The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Psychology: G544: Approaches and Research Methods - Monday 17th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by revise7869
Oh right!!! I get you now, they are good points.
I could recommend Johannson using the combined approach of self reports and urine test as holistic

Oooooooooh. YES. Also Bandura and Adam's theory of self-efficacy as one way we learn it is via biological symptoms.
Original post by Cryl
Oooooooooh. YES. Also Bandura and Adam's theory of self-efficacy as one way we learn it is via biological symptoms.

Good one, you don't happen to have holistic weaknesses in terms of studies with a bit of detail to why?
Reply 462
Good one, you don't happen to have holistic weaknesses in terms of studies with a bit of detail to why?

I started getting bored towards the end. But the weaknesses are pretty obvious to elaborate, particularly the time consuming one.
Original post by Cryl
I started getting bored towards the end. But the weaknesses are pretty obvious to elaborate, particularly the time consuming one.

Ohh okay thanks, after I read the strengths nd got confused I never saw the weaknesses lol
Reply 464
What sample size would be good if it was interviews and an opportunity sample?
Reply 465
someone help please! how would you answer this

e) Discuss how the social approach provides a situational explanation of behaviour.
What approach is likely to come?
Reply 467
Would you all say this is good enough outline for Reductionism:

Reductionism is the argument that we can explain behaviour and experiences can be explained with reference to only one factor such as biology and learning processes. There are many types of reductionism such as Biological Reductionism which argues that behaviours and experiences can be explained by biological factors such as hormones, genes or the nervous system. Environmentally reductionist approaches argue that behaviour can be explained simply by the influence of learned experience or by the influence of role models such as friends and family.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 468
Original post by sonia___x
someone help please! how would you answer this

e) Discuss how the social approach provides a situational explanation of behaviour.

Oh basically u talk about how the social approach focuses on behaviour being influenced by others can talk about Piliavin and helping behaviour for that point then you can say however in some situations people are able to make their own independent decisions for example in Milgram's study only 65% went to 450v meaning 35% chose not to even though they were in the same situation. If you expand on those two points should get 8 marks :smile:
anyone know studies from A2 to support developmental, individual differences and psychodynamic ???
Reply 470
anyone know studies from A2 to support developmental, individual differences and psychodynamic ???

Watson and Raynor/McGrath for developmental
Gottesman and Shields individual differences
psychodynamic we did sport so i would say Freud but I dont think there are any psychodynamic studies in health and clinical
Reply 471

for developmental i've got Farrington.
Individual differences I have Daly and Wilson and psychodynamic I have Yochelson and Samenow.
Reply 472
What A2 studies can you use for Social?
Original post by sonia___x
What A2 studies can you use for Social?

I'm using Farrington and Wikstrom and Tafel
What studies are everyone using for psychodynamic?
Reply 475
In Section B part a) the 4 mark question where it asks you to outline the approach etc, what would you typically write? all I can think to write is an assumption from the approach! what else are we expected to say to get 4 marks?
Reply 476
Original post by BrydieAdams
What studies are everyone using for psychodynamic?

Only Thigpen and Cleckley and Freud

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 477
Could you use Gudjonnson's study into the attribution theory for individual differences?
Reply 478
Could someone outline the individual differences approach for me please? :3
Does anyone think it is a risk to revise just the individual differences approach, the two perspectives and then 2 or 3 issues.. I really am not motivated to study the other approaches ..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending