The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Physics P4P5P6 - 18/06/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Red Fox
I got 34 in chem coursework and 137 in the first exam and I'm quietly confident that I have an A* overall.

I got 136. Hopefully we can do it!
Original post by andersson
I got 136. Hopefully we can do it!

For chem? You asked if I was advanced... I got 129/140 :mmm:
Reply 162
Original post by L'Evil Fish
For chem? You asked if I was advanced... I got 129/140 :mmm:

Uh, when did I ask if you were advanced? :tongue:

Do you think you've got an A* overall? Because I remember your coursework being A*.
Uh, when did I ask if you were advanced? :tongue:

Do you think you've got an A* overall? Because I remember your coursework being A*.

You did when I explained something :lol: someone definitely did...

I think so, if my coursework stayed at 100 UMS, then I'd only have needed 131/160, and I'm pretty sure I got 75+ ish but.you never know, it could be totally wrong
Reply 164
You did when I explained something :lol: someone definitely did...

I think so, if my coursework stayed at 100 UMS, then I'd only have needed 131/160, and I'm pretty sure I got 75+ ish but.you never know, it could be totally wrong

I remember someone saying that, it wasn't me. :tongue:

Yeah it should be a bit easier for you because you have low A* in the 1st exam but high A* in coursework... I have high A* in the first exam but a B in coursework. -.-
Reply 165

Yeah it should be a bit easier for you because you have low A* in the 1st exam but high A* in coursework... I have high A* in the first exam but a B in coursework. -.-

I got all A*s in exams then got 34, 37 and 38 for coursework. I hate it.
I got a low B too (33). Do you think it's possible for us to get an A* still, if we got good grades in the exams?:confused:

Yeah, we can sill get a*s overall :wink:
What did you get in last year's c123 exam? :smile:

Edit: just saw you got 136/140 so in this exam you can only lose 6 UMS marks (assuming you got 70/100 UMS in your coursework)...I can lose a maximum of 10 UMS in this exam for an A* :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 167
Original post by Red Fox
I got all A*s in exams then got 34, 37 and 38 for coursework. I hate it.

Yeah and the chemistry one was especially bad in my opinion. I hope they don't bring down our grades :redface:

Original post by BP_Tranquility
Yeah, we can sill get a*s overall :wink:
What did you get in last year's c123 exam? :smile:

Edit: just saw you got 136/140 so in this exam you can only lose 6 UMS marks (assuming you got 70/100 UMS in your coursework)...I can lose a maximum of 10 UMS in this exam for an A* :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn, that's definitely achievable but wouldn't that be around a mid-A*? I know that the closer you get to full raw marks, the fewer UMS score each mark is worth.

You're all the same to me :tongue:

Aah unlucky, I'd rather be in my position (if I'm in such a position)
Reply 169
I think im one f the lucky few here.... my teachers compare me to the crap of the class im in :colondollar:
so my CA grades are above average ..but still TSR standard :biggrin:

Bio and physics : 47
Chem : 444

hopefully have an A* on Bio and CHem now...physics it is then ....

anyone doing P4/P5 now ?
ryan
Reply 170
You're all the same to me :tongue:

Aah unlucky, I'd rather be in my position (if I'm in such a position)

Me too, but it's debatable that the exam is worth 35% so it's better to do well in that than in the 25% coursework, so that evens us out a bit (though you're still in a better position) :lol:
Reply 171
Original post by Red Fox
Could someone with the CGP revision guide explain what it means on page 107 when it says "Relatively low resistance, so very small voltage drop". It's in the green box next to the thermistor diagram.
Original post by ryanb97
-

-

-

Anyone?
Reply 172
Original post by ryanb97
anyone doing P4/P5 now ?
ryan

I'm working through the P4 question book (CGP) :colondollar:
Yeah and the chemistry one was especially bad in my opinion. I hope they don't bring down our grades :redface:

Damn, that's definitely achievable but wouldn't that be around a mid-A*? I know that the closer you get to full raw marks, the fewer UMS score each mark is worth.

Yes, that would be around a mid A*. :smile:

I thought the closer you get to fill raw marks, the more UMS points they're worth? Because a mark in the A* grade boundary would be worth more than a C mark, wouldn't it? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 174
I'm working through the P4 question book (CGP) :colondollar:

i havent done anything....well i started about 30 mins ago...want to go on skype/hangouts?

or make a new chatroom....there seems to be less people around....

Spoiler

Reply 175
Original post by BP_Tranquility
Yes, that would be around a mid A*. :smile:

I thought the closer you get to fill raw marks, the more UMS points they're worth? Because a mark in the A* grade boundary would be worth more than a C mark, wouldn't it? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is a mid A* roughly 60-65 raw marks would you say?

I'd think that too, but it's not the case (usually). Well that's how they do it with AQA so it's probably the same for OCR. :tongue:
Me too, but it's debatable that the exam is worth 35% so it's better to do well in that than in the 25% coursework, so that evens us out a bit (though you're still in a better position) :lol:

Yeah, but you have 7 UMS leeway. I'd have about 20+ leeway :tongue:
Reply 177
Original post by ryanb97
i havent done anything....well i started about 30 mins ago...want to go on skype/hangouts?

or make a new chatroom....there seems to be less people around....

Spoiler

Okay make a chatroom thing.

I regret opening that spoiler, those emoticons make me cringe :biggrin:
Reply 178
Yeah, but you have 7 UMS leeway. I'd have about 20+ leeway :tongue:

Don't rub it in :frown:
Don't rub it in :frown:

Sorry, the "low A*" made me want to :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest