The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2620
Original post by asdfgah
So I can't run a solid 6K anymore (boooo) but managed it with occasional walking bits. Running made me feel the strongest I have for a while, so that is good. Decent number of calories burned as well, am hoping to go to the pub later so should make me feel less guilty about drinking.

That is good, your fitness is far better than mine :tongue: Enjoy the evening at the pub :smile: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2621
Original post by Kindred
(sorry to butt in) probably worth giving NHS a call on 111 then just to be safe. Don't want your foot dropping off afteral. :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it gets any worse I'll bear them in mind, thanks. And I dunno. In the right circumstances I reckon it could make for quite an amusing practical joke. :tongue:

Original post by Anonymous
Are you at home or uni? Because if you're at uni, there's definitely a MIU as I went right by it the other day. :tongue: And feet are useful, you might want to keep it.

Oh I didnt know that. Am still not going though. :tongue:
Have no plans to become a professional footballer and I am quite an accomplished hopper, so I don't think it would be such an inconvenience.

ps. Proof of my hopping skills: I won the sack race 4 years in a row at primary school :proud: :teehee:
pps. Just out of general wonderings whereabouts is the MIU?
(edited 10 years ago)
Ok need a little help got kicked out of Uni for depression in 2010 recovering slowly(Spent 2 years drunk after getting kicked out! Didn't drink at Uni as was on meds) However should I have got supported by the Uni at all?
(edited 10 years ago)
all iv done today is lay in bed, sleep, eat filling foods, and be a zombie. even when i popped down to my nutty (not a real) nanas house to do a job for her, i was just a zombie.

my dads pissed me off (no change there then) and i just feel **** :s-smilie:
this is why i dont talk to him, he makes me feel like i dont exist when i do talk to him :cry2:
Reply 2624
I'm so tired of everything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Back from holiday! :hi:

Will catch up on the thread later, in the meantime hope everyone's doing well. :grouphugs:
Last exam tomorrow...... gah cannot wait for it to be over.... then maybe i can concentrate on my mental health for once and try to get better :/
Reply 2627
Exam tomorrow morning :sad:. Still another one after that, really want all this to finish. Not looking forward to the summer either, most people I know seem to have everything sorted for having a great time :cry2:. Must somehow survive :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Welshandy11
Ok need a little help got kicked out of Uni for depression in 2010 recovering slowly(Spent 2 years drunk after getting kicked out! Didn't drink at Uni as was on meds) However should I have got supported by the Uni at all?

I'm by no means an expert but think the uni should have supported you (possibly legally required to, I'm not sure :confused:). What do you mean when you say they kicked you out? Did you fail your exams and if so had you informed the uni about your circumstances?

Hope you're okay :smile: Great to hear you're recovering
Reply 2629
Original post by superwolf
Back from holiday! :hi:

Will catch up on the thread later, in the meantime hope everyone's doing well. :grouphugs:

Hey :smile: hope you had an amazing time :yep: hope everything is well :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sadpanda123
I'm by no means an expert but think the uni should have supported you (possibly legally required to, I'm not sure :confused:). What do you mean when you say they kicked you out? Did you fail your exams and if so had you informed the uni about your circumstances?

Hope you're okay :smile: Great to hear you're recovering

I was in year 2 an missed a month which apparently breached policy regarding attendance Uni was made aware of illness but just didn't really care made me feel worst. Thanks for reply
Original post by avhhs
Exam tomorrow morning :sad:. Still another one after that, really want all this to finish. Not looking forward to the summer either, most people I know seem to have everything sorted for having a great time :cry2:. Must somehow survive :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: you can do this.
if you need anyone to PM then feel free to PM me. After tomorrow I'm exam free so will probably be spending all my time on here (because I'm cool like that... little internet weirdo that i am :rolleyes: )
Was trying to do an online CBT exercise today, writing down thoughts I have about myself then reasons why I think I'm okay. I was surprised by how hard it was to think of any positive things about myself ; even the ones I've now got don't feel that positive. I suppose at least I tried though.

Got to see my therapist again this week. Maybe it was just in my head but I felt she was a bit irritated with me, I assume because I've not made much progress :frown: I've to contact some more universities about the situation with my course before I go back to her but don't know if I can face it, I hate it when I get flooded with upsetting emails for a week or so.

I don't know how much longer I can cope with this. When I first started with the therapist we discussed the pain outweighing coping resources thing and I feel if anything my pain has increased since then. And I really don't know how to cope better, I'm not even sure what they mean when they talk about increasing coping resources.
Original post by avhhs
Hey :smile: hope you had an amazing time :yep: hope everything is well :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, it was great. :biggrin: Hope you're doing good too. :smile:
Original post by Welshandy11
I was in year 2 an missed a month which apparently breached policy regarding attendance Uni was made aware of illness but just didn't really care made me feel worst. Thanks for reply

I would see about making a complaint about that possibly, especially if they claim on their website to support equality/diversity in their students.

I know in the workplace you legally need to make 'reasonable adjustments' for people with disabilities and health issues etc, however I'm not sure if universities need to do this for students or not. If they have a disabilities office or similar (or even just the students union) possibly email them to ask whether anything could be done about this.
Reply 2635
Original post by ANONYM00SE
:hugs: you can do this.
if you need anyone to PM then feel free to PM me. After tomorrow I'm exam free so will probably be spending all my time on here (because I'm cool like that... little internet weirdo that i am :rolleyes: )

I hope so :sad:. May do that later on. Good luck for tomorrow's exam :smile:. I'm often on the internet too :rolleyes:

Original post by superwolf
Thanks, it was great. :biggrin: Hope you're doing good too. :smile:

Nice, where did you go? I'm doing ok thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, how's everyone?

Posting on here since a long time.
Reply 2637
I feel like such a burden. :sigh:
I might've complained about them in the past, but my housemates are spending a lot of time looking after me atm. Feel like crap cos they're good people so they feel like they have to, but is such an unfair chore on them. Don't wanna be this person. :cry:
Original post by avhhs
I hope so :sad:. May do that later on. Good luck for tomorrow's exam :smile:. I'm often on the internet too :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

we are cool kids :cool:
ok :smile:
I know this isn't all that helpful but even if you don't do as well as you hoped, it isn't the end of the road, you can take a different path to your destination :smile: :hugs:
thank you!
Reply 2639
Original post by ANONYM00SE
we are cool kids :cool:
ok :smile:
I know this isn't all that helpful but even if you don't do as well as you hoped, it isn't the end of the road, you can take a different path to your destination :smile: :hugs:
thank you!

:yep: :cool:
:tongue:

I dunno really, I obviously don't want to fail but it seems quite difficult at this stage. Keep having periods of time each day where I feel there is no point in anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile