The Student Room Group

Betting Discussion (Mark II)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nightowk
Wow that really sounds fooked man. Shards of glass behind the eye...sounds fkin painful! Are you pain free now? Except the eye problem you still have? I have got floaters in my eye as a result of the accident, but theyre not painful, i just see black streaks in my vision.

Well I've definitely learned from my mistake. It's funny I always used to critisice my dad for driving too slowly...and now he doesn't say anything but always get a smirk when hes driving at 60-65 on the left all the way to London and I can't say a word.

I'd say the weirdest part for me is that recently I was playing a game with a vehicle and it flipped over and its like my mind went spinning for like a second just like it was in the accident. I guess I'm so afraid of doing that again, my brain has that memory cemented and it just recalls that moment. Scariest few seconds of my life for sure(not the game lol)

Definitely weird lol.

What is pain?

Haha but no it doesn't cause me pain anymore. My shoulder/chest hurts if I sleep at a funny angle or whatever.

It's annoying though, I can never be really muscley or anything because I can't work that side. I got to a point where I was curling like 20kg with my right arm, but the left arm I couldn't even get up to 10kg or something embarrassing. But I'm not really that bothered about that anyways so it's all cool.

My eye has just started watering ffs. I have to try not to itch it otherwise it goes dead sore.
That's the Stan James account I opened 10 days ago been closed. I don't really get why they offer some of the prices they do.

What's the point if they just ban people who take them?
Original post by pane123
That's the Stan James account I opened 10 days ago been closed. I don't really get why they offer some of the prices they do.

What's the point if they just ban people who take them?

Because they only want your business if you don't know what you're doing.
Working on my car today, and I don't have time to study this or make any informative picks. So I've gone with an 'at a glance' Lucky 15 and Acca. My mate owed me a tenner, so I've used that, cheeky.

14:55 Sandown - Lady Ibrox @ 21.00
15:15 York - Baltic Knight @ 4.50
15:30 Sandown - Rocket Rob @ 6.50
16:05 Sandown - Shadahroba @ 19.00

That's the L15, ambitious I know.

6fold

2:25 Mussleburgh - Lexington Rose
3:15 York - Baltic Knight
3:40 Bath - Highlife Dancer
4:10 Mussleburgh - Set The Trend
4:50 York - Edge
5:10 Mussleburgh - Size

Of course I wouldn't advise these ridiculous wagers, but I'll only have spent the tenner on fast food and cigarettes anyway.
Original post by sebotobes
Working on my car today, and I don't have time to study this or make any informative picks. So I've gone with an 'at a glance' Lucky 15 and Acca. My mate owed me a tenner, so I've used that, cheeky.

14:55 Sandown - Lady Ibrox @ 21.00
15:15 York - Baltic Knight @ 4.50
15:30 Sandown - Rocket Rob @ 6.50
16:05 Sandown - Shadahroba @ 19.00

That's the L15, ambitious I know.

6fold

2:25 Mussleburgh - Lexington Rose
3:15 York - Baltic Knight
3:40 Bath - Highlife Dancer
4:10 Mussleburgh - Set The Trend
4:50 York - Edge
5:10 Mussleburgh - Size

Of course I wouldn't advise these ridiculous wagers, but I'll only have spent the tenner on fast food and cigarettes anyway.

That Stan James account being closed has thrown me and I've probably taken some horses at prices I shouldn't have.

Going to have to get a new account there, as well as at Coral and Betfred. I could maybe deal without 1 of them, but losing all 3 will make me miss out on too many prices.
I won't write the full list down, as I think I'm starting to clog up the forum up a bit, but here are some picks for today:

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
I won't write the full list down, as I think I'm starting to clog up the forum up a bit, but here are some picks for today:

Salutation
Sandreamer
Dominate
Rocket Rob
Lupo D’oro
Maven
Silvery Moon
Quick Wit
Stipulate
Robynelle
Proclamationofwar
Lady Kashaan
Good Morning Star
Chookie Royale
Set The Trend
West Leake Hare
Spread Boy
Majestic Alexander
The Smart One
Bold Cross
Stag Hill
Gaelic Ice

Put them in a spoiler.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sebotobes
Put them in a spoiler.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol Thx
First bet on horses today:

£5 double on Morawij and Baltic Knight. Let's see how this goes... :tongue:
Original post by TheInvincibles14
First bet on horses today:

£5 double on Morawij and Baltic Knight. Let's see how this goes... :tongue:

Good luck...Not been my day today so far. :s-smilie:
Good luck...Not been my day today so far. :s-smilie:

Cheers, did you bet on ALL those horses? :eek:
Cheers, did you bet on ALL those horses? :eek:

Congrats on the first win :P

Not using my own money no, just doing fake bets atm. Those horses and more. The theory is, at level stakes, you can lose 3-4 and make it up with one win. Of course this ain't always the case and you lose badly like I am today, so far.
Congrats on the first win :P

Not using my own money no, just doing fake bets atm. Those horses and more. The theory is, at level stakes, you can lose 3-4 and make it up with one win. Of course this ain't always the case and you lose badly like I am today, so far.

Good start for me! Hoping Baltic Knight can pull it off. I think it's good what your doing, getting more experience and then when you bet with real money you'll make good decisions. I did the same when I started betting on baseball and it worked well for me.
Good start for me! Hoping Baltic Knight can pull it off. I think it's good what your doing, getting more experience and then when you bet with real money you'll make good decisions. I did the same when I started betting on baseball and it worked well for me.

Definitely.

I was watching a youtube video on different betting strategies and some people like to mix laying, trading and backing, rather than just backing winners where the ups and downs are huge and you do end up relying on a big win to cover your losses and then boost your account as well. I'm sure it doesn't matter if you're picking winners regularly, but it's certainly not easy. Hopefully I can find a strategy that works for me.

For me, I'm quite happy to bet like this, its fun anyway just watching, taking notes and getting into it.
Played invincibles, think you might be onto something, care to share your next picks or you just gonna save it and dump it on the MLB? :biggrin:
Got paid yesterday, going for these tonight

Indians
Royals
Tigers

I might put the over 10 runs on the rockies game as well 21/20

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Played invincibles, think you might be onto something, care to share your next picks or you just gonna save it and dump it on the MLB? :biggrin:

Haha. £40 returns not to be sniffed at. I think I'm going to keep using on horses. MLB has been so unpredictable lately. Like last night the worst team beat the best team in the division, which is the equivalent of QPR beating Man Utd.

To be honest they were both favourites, I don't know enough to be making picks with 100% confidence. I think I'm going to take Hewitt in the tennis, also like Heavens Gate at York later this evening.
Actually scratch that Hewitt is getting owned. Heavens Gate 10/1 is worth a punt.
(edited 10 years ago)
Actually scratch that Hewitt is getting owned. Heavens Gate 10/1 is worth a punt.

Tricky one to call, I've avoided it myself, but at those odds, if you're feeling lucky, a 5er is ok. Having a quick scan I like Storm Moon and Chilworth Icon.
Tricky one to call, I've avoided it myself, but at those odds, if you're feeling lucky, a 5er is ok. Having a quick scan I like Storm Moon and Chilworth Icon.

Took Body and Soul instead. Going to be pissed if the other one wins!

Quick Reply

Latest