The Student Room Group

Edexcel: 11th and 14th June 2013 (Linear) 1MA0/1H + 2H (Official Thread)

Scroll to see replies

Yes it is, that's good! What did you think of the difficulty in comparison ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 621
Well personally I thought this one was harder generally. Are you doing A-level maths?
Original post by Arsey
Here is a link to my solutions

http://db.tt/DhVkwlxL

Here is a link to my revision list for the calculator paper

2H June 2013 revision list

Hope it is useful

Thanks for this :smile: do you by any chance have a copy of the second paper? A mark scheme has been put up but without the questions :frown: thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 623
Has anyone got any unofficial grade boundaries? I really would like to see one
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 624
Original post by Red John
Has anyone got an unofficial mark scheme? I really would like to see one

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2381568&x=18&y=15
Reply 625
I think I got 69 and 88 on paper 1 and 2 which is around 157... Is there any possibility that the a* boundary can drop into the end 50's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopefully they do but, doubt it...
Reply 628
I got roughly about 169 - 175 does anyone think that I will get an A* with these marks, Im just saying this in case the grade boundaries increase or something, since the second paper was much easier in comparison to the first one?
Original post by FVPereira
I got roughly about 169 - 175 does anyone think that I will get an A* with these marks, Im just saying this in case the grade boundaries increase or something, since the second paper was much easier in comparison to the first one?

Guaranteed A* well done

Posted from TSR Mobile
163 A* and 129 A .........

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChronicBoredom
I think I got 69 and 88 on paper 1 and 2 which is around 157... Is there any possibility that the a* boundary can drop into the end 50's?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely a possibility! Keep your fingers crossed! :smile:

The simultaneous equation at the end was absolutely awful. Luckily I'm resitting Unit 3 on Monday!
Will like 140 plus secure an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 633
Original post by Captain Anonymous
163 A* and 129 A .........

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was this a guess, or do you know for sure? Do you know if it is published any where, or will we only know on the 21st of August?
Original post by FVPereira
Was this a guess, or do you know for sure? Do you know if it is published any where, or will we only know on the 21st of August?

That's a guess, it just looks like he added 1 to the A boundary of last June which was 128 and he says it will be 129 for an A
Reply 635
I did foundation last march and got 143 marks which is 4 marks of a C. Because of this i retook foundation last week. Now my question is, if for example you got 70 marks on the calculator paper this month and got 75 on it last time will they take the best paper mark?
Original post by Davinio
I did foundation last march and got 143 marks which is 4 marks of a C. Because of this i retook foundation last week. Now my question is, if for example you got 70 marks on the calculator paper this month and got 75 on it last time will they take the best paper mark?

Nope! It's a different series, and onły raw marks are used, so they will take the marks you got from this series, as no UMS are involved. However, if you retake the paper, they give you the highest grade you've achieved: so let's say in November you got a C, but in June you got a D, you'd get the C. However, if you got 75/100 in the calculator and 53 in the non calculator in the November, but then 70/100 in the calculator in June and 63/100 in the non-calculator, they wouldn't take the highest mark you got for each paper, they'd take the highest mark you got altogether. I hope that is clear.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah they're my predictions, please don't take them to be 100% reliable ... Edexcel are normally consistent with June maths boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 638
Original post by kingaaran
Nope! It's a different series, and onły raw marks are used, so they will take the marks you got from this series, as no UMS are involved. However, if you retake the paper, they give you the highest grade you've achieved: so let's say in November you got a C, but in June you got a D, you'd get the C. However, if you got 75/100 in the calculator and 53 in the non calculator in the November, but then 70/100 in the calculator in June and 63/100 in the non-calculator, they wouldn't take the highest mark you got for each paper, they'd take the highest mark you got altogether. I hope that is clear.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks yh it is
Reply 639
Is there a solutions PDF yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending