The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3,C4 June 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Myocardium
Guys I have a problem with my calculator (a normal everyday casio fx-85gt plus). I managed to press a couple of buttons all at once and I don't know what I've done but it's now come up as having TRUE/FALSE at the bottom of the screen. How do I bring it back to normal (and what would I press to bring up this function again (that I never knew existed)). :colondollar::colondollar::colondollar:

SHIFT 9 then 3 then = then AC

clears everything!
Reply 3601
Hey does any one know what shape areas you need to know for c4. will be eternally grateful!!
Original post by tanno1992
SHIFT 9 then 3 then = then AC

clears everything!

Thanks - I know what I did now :P
Original post by 06spam
Hey does any one know what shape areas you need to know for c4. will be eternally grateful!!

if you mean formulae then
rectangle, triangle, trapezium, rhombus, parallelogram, kite, surface area cylinder and any others not in the formulae book.
the specification usually lists assumed knowledge
Original post by Myocardium
Thanks - I know what I did now :P

I got pretty excited when I found this clear function as well. little things huh
Reply 3605
has the c3 exam gone?
Guys, I kno this isn't a good time to talk about C3, but after I read Arsey's answers. I feel so upset about myself. I don't think I would even get a B for this exam. Is there anyone feeling the same thing too? I am just about to burst into tear!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3607
Original post by Scorcher
Use the identity cos(a) - cos(b) = -2sin(A+B/2)sin(A-B/2)

That's A+B all over 2 and A-B all over 2 btw.

Original post by destinyx
Do cos(3x-2x) - cos(3x-2x) ie. (cox3xcos2x + sin3xsin2x) - (cos3xcos2x - sin3xsin2x) and work it out from there. There are similar questions to this in one of the exercises in the C4 text book. :smile: I just did this paper the other day so happened to have my method close by. :smile:

Thanks guys! That'll explain why I couldn't figure it out, we never covered the factor formulae in C3. My C3 teacher wasn't the best :unimpressed:
Looks like I'll need to go back to the textbook and practise!
Original post by 06spam

square, oblong, trapezium, triangle, parallelogram, circle

I guess that's it.
Reply 3609
40/75 marks on the c3 paper would be what ums?
Original post by MasterYi
I was trying to say wrong thread.

Here's a physics thread which maybe able to help.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2244676

Haa I'm going crazy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3611
can someone explain the how the 3rd line gets to the 4th in this mark a scheme? Q5 b)

thanks
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371308107.476283.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by task
can someone explain the how the 3rd line gets to the 4th in this mark a scheme? Q5 b)

thanks
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371308107.476283.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

x2=12(y6)2\dfrac{x}{2} = 1 - 2 \left( \dfrac{y}{6} \right)^2

x2=12(y262)\dfrac{x}{2} = 1 - 2 \left( \dfrac{y^2}{6^2} \right)

y218=1x2\dfrac{y^2}{18} = 1 - \dfrac{x}{2}

y2=189xy^2 = 18 -9x

y=189xy = \sqrt{18-9x}
Will I get marked down for using modulus signs instead of brackets when I'm integrating? (With ln functions)

The mark scheme uses brackets and I used modulus signs, does it make a massive difference?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by May-o2q
Guys, I kno this isn't a good time to talk about C3, but after I read Arsey's answers. I feel so upset about myself. I don't think I would even get a B for this exam. Is there anyone feeling the same thing too? I am just about to burst into tear!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel that way too :frown: I cried after reading his answers :L I need an a to get into uni but after that paper i don't see how I can :'(
Reply 3615
Original post by justinawe
x2=12(y6)2\dfrac{x}{2} = 1 - 2 \left( \dfrac{y}{6} \right)^2

x2=12(y262)\dfrac{x}{2} = 1 - 2 \left( \dfrac{y^2}{6^2} \right)

y218=1x2\dfrac{y^2}{18} = 1 - \dfrac{x}{2}

y2=189xy^2 = 18 -9x

y=189xy = \sqrt{18-9x}

thank you!
Reply 3616
Hey guys are there any other papers other than solomon and elmwood for maths? If there is then can u please give me the link? Thanks!
Original post by AS01
Hey guys are there any
other papers other than solomon and elmwood for
maths? If there is then can u please give me the
link? Thanks!

Try AEA? It has C1-C4 content on it.
Reply 3618
Lets get it poppin with c4 today!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3619
Original post by This Excellency
Try AEA? It has C1-C4 content on it.