The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3,C4 June 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Theafricanlegend
So how?

Original post by brittanna
Only look if you're sure you want to see it

Spoiler

Edit: It seems as though people weren't too keen on the spoilers so I've removed them.

Spoiler

Any of you guys have any idea how hard they can make the vector questions...

like the final part may be related to the equation of a circle ... but can it get harder than this ? (I find that hard already)

Inclusion of circle geometry even...

Spoiler

Sorry, if it's been posted but what's the answer?:colondollar:
Reply 4223
Original post by SortYourLife
Sorry for butting in, but I do like these questions aha :biggrin:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371424714.565789.jpg

Excuse the paper :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

No probs thanks anyway for taking the time to answer my question! Lol is that joe jonas on your paper it sorta looks like him in his S.O.S days haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fortitude
Sorry, if it's been posted but what's the answer?:colondollar:

Spoiler

Reply 4225
Original post by posthumus

like the final part may be related to the equation of a circle ... but can it get harder than this ? (I find that hard already)

Yeah probably depending if Kate decides to make an appearance in our c4 paper in a form a vector question looool

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Thanks, but they wouldn't give us that or would they??:K:
Reply 4227
Oops, then just ignore the majority of what I've written :tongue: I assumed you did AQA because they're on the same day :colondollar:

Every examboard of Chem5 is in the same day!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sorry :colondollar:.Thank you for your forgiveness. I gave you some rep to make up for it.

Hahaha thanks. The people who negged your post must be extremely lazy and dislike clicking on things :lol:

Do you have an example of a circle one? Not sure if I've seen one of those before... :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, but they wouldn't give us that or would they??:K:

I guess it is possible they could, as there you know everything you need to solve it. But I highly doubt they'll put it on there. And if they did (which they almost certainly won't), it wouldn't be worth more than 2 marks as there isn't really any working you need to show, you can just go straight from the question to the answer.

Hi! Related to circles?! Which Q did you see this on? Vectors tend to be really tricky qs, there's one on page 83, Q6 in the textbook, it's actually easy though, but you might be able to do it anyway:tongue:
Original post by suncake

Do you have an example of a circle one? Not sure if I've seen one of those before... :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's been quite a while since I did the paper, but I didn't really bother much with it :tongue: I find vectors so hard :redface:

& I think it was in Jan 09 !
Hi! Related to circles?! Which Q did you see this on? Vectors tend to be really tricky qs, there's one on page 83, Q6 in the textbook, it's actually easy though, but you might be able to do it anyway:tongue:

Jan 09 paper :smile: I will have a go thanks !

After C3... I am expecting all sorts of funky stuff to come up :tongue: But I think these "different" questions Edexcel are putting into their exams now, are hard to be prepared for
Original post by orange94
Yeah probably depending if Kate decides to make an appearance in our c4 paper in a form a vector question looool

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kate was standing at position J which was (9i + 4j + 0k) with respect to the origin O where her camera was, she quickly needed to get to position M (17i -7j -2k) where the marathon was starting. The road she was standing on was perpendicular to the road where the marathon was starting. Calculate the minimum time it will take her to reach the marathon after collecting her camera assuming she walks at a rate of 0.00215m/h?

:p:p:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahah, but last question wasnt the hardest at all. In my eyes it was q7. didnt get similar triangles at all! Coupled by silly mistakes with ln questions..
Jan 09 paper :smile: I will have a go thanks !

After C3... I am expecting all sorts of funky stuff to come up :tongue: But I think these "different" questions Edexcel are putting into their exams now, are hard to be prepared for

Exactly that because no matter what it's unlikely that people will have come across the funky stuff they put in anywhere before as it's all about application:rolleyes: So I guess the best thing to do, is what I think let people down in C3, is to not panic & try to take it slowly (but no too slowly:tongue:) . Easier said than done, definitely. :smile:
Original post by Zaphod77
That's what I do, it makes sense to me! :smile:

i recenly did a solomon intergration question where ln(something) became negative but they took it as positive because they used modulus, i heard in c4 exam conditions they wont do this?
No probs thanks anyway for taking the time to answer my question! Lol is that joe jonas on your paper it sorta looks like him in his S.O.S days haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah aha it's just a camp rock notebook I bought years ago and have for scrap paper ahah :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by masryboy94
haha that awkward moment when he does better than you in that exam !

Hahaha its possible as am doing **** all atm tbh im not trying much for c4 as after my c3 my chances for the grade i need are so dire but since theres stilk a 1% chance so i should start i guess i dont want regrets after tuesday an all nighter and a full day coming right up! Should be fun
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by otrivine
No, its fine, I know the formula I just suddenly had no clue cause I never saw the style of question on the edexcel cause it was asked on a solomon paper.

But thank you for your concern :smile:

Im sorry i was just stressed at the time :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending