The Student Room Group

AQA Core 3 - Thursday 6th June 2013 (AM) - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 24DJF
Well if you look back through this thread, someone has drawn the diagram of f(x) (whatever it was) and the rectangles. So with mid ordinate rule you use rectangles to estimate the area and when you draw them it's easy to see the area of f(x) not included of the rectangles exceeds the area of which the rectangles don't cover any of f(x). Does that help?

Yeah there's a post 3 posts above yours with the diagram :smile: Thanks anyway!:biggrin:
Original post by ThomT94
Who else got ln3 or ln2, not sure which, for the last answer?

I did I got ln2 but its obviously wrong :frown:
The last question i got integral limits 2 and 1 of 2u / u²+u and didn't think to divide by u -_- silly me, answer is ln(9/4) tho i believe... I've just done it again by dividing by u -> 2 / u+1 = [2ln(u+1)] limits 2 and 1 makes 2ln(3) - 2ln(2) = ln(9) - ln(4) = ln(9/4) i feel so silly now :colondollar:
Reply 283
I know there's been a few predictions for grade boundaries already, but does everyone think they'll be higher or lower than January's boundaries? :-)
Original post by 24DJF
I know there's been a few predictions for grade boundaries already, but does everyone think they'll be higher or lower than January's boundaries? :-)

Most people think they'll be higher but I think they might actually be about the same because people in my school said they hated all the graphs and prefer all the calculus that was in jan 2013
Reply 285
I just remembered for all the integration questions without limits I didn't put +c at the end of my answer. Would I lose marks for this?
Reply 286
Original post by Relf
I just remembered for all the integration questions without limits I didn't put +c at the end of my answer. Would I lose marks for this?

No, I'm pretty sure on the mark schemes they always put the +c in brackets, so you don't lose a mark for not putting it. :smile:
Reply 287
Can anybody estimate how many raw marks id need for 60ums ?
Reply 288
Anyoneee???
Original post by Lc1995
Anyoneee???

48-54 would be a safe bet for a C(60UMS) yeah? :smile:
Reply 290
Original post by KING2011BOB
48-54 would be a safe bet for a C(60UMS) yeah? :smile:

Sweet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 291

Figure
71A*
66A
61B
56C
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 292
Original post by joe900
Figure
71A*
66A
61B
56C

Damn hope they're not that high

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did everyone do?
Reply 294
Does anyone have the AQA Core 3 June 2013 Maths past paper?
Original post by Jooph
Does anyone have the AQA Core 3 June 2013 Maths past paper?

As your teacher. They are on the AQA site under 'secure material'
Your teacher will have the password for to get in. They do them in a handy condensed paper.
I have put the answers on video for my guys here:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnKlbC4ho-u-tyfLSipYCC4kAosndRlGB

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending