The Student Room Group

Edexcel: 11th and 14th June 2013 (Linear) 1MA0/1H + 2H (Official Thread)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
How long do we think it will be till a solutions PDF is released/made by someone?
Reply 601
Original post by cmorga1
How long do we think it will be till a solutions PDF is released/made by someone?

Here are the answers: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2381568

Not sure when they're releasing a PDF though. This site is likely to upload them: http://www.edexcelmathspapers.tk/
Reply 602
I got around 123-129 marks, if I have added up my marks for both papers correctly.

Will this be enough to get a B?
Original post by amyyalice
I got around 123-129 marks, if I have added up my marks for both papers correctly.

Will this be enough to get a B?

More than enough , I think it could even be an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got about 185 combined. Anyone think that'll definitely be an A*. Really worried about the grade boundaries because the second paper was just pathetic
Original post by Tinkletea
I got about 185 combined. Anyone think that'll definitely be an A*. Really worried about the grade boundaries because the second paper was just pathetic

Definitely. An A* will probably be around 160 marks.
Original post by OliW
Definitely. An A* will probably be around 160 marks.

Exactly, most of the students in my school found paper 2 harder than paper 1, everyone has mixed views and both papers were difficult than the march 2013 ones. Therefore I would be surprised if the grade boundaries are above 165 for an A*. It should be 159-162
what will the A boundary be?
Reply 608
Think I got anywhere between 130-139. What do you guys think the grade boundary will be? Who normally gets the predictions right?
hello mate!!!!! yeah I think that will do justice! i got around 140-145 ish -_-.

I think the boundaries will be: 164 A* and 132 A

(at max....)
Original post by Captain Anonymous
what will the A boundary be?

Don't know, probably very similar to March I suspect.

Btw, your inbox is full so I couldnt inbox you back :redface:
edexcel are consistent with june boundaries, normally in the 160's for an A* and 120's for an A...
I think I got around 140-145, enough for an A? Need some reassurance haha..
Reply 613
Original post by TheSmartOne
I think I got around 140-145, enough for an A? Need some reassurance haha..

Yup, you will be comfortably in the A boundary, reckon the boundary for an A will be 128-134 maximum.
Yeah I got round there somewhere as well, yeah it is! The highest an A boundary has been was in march at 136. Our paper was much harder, they had two easy papers we had one hard and one easy so the boundary will be like 132 for an A for ours I think. Although, this said edexcel are consistent with grade boundaries for June exams (maths) they are always like in the 120's for an A and 160's for an A* and all the clever lot would've done early entry in like March hence the high boundary I think..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 615
Hopefully your right about the consistently and an A being in the 120s, since I think I got 127-134. I personally found paper 1 pleasant and paper 2 quite difficult.
It's normally like that our exam was generally one of the hardest of the few years...

Posted from TSR Mobile
For instance, if you look at the June 2012 paper, it was 164 A* and 128 A and that paper was easy...

Posted from TSR Mobile
So sensible ones will be around 126-132 for an A and 164-168 for an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 619
Was this your first attempt at the exam? I had done it first in march only achieving a B.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending