The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Implications Paper 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jackhayes74
This is the first exam period I've been on TSR, I only joined to get help from others for the exam today! And aw no! What exams are they?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aaah, yeah I was on here in January :L and biology and chemistry, ought to be interesting to say the least :L
Original post by Sherlockedd
Aaah, yeah I was on here in January :L and biology and chemistry, ought to be interesting to say the least :L

Oooh i only scraped As in them at GCSE so I don't know how you've managed to do them at a level!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm not gonna get penalised am I? And oooh i only scraped As in them at GCSE so I don't know how you've managed to do them at a level!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think you should because you edited your posts :smile: and I enjoy them ngl :L what have you applied for uni wise?
I don't think you should because you edited your posts :smile: and I enjoy them ngl :L what have you applied for uni wise?

You're an odd person if you like them in my opinion! ;p and I applied for business management at Newcastle uni and then Sheffield uni is my insurance, need AAB for Newcastle, ABB for Sheffield. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
This is true, the worst that could happen would be that it got removed from the discussion, I don't think I'd have been given a U! And you're an odd person if you like them in my opinion! ;p and I applied for business management at Newcastle uni and then Sheffield uni is my insurance, need AAB for Newcastle, ABB for Sheffield. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aaah, sounds...mathsy :L. Medicine at Leicester for me (if I get my A's ...) with Keele as my reserve (A*AB)
Aaah, sounds...mathsy :L. Medicine at Leicester for me (if I get my A's ...) with Keele as my reserve (A*AB)

Nahhh it's kinda like RS; analysing things, learning theories, writing essays etc etc! And oooh very nice! You must be a genius then aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nahhh it's kinda like RS; analysing things, learning theories, writing essays etc etc! And oooh very nice! You must be a genius then aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooh I see. And not a genius, but hopefully good enough to get dem A's :L and I am so glad I can just forget about RS now
Oooh I see. And not a genius, but hopefully good enough to get dem A's :L and I am so glad I can just forget about RS now

Same here, no longer have to contemplate any philosophers views or arguments for the existence of God or anything!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
It's gotta be Wepshall I love him!
Same here, no longer have to contemplate any philosophers views or arguments for the existence of God or anything!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly, everyone can just chill with their opinions and all is good :L
Reply 70
Exactly, everyone can just chill with their opinions and all is good :L

How did you guySs find the implication exam ? I hoped it was Ayer but I didn't like the paragraph
Reply 71
I forgot to indicate which part of my essay was a) and b) in my exam 😭😭😭😭😭😭😰πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜©πŸ˜©πŸ˜©πŸ˜’πŸ‘ΊπŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–

Will I get marked down?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moko
How did you guySs find the implication exam ? I hoped it was Ayer but I didn't like the paragraph

Well considering we can know talk about it;

I loved that it was Ayer and loved it even more that it was the first paragraph! It enabled the whole argument to be discussed as well as putting emphasis on the design qua regularity in the paragraph presented. Managed to link in Falsification, Dawkins to support it and Language Games to criticise it! The only bad point was I spent too much time on part A because I had so much to write cos I knew the whole argument so I only had 15-20 mins for part B so it was kinda rushed but I criticised the verification principle, using Ward and Hick, then criticised Ayer's points about intuition by using Owen from Donovan and Schleiermacher from Westphal, then used Aquinas' analogies to criticise it further, then analysed the strengths of it and how I agree that we can't take God existing without some solid proof but sai to disregard all statements as meaningless would be wrong. Then did a mini conclusion stating that I didn't agree with the ideas etc
Moved onto the religious and human experience implications by saying that if Ayer was accepted then religious sacraments such as marriage and baptism would be considered meaningless and that the whole idea of religion should be abolished which causes human experience implications as people seek refuge in religion. Then said that if religious sacraments were meaningless then human experiences such as love would be meaningless as we can't verify it and love historically leads to marriage and reproduction so all of these would be meaningless as you can't verify 'love' which undermines the whole nature of human existence in evolutionary terms because we were designed to reproduce etc. Then came to an overall conclusion that I didn't agree with all of it and justified my view.

Hopefully will be enough to get my B I need to get an A! How did everyone else find it??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
Original post by ssunshine
I forgot to indicate which part of my essay was a) and b) in my exam 😭😭😭😭😭😭😰πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜©πŸ˜©πŸ˜©πŸ˜’πŸ‘ΊπŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–

Will I get marked down?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I highly doubt it. Several people at my college did parts a and b all mixed in together as one big essay, we've looked at examples of papers that have been bought back from previous years where they also did this, so I can't imagine it would be a problem
Original post by moko

I thought I'd done quite well, but reading comments I'm like... oops. I did talk about design and I'm super glad it was the Ayer intro, I loooooved it. It was one of my predictions so I'd looked at it the morning of the exam :biggrin: hopefully I can gets dat A
I thought I'd done quite well, but reading comments I'm like... oops. I did talk about design and I'm super glad it was the Ayer intro, I loooooved it. It was one of my predictions so I'd looked at it the morning of the exam :biggrin: hopefully I can gets dat A

Tbf due to the vague question of clarify the argument in the passage you can approach the question is so many different ways but as long as you can name drop and give the impression that you understand the argument you're set to get a good mark! I regret spending so much time on Donovan and Westphal yesterday morning aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbf due to the vague question of clarify the argument in the passage you can approach the question is so many different ways but as long as you can name drop and give the impression that you understand the argument you're set to get a good mark! I regret spending so much time on Donovan and Westphal yesterday morning aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I spent quite a bit of time on Westphal and Ayer, mostly Ayer :wink:
I spent quite a bit of time on Westphal and Ayer, mostly Ayer :wink:

I just had a bad feeling it might have been Donovan or Westphal so I woke up at 9 and did 9-12:30 on Donovan and Westphal then looked over Ayer again, tbh it was kinda beneficial as I managed to link all 3 texts together so hopefully that'll get me some credit

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just had a bad feeling it might have been Donovan or Westphal so I woke up at 9 and did 9-12:30 on Donovan and Westphal then looked over Ayer again, tbh it was kinda beneficial as I managed to link all 3 texts together so hopefully that'll get me some credit

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I brought a lot of Westphal into mine :L but so long as it's all relevant you're fine :smile:
Reply 79
Original post by ssunshine

Will I get marked down?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nor did I. It's no issue

Quick Reply

Latest