterior offence, he'd attempted by grabbing the money, even though he dropped it :smile:
Did anyone do the first scenario on tort?
I got private nuisance, normal negligence and Rylands v Fletcher for the first question. Then the second question I got OLA 1957, medical negligence and vicarious liability :smile: :smile: thought it was a good paper, all the topics I didn't like were on the other scenario.
Reply 550
Original post by Cryl
Awesome. Good luck with your other exams, if you have any.

Thanks you too!
Reply 551
for scenario 2 criminal damage what kinds of things did u put / cases ?
I did Scenario 1 Offences Against Property.

I got for question 1 theft of the letter, blackmail and intoxication.

For question 2, I wrote false representation, basic criminal damage and aggravated criminal damage and burglary S9(1)(b).

Any else get that?
Reply 553
Original post by musicandme

For question 2, I wrote false representation, basic criminal damage and aggravated criminal damage and burglary S9(1)(b).

Any else get that?

I got exactly that :smile:
I found that quite good. Ended up writing 18 pages which is the second time that's happened in a week!

I did scenario 1. I got Theft, Blackmail, Intoxication for the 1st and Fraud, Burglary, and Criminal Damage (and endangering life) for the 2nd.
Reply 555
Original post by lharto

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the second question what was the theft of?
Original post by Meganebaker
Did anyone do the first scenario on tort?
I got private nuisance, normal negligence and Rylands v Fletcher for the first question. Then the second question I got OLA 1957, medical negligence and vicarious liability :smile: :smile: thought it was a good paper, all the topics I didn't like were on the other scenario.

I did the second question on tort. I much prefer negligent misstatement to nuisance :smile: Although when I went through both scenarios I got what you listed on the first one. Was there no public nuisance?
Original post by musicandme

Any else get that?

Exactly that.
Reply 558
Original post by lharto

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Warda3

Same, where was the theft :s

I had to rush the last question because i took waaaaay too much time on morals :P
Original post by Cheese man
In scenario 2, he'd actually attempted to steal (don't have to succeed) and as soon as you attempt it transfers form 91a to 91b

91a is just an intent to commit the ulterior offence, like they're just thinking about it but they might get caught and decide not to, eg where they don't actually do it

91b is where they attempt or succeed in committing the ulterior offence, he'd attempted by grabbing the money, even though he dropped it :smile:

9 (1) (A) is where you enter as a trespasser, with the intention of committing the ulterior offence - whether you succeed or not. 9 (1) (B) is where, having entered as a trespasser (maybe by going into a prohibited area) you attempt to steal or actually steal. The question is, where was the intention to steal formed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending