The Student Room Group

GCSE exams in May/June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by Aneesah_May
Got health and social on monday history on Wednesday any tips for either of these exams.

For history (I did WJEC), I made lists of dates, names, and figures and condensed them and then learnt them off by heart, the first two more than the figures sheet becaue I didn't have time. It helped so much! Try that...?
Reply 441
Original post by Aneesah_May
Got health and social on monday history on Wednesday any tips for either of these exams.

Which unit of history are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nombo
For history (I did WJEC), I made lists of dates, names, and figures and condensed them and then learnt them off by heart, the first two more than the figures sheet becaue I didn't have time. It helped so much! Try that...?

What you on in history so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jame1234
Gcse product design today 14th june 2013 anyonee Aqa?

I took the paper today ~ how did you find it? I thought it was really different from past papers, there were many things that I didn't expect to
come up and I really didn't like the batch production questions. How many marks do you think you got? :smile:
Reply 444
Original post by BubblyKYP
I took the paper today ~ how did you find it? I thought it was really different from past papers, there were many things that I didn't expect to
come up and I really didn't like the batch production questions. How many marks do you think you got? :smile:

Hi, i didn't take the paper today was just wondering what it was like haha i did it last year, and i was hoping last year that production wouldn't come up on mine cus i hated it haha what else was on it? :biggrin:
Reply 445
Original post by chank062
That isosceles triangle question got me really confused cause I thought an isosceles triangle had two similar sides, not all three :/

The same for me! I've never seen an isosceles triangle with three equal sides :/

I found the legal considerations for the school hard, but everything else was fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 446
Original post by gGinaa
Now one lol, just finished maths the calculator paper, now got history left for wednesday!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which history is it? I thought all the boards did it at the same time :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gGinaa
Which unit of history are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am doing edexel protest law and order so stuff like suffragettes poll tax miners strike.
Reply 448
Snap, will be my last one ! Any predictions as to which is likely to come up?
Reply 449
Original post by Millerman
What you on in history so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A*. Trust me, it is really helpful
Original post by nombo
A*. Trust me, it is really helpful

What's really helpful?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 451
Original post by Millerman
What's really helpful?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Making the lists.
Original post by nombo
Making the lists.

Yeah. I did my first 2 units last summer and then the last one earlier this week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 453
Does anyone have any idea what came up in the January exam for Edexcel B Protest Law and Order paper?
Reply 454
Original post by vics.hart
Does anyone have any idea what came up in the January exam for Edexcel B Protest Law and Order paper?

They dont do January exams anymore, sorry
Reply 455
Original post by kjackson
Which history is it? I thought all the boards did it at the same time :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have 3 history exams in total, finished two already and got one left on War and transformation of British society 1931-51 (option 3B), each exam counts as 1/4 of the final mark, and the controlled assessments count as 1/4 too, so yeah, may be the boards do it separately, dont know:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 456
Original post by gGinaa
I have 3 history exams in total, finished two already and got one left on War and transformation of British society 1931-51 (option 3B), each exam counts as 1/4 of the final mark, and the controlled assessments count as 1/4 too, my exam board is edexcel, may be the boards do it separately, dont know:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 457
Original post by Jame1234
They dont do January exams anymore, sorry

I don't know about that but they did do one in January 2013 and I wanted to find out which of the four topics came up as can only find past papers up until 2012.

Thanks anyway:smile:
Reply 458
Original post by gGinaa
I have 3 history exams in total, finished two already and got one left on War and transformation of British society 1931-51 (option 3B), each exam counts as 1/4 of the final mark, and the controlled assessments count as 1/4 too, so yeah, may be the boards do it separately, dont know:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Blimey that's a lot, I only had controlled assessment (one essay) that was 25%, and then two exams, one on international relations 1918-39 and Russia which was 45% and then one on Britain from 1890-1918 that was 30%. It would seem so :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vics.hart
I don't know about that but they did do one in January 2013 and I wanted to find out which of the four topics came up as can only find past papers up until 2012.

Thanks anyway:smile:

January 2013 was the last ones....

Do they still do Maths in November ?

Quick Reply

Latest