The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4740
Does anyone know when funimation will make more dubs for Fairy Tail - I seriously find the animax one annoying. Juvias french? Come on!
Does any know what will happen to hunter x hunter when the anime gets close to the manga, since the manga is still on hiatus

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by electro14
Does any know what will happen to hunter x hunter when the anime gets close to the manga, since the manga is still on hiatus

Posted from TSR Mobile

It'll end most likely since the manga will need a good few months once it starts up again before the anime can start catching up. Can't see any fillers being made unless hunterxhunter gets going soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AngryJellyfish
QFA

So I downloaded JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and I'm about halfway through

Spoiler

Original post by Bude8

Spoiler

Ah yes, that was a sad moment. :frown: Great series, though. :giggle:
I watched FMA a years years back and I was wondering is it worth watching Brotherhood if I have seen the original before? I heard the original deviates from the manga towards the end, but brotherhood follows the manga...
Reply 4746
Original post by Bude8

Spoiler

JJBA was such fun, I had a real blast watching it. I hope you enjoy the rest!

Original post by Dr Tenacious
I watched FMA a years years back and I was wondering is it worth watching Brotherhood if I have seen the original before? I heard the original deviates from the manga towards the end, but brotherhood follows the manga...

My impression is that the consenus on this is that Bro'hood is worth watching if you're familiar with the previous anime, but you may want to skip through some of the initial episodes. But I'm no FMA expert, so don't take my guess as gospel.
Reply 4747
Original post by Dr Tenacious

Yup, Brotherhood follows the manga's storyline 100% because the manga was near completed when Brotherhood came out whereas FMA only follows the manga to a certain extent before it caught up and the producers had to create their own 'original' storyline, with the mangaka's help of course. Seeing the previous FMA anime adaptation puts you in a good stead for Brotherhood as it the first 10 episodes is very similar to the first 15-20 eps of FMA (but is more rushed to cover the story quickly and get to the main plot). However I wouldn't completely skip these episodes as I *think* they do put some original content in some of the episodes, like new character introduction and what not (it's been a while since I've seen it).

Tbh I didn't really enjoy Brotherhood that much, preferred the first adaptation - but I seem to be in the minority for holding this opinion.
finished Zero no Tsukaima F, what a wonderful end :h: really feels like an ending this time so a little :sad:

Spoiler

AJ daisuki :love:
Guys, who's your favourite anime character out of all the anime you have watched?

Mine is either Natsu Dragneel or Rin Okumera. =P
Reply 4752
Original post by Scienceisgood
Guys, who's your favourite anime character out of all the anime you have watched?

Admiral Alexander Bucock from Legend of the Galactic Heroes, for reasons which are spoilers.
Original post by Scienceisgood

Probably Spice & Wolf's Horo. I had to think about that, but in the end there has to be some reason I watched the anime, buy the light novel and manga, and have an image of Horo as my desktop wallpaper and on my mousemat. :p:
For those who don't sleep at night like myself, Paprika is on film4 tonight at about 2 in the morning :smile:
Its always better watching anime on the tv over my small laptop.
Reply 4755
Just watched the latest Oreimo, I really enjoyed this episode. It made me laugh really hard a few times, it's been a while since an anime made me laugh like that. :smile:
Just started to watch One Piece. Not so good so far but according to other One Piece fans it will get better. Before I get way into it, is there anything else that you guys recommend I watch instead?

Ideally I don't want to have to wait every week for a new episode, but if its really good then I don't mind. I'd like something with a lot of action and strong characters, something with a solid storyline to go with it and not just meaningless fights, and a little but of humour (Naruto was pretty funny at times)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Entrepreneur123
Just started to watch One Piece. Not so good so far but according to other One Piece fans it will get better. Before I get way into it, is there anything else that you guys recommend I watch instead?

Ideally I don't want to have to wait every week for a new episode, but if its really good then I don't mind. I'd like something with a lot of action and strong characters, something with a solid storyline to go with it and not just meaningless fights, and a little but of humour (Naruto was pretty funny at times)

While I would recommend sticking to One Piece (it is worth it eventually, trust me), I'd also suggest Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Baccano!, and/or Basilisk. :yes:
Original post by Entrepreneur123

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hunterxhunter sounds like what you want. Haven't watched the remake yet but watch some episodes of the original first and if you like it, watch the new one
Yahari Ore is just getting better and better, Hikky's slogan explanation oh god i almost cried :toofunny: and Yukinon's reaction :rofl2: :cute:

and i almost died from this scene

Spoiler

Latest

Trending

Trending