The Student Room Group

AQA PSYA3/PSYA4 Psychology Revision Thread 10th/17th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by holly1714
I've noticed that they ask questions on explanations (coincidence/probability/superstition/magical thinking/personality) EVERY year, sometimes more than once. But haven't asked about the study of anomalous experience(ganzfeld/pk/pseudoscience) or research in to exceptional experience (NDE/OOBE/psychicmediumship/healing) as much...
They haven't asked any questions on psychic healing specifically or near death experience alone yet so that is definitely a possibility. Anomalistic is so difficult to guess for... they seem to throw in quite a few questions which can be beneficial for those of us that are doing it. I know I'm babbling on so I'll stop lol hope this has been even a little helpful.

thanks, i am normally quite good at guessing but this time i just have no clue and i find anomalistic so boring so its really hard to remember all the info. whats the most likely to come up do you think?
Reply 561
Original post by kristy-jade
thanks, i am normally quite good at guessing but this time i just have no clue and i find anomalistic so boring so its really hard to remember all the info. whats the most likely to come up do you think?

ugh I agree it's so boring, I'm finding it very difficult to question spot but I think that psychic healing or near death experience will come up as well as coincence/personality and possibly PK/ganzfeld I know that doesn't really narrow it down by much but yeah I think around 4 questions will be asked?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ugh I agree it's so boring, I'm finding it very difficult to question spot but I think that psychic healing or near death experience will come up as well as coincence/personality and possibly PK/ganzfeld I know that doesn't really narrow it down by much but yeah I think around 4 questions will be asked?

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks! :biggrin: and not many people seem to be doing it on here, but thats probably because its so boring haha. what grade are you aiming for?
Reply 563
thanks! :biggrin: and not many people seem to be doing it on here, but thats probably because its so boring haha. what grade are you aiming for?

I'm going for an A grade, I did the PSYA3 resit on the 10th and I'm feeling pretty cool about it so fingers crossed! what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going for an A grade, I did the PSYA3 resit on the 10th and I'm feeling pretty cool about it so fingers crossed! what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm trying to get an A* i re-sat PSYA2 to try and get full UMS but I am happy if i manage to get an A :smile:. I'm hopeful the resit went OK but someones phone went off during the exam so they have reported it to the exam board and i don't know how that will affect the results. its hard at the moment though because i have C4 maths on tuesday as well! :frown:

Good luck!
Reply 565
I'm trying to get an A* i re-sat PSYA2 to try and get full UMS but I am happy if i manage to get an A :smile:. I'm hopeful the resit went OK but someones phone went off during the exam so they have reported it to the exam board and i don't know how that will affect the results. its hard at the moment though because i have C4 maths on tuesday as well! :frown:

Good luck!

good luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

There might be a question on magical thinking seen as it's new on the syllabus :smile:
Reply 567
Original post by bethanyfish
There might be a question on magical thinking seen as it's new on the syllabus :smile:

oh yeah I forgot about that! Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh yeah I forgot about that! Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

welcome :smile:
Reply 569
Finding addiction sooooooooooo boring, nothing is sticking my head, such a short time till exams and I really NEED an A :s-smilie:
whats the maximum number of marks they could ask outline and evaluate coincidence in anomalous experiences... (anomalistic) Thanks.
Original post by bethanyfish

thanks i didn't think about magical thinking but its similar to the explanations of superstitious behaviour isn't it?
Reply 572
Any predictions for media/depression/ research methods anyone
Original post by and234

research methods is hard to predict for but similar questions tend to come up each time and it is mainly the 8 or 10 marker that changes and i don't do the other units sorry :frown:
Reply 574
Original post by bluedate
Finding addiction sooooooooooo boring, nothing is sticking my head, such a short time till exams and I really NEED an A :s-smilie:

Same position exactly!
How are you revising? Have you tried reading it out loud as a mindmap/teaching someone else?
Reply 575
Guys what do you do if a question comes up asking for public health interventions?

I have one intervention - Doctors advise and two legislations..
What do i do??
I'm doing PSYA4 - Phobias, Media and Research Methods. Does anyone know what likely questions are going to come up for the first to topics? Apparently on Phobias, people are saying that classification and diagnosis stuff might come up?
Reply 577
Original post by and234

Hi, I am doing Depression/addiction/research methods as well. I read somewhere on the forums that for depression treatments are likely to come up as they have not been asked before. But, for addiction I don't know :confused: whereas research methods anything could come up :frown:
thanks i didn't think about magical thinking but its similar to the explanations of superstitious behaviour isn't it?

Yeah I think so - you could probably combine them together and it'd make sense
Reply 579
Original post by smtstudent
any of you guys know how whats the diff in ao1 and evaluation in models of addiction, ah seems like a stupid question but i dont get it!

A01 is basically describing the model and giving all the studies
A02 is evaluating by explaining type of research methods (pros and cons) used, reductionism, determinism, nature/nurture, validity, reliability etc :biggrin:
Quiet simple really when you get the pattern.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending