The Student Room Group

AQA PSYA3/PSYA4 Psychology Revision Thread 10th/17th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
does anyone know whether we have to know validating new knowledge for research methods?
Original post by spanishovenfork
Cheers mate. Which therapies are likely to appear - Biological or psychological? Any other predictions on questions for Addiction? Cheers

I think psychological therapies and erm for the model question in addiction maybe the biological model and maybe public health too? :smile:
No problem ^_^
Original post by fhs2013
really scared for this exam i feel like i know nothing in research methods or addictions :'((((((

Same, they're my weakest points D: Depression is slightly easier!
What do people think will come up for schizophrenia? Anyone know what came up in January?
Reply 544
Original post by matty_coops
What do people think will come up for schizophrenia? Anyone know what came up in January?

Both bio and psycho therapies came up :smile: personally i think psychological explanations or maybe biological
Original post by Lalison94
Both bio and psycho therapies came up :smile: personally i think psychological explanations or maybe biological

Thanks! I wouldn't mind biological or psychological explanations being the question. Or classification of schizo. Don't mean to be a pain but do you know what came up for media in the January paper?:smile:
Reply 546
Thanks! I wouldn't mind biological or psychological explanations being the question. Or classification of schizo. Don't mean to be a pain but do you know what came up for media in the January paper?:smile:

Same here! The explanantions seem the easiest to answer and remember really :smile:
I'm really sorry but i don't know :/, i do anomalistic instead you see.
Reply 547
Hey guys :smile: On the other thread for this exam I have posted some media and schizophrenia essays I have done in the past for anyone to have a look at.
Original post by eelnais
Hey guys :smile: On the other thread for this exam I have posted some media and schizophrenia essays I have done in the past for anyone to have a look at.

What is the link for that thread? :smile: Or could you put them on this thread?:smile:
Hey, would anyone be able to tell me exactly what we need to know for research methods? I'm a bit confused!
Reply 550
Original post by thebreakfastclub
Hey, would anyone be able to tell me exactly what we need to know for research methods? I'm a bit confused!

see page 14: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-2180-W-SP-12.PDF
Reply 551
who thinks aqa would have the same essay question three times in a row for schizophrenia? :s-smilie: i dont know whether i should bother remembering studies and evaluation for it :s-smilie:
hey what are peoples predictions for schizophrenia and anomalistic?
Reply 553
What is the link for that thread? :smile: Or could you put them on this thread?:smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2149985&page=247&p=43163201#post43163201 :smile:
Hi has anyone got any predictions as to what essay will come up for schizophrenia?! Absolutely bricking it for this exam!!! :smile:
Reply 555
Any predictions for

Phobic disorders
Addiction

Many thanks
Predictions for Media
Discuss one or more explanations of media influence on anti-social behaviour
For the middle question on the effectiveness of television in persuasion or video games
then Discuss one or more social psychological explanations of the attraction of celebrity ?

What do you guys think? what other predictions have people got?
Hi, i self teach psychology as well as my other 3 a levels.
i haven't finished learning the schizophrenia topic and running out of time.
if any body has any essay examples for biological and psychological treatments of schizophrenia, i would be very grateful!!!

thank you x
can anyone help please i really would like to know any predictions for anomalistic psychology??? i am guessing schizophrenia is going to be on psychological explanation what do people think?

Would really apreciate any suggestions
Reply 559
Original post by kristy-jade
can anyone help please i really would like to know any predictions for anomalistic psychology??? i am guessing schizophrenia is going to be on psychological explanation what do people think?

Would really apreciate any suggestions

I've noticed that they ask questions on explanations (coincidence/probability/superstition/magical thinking/personality) EVERY year, sometimes more than once. But haven't asked about the study of anomalous experience(ganzfeld/pk/pseudoscience) or research in to exceptional experience (NDE/OOBE/psychicmediumship/healing) as much...
They haven't asked any questions on psychic healing specifically or near death experience alone yet so that is definitely a possibility. Anomalistic is so difficult to guess for... they seem to throw in quite a few questions which can be beneficial for those of us that are doing it. I know I'm babbling on so I'll stop lol hope this has been even a little helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending