The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCE Biology Unit 5 6BI05 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1020
Original post by anaab.naeem
I don't know why it's getting dislikes :frown: Now I'm sad haha
But uhm, someone posted them on another website so I was just wondering if someone could help me with them

All those questions you gave are answered some where on this thread.
Reply 1021
Original post by I Hate Edexcel
Ahhh bricking it.

I'm aiming for a U :drool: best grade.
Omg I absolutely love the biology mark schemes lol, they're so generous/have so many marking points + the scientific article is half copying out of the article lmao. Just did 4 past papers and because the grade boundaries are so ridiculously low, my crappy 80% marks got me 120 UMS in all 4 LOL.

Guys just make sure you know the course content/have done a few past papers and you're set.
Reply 1023
Original post by C94
Oh. I have been hearing about the mischief edexcel have been up to. I wish you all good Luck.

do you do OCR?
Reply 1024
Original post by Maybenexttime
Omg I absolutely love the biology mark schemes lol, they're so generous/have so many marking points + the scientific article is half copying out of the article lmao. Just did 4 past papers and because the grade boundaries are so ridiculously low, my crappy 80% marks got me 120 UMS in all 4 LOL.

Guys just make sure you know the course content/have done a few past papers and you're set.

How many past papers did you attempt?

are you kidding? i swear you're the only one saying that
the mark schemes are so specific! and i know my course and the mark scheme have totally different answers :/
Original post by Sly1
How many past papers did you attempt?

Only done 4, tbh I don't think you really need to do more than 2-3, just make sure you know all the material.
Reply 1027
Original post by Alia223
do you do OCR?

Yes
Reply 1028
Original post by C94
Yes

Is it true that OCR is an easy exam board for Biology?
Reply 1029
Original post by confusedgirl22
the mark schemes are so specific! and i know my course and the mark scheme have totally different answers :/

I agree with you

I dunno just by saying general points/key words you can gain sooo many marks. And often the mark scheme says: "/eq" meaning or equivalent, so by just saying a general concept you can get the marks.

It worked for me in Unit 4 January, got 120 UMS just by memorising the course content and doing 2-3 past papers. Don't worry you'll be fine!
Original post by Sly1
I agree with you

how are you revising? :/
Can any explain when summation is involved? Like at what stage? Is it strictly to do with the depolarising of the post-synaptic membrane?
I dunno just by saying general points/key words you can gain sooo many marks. And often the mark scheme says: "/eq" meaning or equivalent, so by just saying a general concept you can get the marks.

It worked for me in Unit 4 January, got 120 UMS just by memorising the course content and doing 2-3 past papers. Don't worry you'll be fine!

if thats the case den u have to help me mate.... how to actually answer the question? i mean how do u knw wat specific content u have to put in ur answers after reading a question
Reply 1034
Original post by nomrota95
thankyou! :smile:

Habituation will affect how the organism responds the next time it receives that stimulus. E.g. if you tried the same thing with the snail the next day they would already put their eye things out quicker and take less pokes to become habituated.

Adaptation is when the sensory receptors have released all their neurotransmitters and can't stimulate the neurone again until they have had time to re-uptake or re-synthesise.
Reply 1035
how are you revising? :/

cgp revision book, snab student book, snab revision guide and past papers
hey,,,im not under standing the answer to the question of january 2011 paper question 5 c(i)............saw the markscheme bt cant understand what it actually means..anyone please help me out..
Reply 1037

I agree to some extent but im sure alot of the time the answers in the mark scheme seems completely irrelevant to what the question was asking!!! it really annoys me!!!

congrats on your 120!! i feel like i did all that and more past papers but ended up with a D!! >:frown: what did you get at as?
Original post by hussaincute
if thats the case den u have to help me mate.... how to actually answer the question? i mean how do u knw wat specific content u have to put in ur answers after reading a question

The rule always hammered home by teachers 24/7 is "read the question" - read the question and before writing your answer, imagine what points will be on the mark scheme. Try not to waffle (by only write things that will get you marks), and never ever leave a question blank lol, writing some random **** might still get you marks.

Has always worked for me!
The rule always hammered home by teachers 24/7 is "read the question" - read the question and before writing your answer, imagine what points will be on the mark scheme. Try not to waffle (by only write things that will get you marks), and never ever leave a question blank lol, writing some random **** might still get you marks.

Has always worked for me!

the things u have mentioned are the basics for me for any paper i do... but wat seems not to be working for me is that whenever i see the markscheme the content is completely different from wat i have learnt frm books ... watever i write in exams perfectly makes sense to the question but the mark scheme has some of the answers which r not even related to the questions ... this gets me confused every time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending