The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1340
Original post by cheetahs56
I'm sure you will... And same here!!:tongue: Reckon I got 70-85, what grade do you reckon it will be and predictions of grade boundaries?:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I need 129 UMS to get an A overall! I think I got about 70ish to! That's defo a high B, potentially an A! Hopefully we'll get it

EVERYONE in my school hated the paper, in fact everyone I know in real life did haha, so I don't think boundaries will be really high but they won't be low either...about 75ish for an A? (120 UMS) and 60ish for a C...

To be honest, I don't really know how similar this paper is compared to the past so this is just a rough guess:P My friends were telling me how they had to hold back the laughter because the 'know it alls' were sitting there confused whilst I was just scribbling away! Then again my school has pretty stupid people :lol:
Reply 1341
Original post by tigerz
Yeah, I need 129 UMS to get an A overall! I think I got about 70ish to! That's defo a high B, potentially an A! Hopefully we'll get it

EVERYONE in my school hated the paper, in fact everyone I know in real life did haha, so I don't think boundaries will be really high but they won't be low either...about 75ish for an A? (120 UMS) and 60ish for a C...

To be honest, I don't really know how similar this paper is compared to the past so this is just a rough guess:P My friends were telling me how they had to hold back the laughter because the 'know it alls' were sitting there confused whilst I was just scribbling away! Then again my school has pretty stupid people :lol:

Lool same, a lot of people found it diifficult at mine as well! I think i need about 125 UMS for an A overall, cos in F331 I got an A (74 UMS), but in F333 got 47/60 (which UMS to about 4-5 UMS off an A):angry: How did you do in Coursework and F331?:smile:

Also grade boundaries I predict:
A-75
B-67
C-60
D-52
E-42

Not sure how accurate that will be though:colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1342
Lool same, a lot of people found it diifficult at mine as well! I think i need about 125 UMS for an A overall, cos in F331 I got an A (74 UMS), but in F333 got 47/60 (which UMS to about 4-5 UMS off an A):angry: How did you do in Coursework and F331?:smile:

Also grade boundaries I predict:
A-75
B-67
C-60
D-52
E-42

Not sure how accurate that will be though:colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh I see, In f331 I got a C in Jan (61 UMS) but in the coursework I got around 50, this gives a total of 111 UMS. 240 UMS is an A which is why I need 129! I think you only need 119 UMS for an A overall :smile:
Oh wow our boundary predictions are similar :P Yeah same, I can never really tell with chemistry! Maths and Economics are easier to predict!
Reply 1343
Original post by tigerz
Ahh I see, In f331 I got a C in Jan (61 UMS) but in the coursework I got around 50, this gives a total of 111 UMS. 240 UMS is an A which is why I need 129! I think you only need 119 UMS for an A overall :smile:
Oh wow our boundary predictions are similar :P Yeah same, I can never really tell with chemistry! Maths and Economics are easier to predict!

Yeah it is really hard to tell, especially the way salters examiners mark things:rolleyes: Just such a nervewracking wait!!!:dontknow:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1344
Yeah it is really hard to tell, especially the way salters examiners mark things:rolleyes: Just such a nervewracking wait!!!:dontknow:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Trust, adding two letters can make you lose a mark -.-
Hope I get a kind examiner :P

ARGHHH WE HAVE TWO MONTHS!
Reply 1345
Original post by tigerz
Trust, adding two letters can make you lose a mark -.-
Hope I get a kind examiner :P

ARGHHH WE HAVE TWO MONTHS!

I know, and i don't think there is any such thing as a kind Salters examiner:wink:

I'm scared for results:eek: What other subjects do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1346
I know, and i don't think there is any such thing as a kind Salters examiner:wink:

I'm scared for results:eek: What other subjects do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

True, in fact it doesn't matter whether the examiner is kind or not, the MARK SCHEME is evil!
I do Maths, economics and psychology although I'ma drop psychology because I dislike it :wink: Its a shame I have to do it for another 5 weeks -.-

What subjects do you do? Yeah if I disappear for a while in August, you'll know why!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1347
Original post by tigerz
True, in fact it doesn't matter whether the examiner is kind or not, the MARK SCHEME is evil!
I do Maths, economics and psychology although I'ma drop psychology because I dislike it :wink: Its a shame I have to do it for another 5 weeks -.-

What subjects do you do? Yeah if I disappear for a while in August, you'll know why!

Haha, so will i make a quick escape:tongue:

I do Maths, Biology and English as well:eek: Dropping either Maths or English, depends on results:colondollar:

And don't even get me started on Salters markschemes.....:mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1348
Haha, so will i make a quick escape:tongue:

I do Maths, Biology and English as well:eek: Dropping either Maths or English, depends on results:colondollar:

And don't even get me started on Salters markschemes.....:mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yup, let my parents take their anger out on the garden or something and return a month later :lol:
Ahh, I was gonna drop either chem or psy but A2 chem doesn't look as bad as A2 psy, hate it >.<

urghgghhghggh if I was to drop chem that would be the ONLY reason :mad:

Edit: I love how us two are just having a conversation on here :lol:
Reply 1349
Original post by tigerz
Haha yup, let my parents take their anger out on the garden or something and return a month later :lol:
Ahh, I was gonna drop either chem or psy but A2 chem doesn't look as bad as A2 psy, hate it >.<

urghgghhghggh if I was to drop chem that would be the ONLY reason :mad:

Edit: I love how us two are just having a conversation on here :lol:

Hahaha, may as well I have nothing better to do :laugh:

I have to take Biology and Chemistry for A2, want to do Dentistry you see:biggrin: How about yourself in terms of the degree you wanna study?:smile: Was actually thinking of Physcology, dropped it before school for Physics, then dropped that for History. A week in I dropped that for English:tongue: :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1350
Hahaha, may as well I have nothing better to do :laugh:

I have to take Biology and Chemistry for A2, want to do Dentistry you see:biggrin: How about yourself in terms of the degree you wanna study?:smile: Was actually thinking of Physcology, dropped it before school for Physics, then dropped that for History. A week in I dropped that for English:tongue: :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOOL lovely dropping of subject :P Our school wouldn't let us do that more than once >.< I like psychology as in the subject, hate the exam + revision!
Ahh I need maths and economics is helpful that's about it! Ohh a dentist I see one of my friends is really worried because she did bad in this exam and wants to be a dentist!
I'm going into Maths+economics/ Actuarial science :smile:
Reply 1351
Original post by tigerz
LOOL lovely dropping of subject :P Our school wouldn't let us do that more than once >.< I like psychology as in the subject, hate the exam + revision!
Ahh I need maths and economics is helpful that's about it! Ohh a dentist I see one of my friends is really worried because she did bad in this exam and wants to be a dentist!
I'm going into Maths+economics/ Actuarial science :smile:

Nice, was consideriing accounting for a while myself before deciding on a medical degree:wink: I was so indecisive :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1352
Nice, was consideriing accounting for a while myself before deciding on a medical degree:wink: I was so indecisive :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah same,i've only decided on this recently after lots of wondering haha
Good luck with the dentistry :smile: you'll be fine!
Reply 1353
Original post by tigerz
Yeah same,i've only decided on this recently after lots of wondering haha
Good luck with the dentistry :smile: you'll be fine!

Thank you! You too with actuary, there is a lot of money in that field which i'm sure you know:tongue::ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1354
Thank you! You too with actuary, there is a lot of money in that field which i'm sure you know:tongue::ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank youuu :') Yup, one of the reasons i'm doing it! Tired of being broke haha
You can be my salters B chem buddy :woo:
Reply 1355
Original post by tigerz
Thank youuu :') Yup, one of the reasons i'm doing it! Tired of being broke haha
You can be my salters B chem buddy :woo:

One of my reasons for Dentistry:ninja: And yay!:biggrin: Although it's not something you would really boast about to your friends:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1356
One of my reasons for Dentistry:ninja: And yay!:biggrin: Although it's not something you would really boast about to your friends:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yuup!
and shh...:ninjagirl:

Spoiler

Reply 1357
Original post by tigerz
Haha yuup!
and shh...:ninjagirl:

Spoiler

Ok:ninja::smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do any of you guys think If I put primary alcohol, then described the changes correctly of a primary, would I get ecf mark ?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1359
Original post by User32432432
Do any of you guys think If I put primary alcohol, then described the changes correctly of a primary, would I get ecf mark ?

Hmmmm, don't think so as it was only 3-4 marks in total. Doesn't matter anyway, <75 should be comfortable A so you can afford to drop marks:smile:

P.S can someone ost grade boundary predictions poll?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending