The Student Room Group

French FN4 WJEC-Friday 14th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Can't believe I missed this thread.

Listening was easy on the whole (well, aside from finding the second reason why small roads are dangerous; what was that, anyhow? I got that there are trees by the road, what else?).

The first reading section was tough (but I am so chuffed that I guessed that "fauteuil roulant" is wheelchair :biggrin: )

The second reading section was awkward. I mean, the text was nice enough, but I wasn't sure what exactly the examiners were looking for as answers.

Translation was fairly decent, unfortunately, I forgot what "farm" and "as" are in French :redface:

I did Les Choristes and the essay on Pierre Morhange. I managed to fit the subjunctive in a couple of times, a few present participles, the perfect conditional, perfect, imperfect, conditional, future and a few passives. I went to about 440 in the end, I think.
Original post by wrexhamfc
Can't believe I missed this thread.

Listening was easy on the whole (well, aside from finding the second reason why small roads are dangerous; what was that, anyhow? I got that there are trees by the road, what else?).

The first reading section was tough (but I am so chuffed that I guessed that "fauteuil roulant" is wheelchair :biggrin: )

The second reading section was awkward. I mean, the text was nice enough, but I wasn't sure what exactly the examiners were looking for as answers.

Translation was fairly decent, unfortunately, I forgot what "farm" and "as" are in French :redface:

I did Les Choristes and the essay on Pierre Morhange. I managed to fit the subjunctive in a couple of times, a few present participles, the perfect conditional, perfect, imperfect, conditional, future and a few passives. I went to about 440 in the end, I think.

The second reason was that the roads were narrow, you needed to recognise the word "étroit" here.

Haha I remember seeing the "fauteuil" and wondering what an armchair had to do with things but then I read the "muni de roues" and was like OH YEAH! It has wheels so it's a wheelchair! :biggrin:

I know what you mean, like the bit where it wanted the 3 advantages of photovoltaic systems compared to fossil fuels, I thought that was pretty sly of them :unimpressed:

I liked the translation but I realised after hat I translated secure as "sécure" which is a Canadian French word so I hope they still count it :confused:
Reply 122
Original post by BaconEmperor
Logiciel is software and like Jenna said the whole "logiciel de diagnostic de distance" means remote diagnosis software.
The maximum is 440 words, it was on a mark scheme my teacher showed me once.
Haha I'm sure we did!
Yepp I'm now completely free :biggrin:
You still have the F324 retake right? Well good luck! Atleast you have a few days just to focus on Chemistry, I'm sure that'll be fun :wink:

Ohh..I knew it was something to do with diagnosis :biggrin:
Pheww thank god I only wrote 437 words!
Lucky you,it's summer timeeee now :wink:
Time to chill and enjoyyy! ;H
Yep,4 more days of Chemistry.
Should be fun! -_-
Reply 123
The second reason was that the roads were narrow, you needed to recognise the word "étroit" here.

Haha I remember seeing the "fauteuil" and wondering what an armchair had to do with things but then I read the "muni de roues" and was like OH YEAH! It has wheels so it's a wheelchair! :biggrin:

I know what you mean, like the bit where it wanted the 3 advantages of photovoltaic systems compared to fossil fuels, I thought that was pretty sly of them :unimpressed:

I liked the translation but I realised after hat I translated secure as "sécure" which is a Canadian French word so I hope they still count it :confused:

Yh what did you put for the 3 advantages??
And I don't remember seeing 'secure' in the translation? :s-smilie:
Also what did you translate 'As a result' as??
Original post by Varsh05
Yh what did you put for the 3 advantages??
And I don't remember seeing 'secure' in the translation? :s-smilie:
Also what did you translate 'As a result' as??

Strange it seems you were being sarcastic about Chemistry but how could that be? That implies that Chemistry isn't fun? I don't get it :wink:

For the advantages I put that it didn't cause acid rain, it didn't produce any pollution and it didn't produce any greenhouse gases.
Now that I think about it thoe last two are abit similar :s-smilie:
Maybe I used the word secure in one of my answers for the comprehension then.
For that I used "Par conséquence" you?
Reply 125
Strange it seems you were being sarcastic about Chemistry but how could that be? That implies that Chemistry isn't fun? I don't get it :wink:

For the advantages I put that it didn't cause acid rain, it didn't produce any pollution and it didn't produce any greenhouse gases.
Now that I think about it thoe last two are abit similar :s-smilie:
Maybe I used the word secure in one of my answers for the comprehension then.
For that I used "Par conséquence" you?

Well..I wasn't being sarcastic really,but tbh half of Chemistry is fun and the other half..it's just a pain really :tongue:
Damn you! You could've put it didn't produce any noise pollution then it wouldn't have been similar!
But I still think you'll get your 3 marks for it.
Oh right.
Erm don't even ask,there were a few bits (maybe about 4) that I left out until the end coz I didn't know what to put.
'As a result' was one of them but I went for 'Comme resultat'
I know it's really stupid but oh well >.<
Also for farms I put centrales simply because I thought fermes would seem wrong?
Original post by Varsh05
Well..I wasn't being sarcastic really,but tbh half of Chemistry is fun and the other half..it's just a pain really :tongue:
Damn you! You could've put it didn't produce any noise pollution then it wouldn't have been similar!
But I still think you'll get your 3 marks for it.
Oh right.
Erm don't even ask,there were a few bits (maybe about 4) that I left out until the end coz I didn't know what to put.
'As a result' was one of them but I went for 'Comme resultat'
I know it's really stupid but oh well >.<
Also for farms I put centrales simply because I thought fermes would seem wrong?

Chemistry at this point is dead to me and in a couple of months I won't even remember what hydrocarbon is :tongue:
Well that's how I wish my brain would work but something tells me I'll forever be reading the chemical names on drugs and trying to determine what it may look like :colondollar:
Hate that feeling when you come out of an exam and realise the silly mistakes you made, because you know you know it but under the pressure you forget :frown:
Haha I better they'll accept it and if not you'll atleast get a half mark if the rest of it was fine.
That's pretty random lol :biggrin:
Reply 127
Chemistry at this point is dead to me and in a couple of months I won't even remember what hydrocarbon is :tongue:
Well that's how I wish my brain would work but something tells me I'll forever be reading the chemical names on drugs and trying to determine what it may look like :colondollar:
Hate that feeling when you come out of an exam and realise the silly mistakes you made, because you know you know it but under the pressure you forget :frown:
Haha I better they'll accept it and if not you'll atleast get a half mark if the rest of it was fine.
That's pretty random lol :biggrin:

Yh Chemistry has that effect on people.
Biology on the other hand,is easier to remember,atleast some parts are.
Yh that happens to me too.
The worst part is when you're handing your paper in,knowing that it's over now and nothing can be changed :frown:
Oh yh French does give half a mark unlike Biology and Chemistry! :h:
Reply 128
anybody translate 'as' as 'en tant que' ? :confused:
Reply 129
Original post by ConnorM
anybody translate 'as' as 'en tant que' ? :confused:

What was the sentence?
I got an A! So unbelievably chuffed with myself for this, all my hard work has paid off :woo:

How did everyone else do? :smile:
Slightly shocked! I got a borderline C/D for my Oral and a low D for the FN4 paper giving me a medium B overall. Going to try and get them remarked but really disappointed at the moment :frown:
Reply 132
I got an A! So unbelievably chuffed with myself for this, all my hard work has paid off :woo:

How did everyone else do? :smile:

Didn't I tell you you'd get an A? :woo:
I am 2 marks from an A NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO :unimpressed:

Paying for a remark tomorrow. :yy:
Original post by JennaEmBee
I am 2 marks from an A NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO :unimpressed:

Paying for a remark tomorrow. :yy:

I hope that it all works out for you :smile: Out of interest do you mind me asking why you chose to remark FN4 instead of FN3? It's just that I'm considering a remark because I was 2 marks off an A*, do you think your marks more likely to go up with FN4 then?

Original post by Varsh05
Didn't I tell you you'd get an A? :woo:

Haha yeah you did, should of trusted you :tongue:
Why not share your grade with the rest of us Varsh :biggrin: An A I bet :wink:
Reply 135
I hope that it all works out for you :smile: Out of interest do you mind me asking why you chose to remark FN4 instead of FN3? It's just that I'm considering a remark because I was 2 marks off an A*, do you think your marks more likely to go up with FN4 then?

Haha yeah you did, should of trusted you :tongue:
Why not share your grade with the rest of us Varsh :biggrin: An A I bet :wink:

I got an A* :colondollar:
Full UMS in FN3,please don't neg me anyone :frown:
You were 2 marks off an A* btw??? :eek:
Original post by Varsh05
I got an A* :colondollar:
Full UMS in FN3,please don't neg me anyone :frown:
You were 2 marks off an A* btw??? :eek:

That's fantastic, you should be really proud of yourself :h: No one's gonna neg you for doing well, I'd rep you if I could!
Yeah, I can hardly believe it really seeing as I was so worried that I wouldn't even get an A, never ever imagined I could be in this position :tongue:
Reply 137
That's fantastic, you should be really proud of yourself :h: No one's gonna neg you for doing well, I'd rep you if I could!
Yeah, I can hardly believe it really seeing as I was so worried that I wouldn't even get an A, never ever imagined I could be in this position :tongue:

Thank you :h:
There are jealous people on TSR :K:
I think yours is worth a remark :wink:
Was it 2 UMS or 2 marks?
Original post by Varsh05
Thank you :h:
There are jealous people on TSR :K:
I think yours is worth a remark :wink:
Was it 2 UMS or 2 marks?

I doubt they'll be trolling this thread though :lol:
2 UMS marks which could work out as either 2 raw marks in the exam or 1 raw mark in the oral. Money isn't the issue here (the school will pay) it's deciding which module I should sent-off, I don't want to do them both in case 1 goes up and 1 goes down and I'm stuck in the exact same position :frown:
Reply 139
I doubt they'll be trolling this thread though :lol:
2 UMS marks which could work out as either 2 raw marks in the exam or 1 raw mark in the oral. Money isn't the issue here (the school will pay) it's deciding which module I should sent-off, I don't want to do them both in case 1 goes up and 1 goes down and I'm stuck in the exact same position :frown:

I think they do,otherwise I would've never got negs earlier on :unimpressed:
Well what was your UMS in both?
Maybe compare your UMS and check which one you're more likely to get more marks for?
I think it would be 1 raw mark..:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending