The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mbisababe
the markschemes ****ed...its completely wrong, what youve written is correct :smile: there is alot of mistakes in that markscheme

haha ok! thank you :smile: :smile:
Ugh who decided to put a 25 mark synoptic essay in an already high-content based exam paper :banghead:
definitely the hardest out of 2010, 2011 and 2012
i got 69 in the paper, which was an A, but only because it was a decent essay at the end (the cycle one i think)

Oh god :frown:
I got 46/75 in the specimen paper as I didn't do the essay (just now), but in the 2010 one i got 72/100 with the essay, huge difference.
Really hope it's a NICE paper tomorrow :/
Reply 4263
Original post by TauMuon
Because 2 A* marks on the essay are for making points "outside the specification" people tend to go overboard learning wayyy more than they need.

I dunno about anyone else but I'm not bothered about those two marks I'm focusing on smashing the main exam part and then just writing ****loads for the essay :P
Reply 4264
I hope Energy transfer within living organisms is the essay!
Reply 4265
Original post by Mocking_bird
I really hope ATP essay comes up tomorrow... or enzymes... or something thats just broad like that.

If things like carbs, or water, or whatever come up i'll probably cry.

That's exactly how i feel aswell lol, preferably something i can apply quite a bit of biol4 and 5 knowledge with. Biol 1 and 2 are meehh
Original post by rm.xo
I hope Energy transfer within living organisms is the essay!

what points would you talk about here :s-smilie:
Does the nephron in the kiney count as a membrane?
Suuuuuper simple question but one I just have no idea about.. What is an 'inorganic ion'. :smile: examples would be great toooo, thanks!
Reply 4269
Original post by Mocking_bird
I really hope ATP essay comes up tomorrow... or enzymes... or something thats just broad like that.

If things like carbs, or water, or whatever come up i'll probably cry.

Lol @ carbs
Reply 4270
Original post by master y

I know I have no idea - I could do a 5 marker on this but not much more haha

I'm definitely gonna opt for the broader essay title tomorrow
Reply 4271
Ficks law anyone?
Reply 4272
have you tried the june 2011 paper?! pure hell, dont know how ill cope if the exams like that tomorrow :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

2010 was SO much worse!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4273
Original post by JessicaTSR
Suuuuuper simple question but one I just have no idea about.. What is an 'inorganic ion'. :smile: examples would be great toooo, thanks!

Inorganic means it does not contain carbon...so the majority of ions we have learnt:smile:
Reply 4274
Original post by master y

I sent you the essay?
I reckon the specimen paper is easier than the 2011 paper. Defo.
Original post by JessicaTSR

they're ions that are vital for cellular activity and don't contain carbon such as Ca2+,Mg, Na+ and K+,etc
Original post by YWArtist
Ficks law anyone?

Surface Area * Concentration Gradient / Length of diffusion pathway
Reply 4278
Im so happy that atleast,unlike edexcel, we can talk about the exam as soon as it is done! Hopefully we've all got something good to talk about! I'm sure this can not get worse than the edexcel C3 paper :|
Reply 4279
Original post by LitGeek94
Can someone just do a few notes on what to write if water importance essay comes up? There are plans in here but is mostly in note form, little bit extra would help please xx

Photolysis of water - Photosynthesis
Biproduct of respiration
Plants (Turgidity, Apoplastic/symplastic pathways)
Fish gaseous exchange
Organisms live in water (an incredibly obvious point but one that not only is correct but technically is outside the specification)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending