The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

^ i can sense the excitement in this one hahaha
Original post by ZRO
Brah I saw you were banned. I know them feels was banned too. Apparently there's a meet that's happening in August

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it's 13th July, :smile:
Reply 5502
Original post by This Excellency
I'm back now.

Are you guys gonna gave a meet or summin? ><

Fill me in brahs and shises.

Jesus Christ of Nazareth! What brings you here or great leader? :adore:

Erm, meet? What meet? There is no meet happening on the 13th of July in London with the specific location yet to have been decided :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
morning :ahee:

I love how she says, "I am not a mathematician myself", implying she doesn't do maths, followed by "but after thorough inspection of various leaked questions, I found it complex and a mind ****." Of couse she found it 'complex' - she doesn't do maths. :lol:

Why was it mean? I did the exam and I didn't realise that the paper different to others we'd done until I went on twitter :dontknow: At least grade boundaries will be low to compensate.

:mmm:

glad that you found it alright :h:i just didnt like how some of the questions were set out and how the last one was worded i really didnt like it. besides i lost all hope by the time i got to the last question oh well
^ Is talking about C3? If so, was it as hard as they made it out to be in the media?
^ no it wasn't :redface: the style of questions was a bit different, and the last question. They put in useless context.

Overall it was a decent paper, but the boundaries are gonna be so low now :dontknow:

Like 67 maybe for 100 UMS.
52 for an A...
^ That reminds me of the C2 paper this year. Everything was a twist on the normal questions, whilst a lot of them were doable, some simply had never come up and confused a lot of people. :sadnod:
Wow, for a Maths paper 52 is seriously low! :eek:
^ one question was:

If sin(x+40) = 2 cos(x+50)

Show that tan(x something) = 1/3tan(40)

Or something
^^It's happening more and more often, quite a few of the papers I sat last year had "new" content and types of questions, you look back at the past papers and all the questions are of the same type but now they're changing :/
I just didn't like the paper I am not saying there was new content or mechanics involved the questions were awkward and it would have taken me more than 1 and half hours to solve that paper. May be 20 minutes on just staring at each question and getting my head around it :mmm:

It's because they want to change things around and stuff so that's why they are doing it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Epi :h:

You are coming to this meet right? :smile:

EDIT: teh fudge? I clicked quote but it didn't quote :unsure:
(edited 10 years ago)
I suppose they have to keep refreshing the questions, but the way some of them are done...
I thought they were meant to test the questions with teachers (retired or something) first to see if they approve? :erm:
Original post by Converse girl

:mmm:

glad that you found it alright i just didnt like
how some of the questions were set out and how
the last one was worded i really didnt like it.
besides i lost all hope by the time i got to the last
question oh well

I'm sure a lot of people did better than they think.

Have you seen the original paper that we would have sat? It's got similar wording so I guess Edexcel plan on approaching core maths in a different way now. Just imagine what it's gonna be like next year - no Jan exams :eek:

Original post by L'Evil Fish
^ no it wasn't
the style of questions was a bit different, and the
last question. They put in useless context.

Overall it was a decent paper, but the boundaries
are gonna be so low now :dontknow:

Like 67 maybe for 100 UMS.
52 for an A...

The last question looked like a mechanics question but that was the point, it was suppose to throw people off :tongue:

I figured I lost about 10marks so let's hope the 100UMS boundary's just a little lower :wink: Of course, I'm being unrealistic.
I'm sure a lot of people did better than they think.

Have you seen the original paper that we would have sat? It's got similar wording so I guess Edexcel plan on approaching core maths in a different way now. Just imagine what it's gonna be like next year - no Jan exams :eek:

The last question looked like a mechanics question but that was the point, it was suppose to throw people off :tongue:

I figured I lost about 10marks so let's hope the 100UMS boundary's just a little lower :wink: Of course, I'm being unrealistic.

In my A2 AQA unit 5 we had a relativity question disguised as mechanics... I think something like half of candidates answered it incorrectly... (even though it was in the turning points option paper!)
Original post by natninja
In my A2 AQA unit 5 we had a relativity question disguised as mechanics... I think something like half of candidates answered it incorrectly... (even though it was in the turning points option paper!)

Dem 2 faced questions :mmm: You rimmed it in the back? :sexface:
Dem 2 faced questions :mmm: You rimmed it in the back? :sexface:

It was a walk in the park :P
I'm back now.

Are you guys gonna gave a meet or summin? ><

Fill me in brahs and shises.

July 13 describe meet up.
Original post by boumavilla
Nice one. :mmm:

Seeing how much hate.I can,ger from people saying I've no life then bam!

Latest