The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thatitootoo
:lol: I get that a lot...:tongue: The fact that I am 6'ft 4" does not help! :lol:
I did at the start of the year, but I left because my 6form (where I used to live) was a ****ole :biggrin:
and then soon after I left I decided I wanted to study Deutsch! :biggrin:
I'm currently on extended holiday :tongue: but I'll be taking German AS (+ A2) - English Language - World Development (I find physical Geography tedious!) and 2 Maths A-levels (one of which I'll self study) :tongue: omg

Aah I see :console:

World Development?! Human Geography is the boring bit :zomg:

Mathematics and Further Mathematics? The former is easy :yep: the latter is... Harder :lol:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Aah I see :console:

World Development?! Human Geography is the boring bit :zomg:

Mathematics and Further Mathematics? The former is easy :yep: the latter is... Harder :lol:

But I don't like Rocks :frown: Es gefällt mir nicht, über die Bergen zu lernen! :tongue:
I'm not that good at maths :colondollar: so it's Use of Maths & A-level Statistics self study for meee :smile:!
Most people don't even know that you can take a Maths A-level concisting entirely of Stats! :redface:n
(edited 10 years ago)
ButbI don't like Rocks :frown: Es gefällt mir nicht, über die Bergen zu lernen! :tongue:
I'm not that good at maths :colondollar: so it's Use of Maths & A-level Statistics self study for meee :smile:!
Most people don't even know that you can take a Maths A-level concisting entirely of Stats! :redface:n

It's not rocks :shakecane: my modules for next year... Are extreme climates and hydrology probably :awesome:

Aah. Statistics!:eek: it's actually easy... So what will that be? S1-S3(or S5?)
It's not rocks :shakecane: my modules for next year... Are extreme climates and hydrology probably :awesome:

Aah. Statistics!:eek: it's actually easy... So what will that be? S1-S3(or S5?)

That brings back memories...I did AS level Geography...it did not work out! Are you doing it on Edexcel??

Exactly...I don't know how people could compain about stats...it's absolutely wonderful! :colone:
S1 - S3 for AS S1 - S6 for A-level. The full A-level is only offered by AQA
That brings back memories...I did AS level Geography...it did not work out! Are you doing it on Edexcel??

Exactly...I don't know how people could compain about stats...it's absolutely wonderful! :colone:
S1 - S3 for AS S1 - S6 for A-level. The full A-level is only offered by AQA

Oh no :rofl: what happened? :nah: I'm WJEC

:erm: yeah :wink: tbf, S1 is the paper I've probably got highest in :lol:

Oh wow! That's a lot :') you doing the full a level?
Oh no :rofl: what happened? :nah: I'm WJEC

:erm: yeah :wink: tbf, S1 is the paper I've probably got highest in :lol:

Oh wow! That's a lot :') you doing the full a level?

I left just before the Unit 1 exam! :rebel:
Yuppp! It's the only coursework free A-level I have atm!
If my plan doesn't fail me, I'll apply to uni with A2s in Dutch - German - Statistics. The random AS levels will provide me with extra UCAS points, whilst ensuring that I don't have to pay a penny towards my education this year! :wink: :biggrin:
I left just before the Unit 1 exam! :rebel:
Yuppp! It's the only coursework free A-level I have atm!
If my plan doesn't fail me, I'll apply to uni with A2s in Dutch - German - Statistics. The random AS levels will provide me with extra UCAS points, whilst ensuring that I don't have to pay a penny towards my education this year! :wink: :biggrin:

And then you apply for Dutch? :lol: no one cares about UCAS points do they?
A-level German is coursework free too.
And then you apply for Dutch? :lol: no one cares about UCAS points do they?

:wink: German with Dutch at Nottingham would be my dream course!
But German with International Relations at Nottingham TRENT looks more likely...
(and they do accept UCAS points) Not that I expect a porspective Cambridge applicant to know that! :rolleyes:
:wink: German with Dutch at Nottingham would be my dream course!
But German with International Relations at Nottingham TRENT looks more likely...
(and they do accept UCAS points) Not that I expect a porspective Cambridge applicant to know that! :rolleyes:

International relations sounds cooler :mmm:

I won't get in :tongue: grades > UCAS

I could have just under 1000 points
Original post by Octopus_Garden
A-level German is coursework free too.

If a subject is not 100% written exam...It's a coursework subject in my book! :tongue:
absolutely hell to arrange a speaking exam when you are a private candidate!
I might be one if I fail German next year!
International relations sounds cooler :mmm:

I won't get in :tongue: grades > UCAS

I could have just under 1000 points

IKR! :wink:
LOL
TSR snobbery at its finest ^^
I'm gonna watch Octopus_Garden in action now
I think she should be reading out German children books in right about 15 mins..;D
Bis bald!
IKR! :wink:
LOL
TSR snobbery at its finest ^^
I'm gonna watch Octopus_Garden in action now
I think she should be reading out German children books in right about 15 mins..;D
Bis bald!

Snobbery?:emo:

:lolwut:
Snobbery?:emo:

:lolwut:

I didn't catch Octopus_Garden reading out German stories to small children today :frown:
She was just there...:tongue:

1000 UCAS POINTS IS LOADSSSSSS
(edited 10 years ago)
I didn't catch Octopus_Garden reading out German stories to small children today :frown:
She was just there...:tongue:

1000 UCAS POINTS IS LOADSSSSSS

Whaaaaaat?

Maximum I'll have is...
1080?:dontknow:
Whaaaaaat?

Maximum I'll have is...

Me and Octo are practically neighbors... ;D
Is this because of the Welsh bac thing you're doing?
Maximum amount of points you can get from 1 A-level is currently 140 :O
Whaaaaaat?

Maximum I'll have is...
The most I've had in my life was 360, I think! I know that AAT qualifications can be worth more than an A-level, which may or may not be useful information for thatitootoo.
(edited 10 years ago)
Können Sie mir bitte sagen, wo ich ein 'Pikachu' finden kann!? :wink:
Half-way down I think?

Original post by MangoFreak
Privatised health/dental care makes no sense :colonhash:
Dangerous to say on TSR. Place seems infested with Über-capitalists...
Reply 2378
Whaaaaaat?

Maximum I'll have is...

How on earth is that not a lot?! I do the IB and even if I get the max. 45 points all I can get 720 (after they lowered it). I would have to take at least 3 more subjects to get over 1000 UCAS points - THAT'S 9 SUBJECTS IN TOTAL! -.- So yes, getting 1000 UCAS points is a big deal; it shows you have time and dedication (and possibly the insanity :biggrin:) to take that many subjects in the first place.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Octopus_Garden
The most I've had in my life was 360, I think! I know that AAT qualifications can be worth more than an A-level, which may or may not be useful information for thatitootoo.

Ich bin satt!
Christ, I've said that a lot today!

Latest

Trending

Trending