The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4000
Original post by ahmmm
ive done atp and ions - someone said that ions came up a couple of years ago but it hasn't - not sure which others ones to do :\ which ones you doing??

Ii was thinking it hasn't come up before, i even checked now and it didn't :|
Original post by Mesutozil
how is glucagon involved in the second messenger model?

Similar to adrenaline so it binds to glycoproteins on cell surface membrane which activates an enzyme which causes ATP to convert into cAMP that activates even more enzymes which causes glycogenolysis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MLogan
when did it come up?

Ions and Osmosis came up in 2009. Which is more than a couple of years. Also it was when they had the old specification.
Original post by MLogan
when did it come up?

Inorganic ions definitely hasn't come up in the new spec... Hope it comes up tomorrow though!
Question 2b June 2012 i don't how you get the answer between 29545-30455
i get 20454.54 ?
Reply 4005
Original post by Adl91
Whats the difference between a marker gene and a DNA PROBE ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :s-smilie::s-smilie:

A probe is complimentary to the gene that you are looking for. A marker gene is what you could attach to a probe to detect if the probe had located the gene you were looking for (I believe)
Can someone tell me what the second messenger model is? Thanks :smile:
Original post by MLogan
when did it come up?

I have stated it was my bad, a mistake on my part. Was thinking of doing it in class/for homework.
I had a bad habit of not handing in essays. My best essay, I think I got like 19/25 for it. Was on natural selection. I put in TONNES of off the spec stuff, mainly about lions and infanticide.
Reply 4008
Just want to thank everyone on this thread for everything before I forget! It's like having a personal tutor :wink: I wish everyone the best of luck and just think as soon as it's over, no more biology! :biggrin:
Original post by gingerandice
i need to get off tsr.. keeping reading these odd threads.. did you know there's a cup size J?

Man how do they sleep? Literally
Reply 4010
Original post by Starlight94
"You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today" So annoying :frown:

you just used my last one up ! :tongue: lol
Original post by gingerandice
i need to get off tsr.. keeping reading these odd threads.. did you know there's a cup size J?

I read that too :sexface:
Original post by ropin1
On the mark scheme it says if only two areas are covered then award 2 marks, if only one is covered award 1. they usually split the markscheme into three different sections like:

Physiology
Humans
Plants

So you just need to make sure you include a point from each

Physiology... as in...? :s-smilie:
Sorry, i think my brain is frying out lol
Reply 4013
Original post by ahmmm
ive done atp and ions - someone said that ions came up a couple of years ago but it hasn't - not sure which others ones to do :\ which ones you doing??

ive just done importance of water in biological processes and inorganic ions, and i dont think inorganic ions has came up in the past 3 years, going to do ATP now, and maybe energy transfers
Ok, practice question guys:

Explain how chemical mediators like histamines differ from hormonal control?

Why can oestrogen and progesterone be taken as an oral pill but not LH or FSh?

Explain how the strucure of siRNA differs from mRNA?

Why is PCR heated to 72 degrees after primers bond?

Describe the second messenger system, with reference to adrenaline?

Why do cones see in colour?
Reply 4015
Original post by flyylikejetz
Question 2b June 2012 i don't how you get the answer between 29545-30455
i get 20454.54 ?

When they photocopy the papers or put them online the photos are re-scaled so you probs won't get the same number :smile:
Original post by DrewYouTwo
Man how do they sleep? Literally

beats me !!!
Reply 4017
Original post by LitGeek94
Physiology... as in...? :s-smilie:
Sorry, i think my brain is frying out lol

Nerve impulse
Muscle contraction
Digestion
etc
This may sound reckless but I don't think I am going to do essays, I am just gonna learn the knowledge and apply it to whatever essay comes up tomorrow. =l

EDIT:
PLEASE NO DNA TECH QUESTIONS/ESSAYS! DX
Reply 4019
when was the last time ATP came up for an essay?

Latest

Trending

Trending