Original post by kingster123
any1 explain neuromuscular junction in muscle thanks

1. action potential arrives at synaptic knob
2. calcium ions diffuse in
3. vesicles fuse with pre synaptic membrane
4. release neurotransmitters
5. neurotransmitters fuse across synaptic cleft
6. neurotransmitters bind with receptors on post-synaptic membrane
7. triggers an action potential in post-synaptic membrane with calcium ions again

remember is it is a cholinergic synapse, the neurotransmitter is called ACh, and is broken down by AChE and reabsorbed

sorry if i made any mistakes :smile:
what time are people sleeping today?
I've been told by lots of people that 4 topics in depth is enough an essay... any thoughts?
Reply 4104
Original post by master y
:afraid:

my sleeping pattern is as ****ed up as tulisa constavovolvolas so ill be getting to sleep around 3 - gotta be up at 6, in college for 8:30 to revise till this exam. ****ed.
Original post by LitGeek94
I've been told by lots of people that 4 topics in depth is enough an essay... any thoughts?

apparently we need to cover three of the four units, and have around 3 or 4 topics :smile:

and 2 beyond the spec stuff :frown:
Reply 4106
Original post by Tikara
I'd love an essay on, ATP, water, or enzymes :P

loads of people have said water, is it likely? might revise that too just in case
Reply 4107
anybody got any off spec stuff for water, inorganic ions or ATP !?
Original post by stoppy123
Correct :nod:

THANK YOU for the help!! :biggrin:
Reply 4109
Original post by ahmmm
is uses of water likely? :eek:

maybe... but this is aqa and they like to be unpredictable.
:mad:
Original post by ameliestia
1. action potential arrives at synaptic knob
2. calcium ions diffuse in
3. vesicles fuse with pre synaptic membrane
4. release neurotransmitters
5. neurotransmitters fuse across synaptic cleft
6. neurotransmitters bind with receptors on post-synaptic membrane
7. triggers an action potential in post-synaptic membrane with calcium ions again

remember is it is a cholinergic synapse, the neurotransmitter is called ACh, and is broken down by AChE and reabsorbed

sorry if i made any mistakes :smile:

oh thanks i was wondering if you had to put sarcolemma and tbubles in your answer
Reply 4111
Original post by EllieSp
what are some ideas for the uses of water in an essay?

Im thinking;
water as electron donor in photolysis in electron transport chain of photosynthesis
water needed in sweat for thermoregulation
in plants to keeps cells turgid
dilution of urea
there are things about water potential and osmosis;
movement of water into plant roots
cholera and loss of water
blood glucose and water potential

hmmm not much :angry:

hydrolysis maybe, by-product of many reactions (photosynthesis)
Reply 4112
Original post by kdk
Question 5- b, jUNE 2011 .... If there is already one recognition site on the plasmid, and only 3 fragments are produced, doesn't it mean that there is only one recognition site on the unknown piece of DNA?
Thanks

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-BIOL5-W-QP-JUN11.PDF

No there is two, as the DNA is circular.
Original post by ameliestia
apparently we need to cover three of the four units, and have around 3 or 4 topics :smile:

and 2 beyond the spec stuff :frown:

I heard the out the spec stuff only needs to be a paragraph... even then, I can't do it lol
Reply 4114
Original post by kingster123
any1 explain neuromuscular junction in muscle thanks
thx

Where a motor neuron meets a muscle fibre. Same principles as synapses but the post synaptic membrane is now a sarcolemma (muscle cell membrane).

Like most synapses acetylcholinesterase breaks down the acetylcholine for reabsorption after stimulating the Na+ channels to open.

And the nerve impulse travels through the membrane to cause the release of Ca2+ from the sarcoplasmic reticulum (causing contraction)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ahmmm
done the ATP and inorganic ions essay plans - is there any others i should reaaaaaally be doing?

please please please could you post your plan for the inorganic essay plan as im struggling! other people have also said 'the importance of water' is an essay that is likely to come up
sarcoplasm
Reply 4117
Original post by havana-affair
Is it worth the effort of relearning the lungs, Bcells and Tcells :frown:

I'd learn a lung disease because it could be useful on an essay title about disease or transfer across membranes.
anyone else sit bio4 in january and has forgotten the specific details of respiration and photosynthesis?
could someone please explain the answers to 9d(i) and 9d(ii) for the June 2010 paper. I don't understand why the answers are what they are.

Also, Q1(b), one of the answers is 'Gravity' and I don't understand why that is?

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-BIOL5-W-QP-JUN10.PDF
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-BIOL5-W-MS-JUN10.PDF

Latest

Trending

Trending