The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Chemistry C4C5C6 - 13/06/13

Scroll to see replies

Original post by john712
I said exactly what you said including about high b and m point to break up these closed pack ions and decloiased electrons but I didn't draw a diagram would I still get the 2 marks?

I'm not sure if the question said the diagram was optional or not, but the examiner might let you have have full marks for that question, if they're being nice :wink:
Reply 561
I think it said "Use a diagram to describe metallic bonding" or something like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BP_Tranquility
The question was 2 marks I think (might have been 3 though). :smile:

Ah ok :smile: thanks, well hopefully I've still done enough for an A* but I wouldn't mind an A lol :tongue:
For the ethene-ethanol question.. did anyone put ethene +water (reversible sign) ethanol or did you just do ethene (reversible sign) ethanol?
Original post by sunshinebeem
For the ethene-ethanol question.. did anyone put ethene +water (reversible sign) ethanol or did you just do ethene (reversible sign) ethanol?

I just put

Ethene + Water ---> Ethanol
I found this exam unbelievably easy. i probably got full UMS again. (last time i got 140/140ums). And I mean the dot and cross diagram, i thought it was a troll question. Even the symbol equations were pisss. Definitely got an A* in this GCSE no doubt aboout it.
Original post by iPixelBlue
I found this exam unbelievably easy. i probably got full UMS again. (last time i got 140/140ums). And I mean the dot and cross diagram, i thought it was a troll question. Even the symbol equations were pisss. Definitely got an A* in this GCSE no doubt aboout it.

Have some modesty please.

if you are talking about the hydration of ethene: ethene + water --> ethanol.

This is the only right answer for that question, however they would accept symbol equations too: C2H4 + H2O --> C2H5OH

Hope this helped :smile:
Reply 568
Oh yeah guys, do you think 'ethene + steam ---> ethanol' would get a mark?
Original post by andersson
Oh yeah guys, do you think 'ethene + steam ---> ethanol' would get a mark?

I dunno, but you should get some credit because steam refers to water, and is still technically correct. (I think they use steam in the factories for hydration)
Reply 570
I dunno, but you should get some credit because steam refers to water, and is still technically correct. (I think they use steam in the factories for hydration)

Yeah in my revision guide it says the 'steam' in brackets next to the 'water'... Can you remember if it was 1 or 2 marks?

i think that answer should be fine :tongue:
Original post by andersson
Yeah in my revision guide it says the 'steam' in brackets next to the 'water'... Can you remember if it was 1 or 2 marks?

1 mark because only symbol equations are 2. word equations are 1.
Oh. My book had both of those equations so I ended up putting ethene (reversible sign) ethanol. But above it on the page I put ethene + water (reversible sign) ethanol. Do you think I'll get the mark?
Oh. My book had both of those equations so I ended up putting ethene (reversible sign) ethanol. But above it on the page I put ethene + water (reversible sign) ethanol. Do you think I'll get the mark?

yeah and the reversible sign is correct, but our teacher said it makes no difference to the mark scheme. here take a look: http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Q6XFfg8IIuAC&pg=RA1-PA412&lpg=RA1-PA412&dq=is+hydration+a+reversible+ethene&source=bl&ots=AaTF8btmG5&sig=f8_KPcYkSj93BliJ657XBYL7kYk&hl=en&sa=X&ei=h0y7UfOaHuGX0AWf3YG4Cg&ved=0CEEQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=is%20hydration%20a%20reversible%20ethene&f=false
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I just put

Ethene + Water ---> Ethanol
this has made my day thank you yay! hey that rhymes :tongue:
Original post by DeadUnicorn
this has made my day thank you yay! hey that rhymes :tongue:

Ahah, de rien :tongue:
Ahah, de rien :tongue:
I had to look that up lmao, but you're welcome! :smile:
Original post by DeadUnicorn
I had to look that up lmao, but you're welcome! :smile:

What?:tongue: It means "it's nothing"

Like np:tongue: I thought people used it quite commonly:colondollar:
What?:tongue: It means "it's nothing"

Like np:tongue: I thought people used it quite commonly:colondollar:
They probably do in normal places, but where I am from they usually say something like "S'COOL BRUH!" :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending