The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3,C4 June 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

image.jpg
image.jpg

Can someone do question 32? I get up to having the equation in terms of ln but I don't get how they found the value of the constant

put each side in terms of y and x, then intergrate, with +C

sub in x and y to find the C value and then add it to the equation and put it into y^2 = f(x)

I tried, and got this:
Original post by Anythingoo1
This.

Why bother wasting time complaining about the difficulty of an exam and demanding resits when you could be using that time to focus on C4 which is coming up, and try and make up for the lost marks on C4? And do you really think Edexcel would design a specification and then turn around and go "well actually nothing in the test paper is going to be in the spec"?

Btw, let me get this straight, you're a girl, you're amazing at maths, and you play pokemon? Why haven't I met you yet!?

I can understand people's frustrations that it may have been the hardest, if not, the hardest C3 paper to date but saying that it was impossible to do, designed for those taking STEP/ AEA or had content outside of the syllabus is ridiculous.

Oh and long story short but I'm actually a guy :colondollar: Sorry :wink:
Original post by Felix Felicis
I can understand people's frustrations that it may have been the hardest, if not, the hardest C3 paper to date but saying that it was impossible to do, designed for those taking STEP/ AEA or had content outside of the syllabus is ridiculous.

Damn :frown:

I was gonna say this

Spoiler

Original post by James A
Damn :frown:

I was gonna say this

Spoiler

You never know. You might still be able to say it :rofl:
This may be of some use for people who sat the edexcel c3 paper yesterday:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2381562

contains both the original paper and the revised paper
Yes, agreed that you cannot expect every paper to be the same but it is not fair to set a significantly harder paper when compared to other years. This leaves so many of your future at stake (for goodness sake we have university conditions to meet) and the fact that the questions were tough kind of made me panic so I could not answer the questions as I would have if the questions were the typically Edexcel questions.

Yep, I bet most of the people complaining are those who just went and did all the past papers in preparation for the exam, which is a very good idea, but if you haven't noticed, they're becoming less and less similar, I tried preparing by the exam for my unit 4 in January (allbeit I hadn't revised enough) and I absolutely cocked it up, because it was nothing like the previous ones. Designed for those taking STEP? :rofl:Oh please...

I knew it was too good to be true! Dammit brain don't overcommit!

To the mystery negger, I'm sorry you don't agree with what we're saying, obviously you'll be worse off if in exam conditions because it's everything on the line, and it becomes easy to panick. It sucks if this may now affect your uni offer but negging us isn't going to raise your ums in C3. And in case you haven't noticed I've only got 3 gems so really what difference is it going to make :lol:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Anythingoo1
Yep, I bet most of the people complaining are those who just went and did all the past papers in preparation for the exam, which is a very good idea, but if you haven't noticed, they're becoming less and less similar, I tried preparing by the exam for my unit 4 in January (allbeit I hadn't revised enough) and I absolutely cocked it up, because it was nothing like the previous ones. Designed for those taking STEP? :rofl:Oh please...

I knew it was too good to be true! Dammit brain don't overcommit!

To the mystery negger, I'm sorry you don't agree with what we're saying, obviously you'll be worse off if in exam conditions because it's everything on the line, and it becomes easy to panick. It sucks if this may now affect your uni offer but negging us isn't going to raise your ums in C3. And in case you haven't noticed I've only got 3 gems so really what difference is it going to make :lol:

I agree. The exams have been becoming less and less similar over the recent years...if people are going to try and look for patterns, you would've thought they would've spotted this one and have taken the precaution of expecting a hard paper. :rolleyes: And clearly the words of someone who has never seen a STEP paper. :wink:

Ha, pos-repped to counter :wink: It can feel crushing that your uni place could've possibly been jeopardised because of this one exam but negging people who oppose your view is hardly going to change that. :lol: This paper should act as a salient reminder to expect the worst for C4...
Pft, like I even WANTED to go to Uni.

/sobbing.
Reply 3449
I agree. The exams have been becoming less and less similar over the recent years...if people are going to try and look for patterns, you would've thought they would've spotted this one and have taken the precaution of expecting a hard paper. :rolleyes: And clearly the words of someone who has never seen a STEP paper. :wink:

Ha, pos-repped to counter :wink: It can feel crushing that your uni place could've possibly been jeopardised because of this one exam but negging people who oppose your view is hardly going to change that. :lol: This paper should act as a salient reminder to expect the worst for C4...

You are 1 of many people on student room i have total respect for :biggrin:
Original post by ACBLISS
You are 1 of many people on student room i have total respect for :biggrin:

On one final note, some people seriously need a reality check and might want to watch this video...

[video="youtube;FkJLTGweKl0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkJLTGweKl0[/video]
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by lieseldante
Pft, like I even WANTED to go to Uni.

/sobbing.

Just focus on doing exceptionally well in C4 instead as nothing more can be done about this exam as its already passed, so just move on otherwise it'll affect your C4 mark.
Reply 3452
You say that we should have expected this? No this is what we should have expected https://www.dropbox.com/s/uoym41zn25ay77g/C3%20June%202013%20Original%20Paper.pdf
(The original paper)
Reply 3453

On one final note, some people seriously need a reality check and might want to watch this video...

[video="youtube;FkJLTGweKl0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkJLTGweKl0[/video]

I have to ask, are a female :redface:
Original post by ACBLISS
I have to ask, are a female :redface:

Yes, I'm just feisty :wink:

Spoiler

Reply 3455
Original post by MathsNerd1
Just focus on doing exceptionally well in C4 instead as nothing more can be done about this exam as its already passed, so just move on otherwise it'll affect your C4 mark.

I think i ggot 67-68 =_= i lost 4 marks because of stupid stupid mistakes -_-
I forgot to label the x=4 aysmptote, the log question, one of values was outside the range, the range question, i just put fx>0 -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and that gfx part :/ "sigh" DW i'll beat you in C4 and FP2!!!! :tongue:
Reply 3456
Yes, I'm just feisty :wink:

Spoiler

a girl who is actually a boy who is actually a girl but is actually a guy? :tongue:
Original post by ACBLISS
I think i ggot 67-68 =_= i lost 4 marks because of stupid stupid mistakes -_-
I forgot to label the x=4 aysmptote, the log question, one of values was outside the range, the range question, i just put fx>0 -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and that gfx part :/ "sigh" DW i'll beat you in C4 and FP2!!!! :tongue:

All we can do is learn from our mistakes and the thing for you to take away is to be more careful really :tongue: Also I'd like to see you try! I'm going to ace those exams as they're clearly super easy :wink:
Reply 3458
Original post by MathsNerd1
All we can do is learn from our mistakes and the thing for you to take away is to be more careful really :tongue: Also I'd like to see you try! I'm going to ace those exams as they're clearly super easy :wink:

Bring it on -_- :angry:!
Reply 3459

lolwut
:colonhash:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending