The Student Room Group

GEO4B resit June 2013

Scroll to see replies

I liked that paper :smile:
Original post by JObertelli
As a data type time is continuous, it doesn't matter that some intermediate values are missing, although a scattergraph would work too, just not a bar chart as there is no categoric data

Displaying P2 was only possible with a bar graph as data was discrete. But we didn't get asked that haha! I didn't mind that paper! Mind you, compared to my spectacularly bad 3 marks off a U in January, I can't really do as bad. :colondollar:
All in all seemed a nice exam :smile:
Preferred it ALOT to the January one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by laurablondejayne
All in all seemed a nice exam :smile:
Preferred it ALOT to the January one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! I did finish with about 40 minutes to spare in January, but I finished with 5 minutes to spare today, which is hopefully a good sign! :tongue:
Original post by annemariemoore
Same! I did finish with about 40 minutes to spare in January, but I finished with 5 minutes to spare today, which is hopefully a good sign! :tongue:

I was stuck with what to write in January but the ideas just kept flowing today, finished as the exam invidulator came to tell me my time was up so only just made it aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was stuck with what to write in January but the ideas just kept flowing today, finished as the exam invidulator came to tell me my time was up so only just made it aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooh sounds like a good sign! Same happened for me. I didn't know we weren't allowed the AIB in the room with us (in our bags, not on the desk), ours confiscated those. They didn't in January. :cool:
Oooh sounds like a good sign! Same happened for me. I didn't know we weren't allowed the AIB in the room with us (in our bags, not on the desk), ours confiscated those. They didn't in January. :cool:

Im confused, You are allowed the AIB just a clean version, no annotations on it , or is that what you was on about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 127
That was a really nice exam :smile: I liked the last question! What advice did you guys give to Lisa's mum?
Im confused, You are allowed the AIB just a clean version, no annotations on it , or is that what you was on about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, obviously they let us have a clean AIB haha, but if we had our own in our bags we had to hand them in, which we hadn't had to in January.
Original post by wild_eyes
That was a really nice exam :smile: I liked the last question! What advice did you guys give to Lisa's mum?

Ooh I can't really remember now. I know I said that the quake was a result of hundreds, if not thousands, of years worth of pressure and that it was unlikely that a further earthquake would have such a high magnitude as a result. I also said that the likelihood of it having the same epicentre next time was unlikely. Can't remember what else I said, but I know there was something. :tongue:
Reply 130
Yeah, obviously they let us have a clean AIB haha, but if we had our own in our bags we had to hand them in, which we hadn't had to in January.

You were allowed your own version in January?! That seems slightly unfair

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh blonde moment! Haha
We've never been allowed our own, it always had to be the clean one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh blonde moment! Haha
We've never been allowed our own, it always had to be the clean one

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by lucyv95
You were allowed your own version in January?! That seems slightly unfair

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nooo, we weren't allowed our own, even if we had an AIB in our bag (that was going to stay in our bag) we had to hand it in. We had a clean one on the desk but we were not allowed to have our own AIBs in our bags. We were allowed to keep them in our bags in January but were not in this exam.

Hopefully got myself across that time haha (I am not good at communication that isn't face to face at all it seems). :tongue:
Nooo, we weren't allowed our own, even if we had an AIB in our bag (that was going to stay in our bag) we had to hand it in. We had a clean one on the desk but we were not allowed to have our own AIBs in our bags. We were allowed to keep them in our bags in January but were not in this exam.

Hopefully got myself across that time haha (I am not good at communication that isn't face to face at all it seems). :tongue:

Oh I get you now! Aha
We have to put everything we take to the exam in trays at the front of the hall as we walk in like our locker keys and any revision notes we had whilst waiting to go into the hall and then pick them up on the way out
We aren't allowed to carry bags round school because of how old it is the corridors are narrow so we have lockers to keep everything in so our bags are expected to be in lockers for exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh I get you now! Aha
We have to put everything we take to the exam in trays at the front of the hall as we walk in like our locker keys and any revision notes we had whilst waiting to go into the hall and then pick them up on the way out
We aren't allowed to carry bags round school because of how old it is the corridors are narrow so we have lockers to keep everything in so our bags are expected to be in lockers for exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

That seems so odd to me! It is quite nice that you don't have to lug your stuff around though haha! :tongue:
That seems so odd to me! It is quite nice that you don't have to lug your stuff around though haha! :tongue:

Haha it was strange to me too at first as I moved schools for sixth form and my old school didn't have lockers and we carried our bags all day but it was a nice change no lugging a bag around but the folders were heavier than my bag ever was aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha it was strange to me too at first as I moved schools for sixth form and my old school didn't have lockers and we carried our bags all day but it was a nice change no lugging a bag around but the folders were heavier than my bag ever was aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only ever had a locker in lower school in Year 7, and they'd always be surrounding by scary-looking gangs of chavs when you were trying to get your PE kit. Haha, aww I bet! :tongue:
How'd everyone do? :smile:

I got 61 UMS, which was B. Much better than the E (three UMS off a U) I got in January! Phew. :lol:
How'd everyone do? :smile:

I got 61 UMS, which was B. Much better than the E (three UMS off a U) I got in January! Phew. :lol:

Congrats!! I got a C which was a great improvement on my E from January haha
Really like the summer paper compared to the January one though which helped :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats!! I got a C which was a great improvement on my E from January haha
Really like the summer paper compared to the January one though which helped :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats, that's fantastic! Ooh me too, and I thought the Christchurch earthquake was loads more interesting than the Belo Monte dam! What are you doing next? Uni? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending