The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Any one applying to Scarborough campus of hull uni??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Mzee
Hi! I will be going into on- site catered Accomodation :smile: I will be getting a laptop, don't want to risk it!! Would you also recommend getting my own small printer, just incase?

Freshers week, won't be biting a wristband, will just hopefully have a few friends and will make our own plan :smile:
Thankyou
EmmaJayne

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it's probably better to have the laptop, I didn't have one for a while and it was a pain, especially living 20 mins away from uni.

I have a printer but to be honest it's often broken/out of ink so I usually end up relying on the uni printers :tongue: I think if you're living at Cayley Halls it's not much of a big deal to print your assignment at the uni before you hand it in. It doesn't really matter much either way though. :smile:
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by Matkinson
Hey, nice to see so many people doing the Primary Teaching course. I'm in my first year doing Primary Teaching and remembered how much I wanted information about Scarborough before I started my course. Feel free to ask any questions.

Are there any exams to take within the course? X
Reply 62
Hey, I'm also starting Primary Teaching - very excited! X
Reply 63
Freshers week was very good! It was the people who made it though, the nights out in general get veryyyyyy samey because Catch The Wave Events only use a 1 bar for its student nights. It's extremely cheap and I find myself going out quite a lot (every Wednesday). If you're in accommodation you will have a decent time at Freshers, purely because of the novelty of moving in and meeting people and the fact it's actually alright. Music sucks so, so badly though.

Put it this way, I'm looking forward to Freshers just as much as I did before I started.

Also, on the accommodation question, all accommodation has a fridge so you won't need another one. There are no exams for the Primary Teaching, it's all assignment based.
Reply 64
Freshers week was very good! It was the people who made it though, the nights out in general get veryyyyyy samey because Catch The Wave Events only use a 1 bar for its student nights. It's extremely cheap and I find myself going out quite a lot (every Wednesday). If you're in accommodation you will have a decent time at Freshers, purely because of the novelty of moving in and meeting people and the fact it's actually alright. Music sucks so, so badly though.

Put it this way, I'm looking forward to Freshers just as much as I did before I started.

Also, on the accommodation question, all accommodation has a fridge so you won't need another one. There are no exams for the Primary Teaching, it's all assignment based.

Don't forget Bonker's Wednesdays! :tongue: Blue Lounge and Quid's are actually so similar though that I agree with you about the nights out being very same-y. For that reason I've kind of grew to prefer house parties, at least to some extent.
Reply 65
There are no exams for the Primary Teaching, it's all assignment based.

Thank you. I'm relieved to hear that cause I am fed up with exams with my a2 ones x
Reply 66
Original post by alabelle
Don't forget Bonker's Wednesdays! :tongue: Blue Lounge and Quid's are actually so similar though that I agree with you about the nights out being very same-y. For that reason I've kind of grew to prefer house parties, at least to some extent.

I guess so, Blue Lounge is the only other place I go but that's always before I go to Quids haha. Yeah, I agree. Sometimes I have more fun at pre-drinks in the houses than when I actually go out.
Reply 67
are black pants more appropriate for the placements or are leg gins with long top/boots ok?
Reply 68
Original post by LauraMH
are black pants more appropriate for the placements or are leg gins with long top/boots ok?

Hey, I'm going into second year Primary Teaching.

I mixed it up a bit, I usually wore black trousers and a blouse but sometimes wore dresses and leggings or skirts with tights or leggings, it's always safer to wear black trousers though and see what the other female staff at the school wear. At the school I was at the younger females wore dresses and skirts so i did too, I wouldn't wear leggings and a top though... I always made sure that my dress/skirt was almost knee length so nothing was on show, even though I wore it with leggings.
Reply 69
Original post by jkelly18
Hey, I'm going into second year Primary Teaching.

I mixed it up a bit, I usually wore black trousers and a blouse but sometimes wore dresses and leggings or skirts with tights or leggings, it's always safer to wear black trousers though and see what the other female staff at the school wear. At the school I was at the younger females wore dresses and skirts so i did too, I wouldn't wear leggings and a top though... I always made sure that my dress/skirt was almost knee length so nothing was on show, even though I wore it with leggings.

Thank you!!
Reply 70
I guess so, Blue Lounge is the only other place I go but that's always before I go to Quids haha. Yeah, I agree. Sometimes I have more fun at pre-drinks in the houses than when I actually go out.

I like quids been good this year I don't think the student nights have been that similar. got nothing on a Attenborough house party though :wink:
Reply 71
anyone wants to know about the business courses let me know :smile:
Reply 72
Original post by sdh12345
I like quids been good this year I don't think the student nights have been that similar. got nothing on a Attenborough house party though :wink:

Really? I'm due to be a warden there next year so I hope that's true! Everything I've heard so far is that attenbrough is really quiet...
Reply 73
Really? I'm due to be a warden there next year so I hope that's true! Everything I've heard so far is that attenbrough is really quiet...

ahah good luck and LOL no its not been quiet this year lol do you know anyone from att from this year ?
Reply 74
Original post by sdh12345
ahah good luck and LOL no its not been quiet this year lol do you know anyone from att from this year ?

Nah, I don't. I lived at The George in first year though (two years ago) and people there used to go to Attenbrough but I got the impression that it was quiet. I was speaking to the landlady from one of the houses next door last week and she didn't even know it was a student house until recently!
Reply 75
Nah, I don't. I lived at The George in first year though (two years ago) and people there used to go to Attenbrough but I got the impression that it was quiet. I was speaking to the landlady from one of the houses next door last week and she didn't even know it was a student house until recently!

which one be careful of the crazy one lol, but yea we have had a lot of the rugby socials round ours this year, a few house parties but since the sun came out we used to move all the sofas out front and play music so that's surprising.
Reply 76
I was feeling like its only me down early childhood studies!! Thank god it's not! Are you all staying in caley or are you staying elsewhere?

Emily x
Reply 77
I'm in Carlton house x
Reply 78

I spent most of my time at Attenborough last year and I say "quiet" is probably the last word I would ever use in order to describe that place hahahaha. Such good fun. Whoever inherits the place next year with you should have a class time.
i'm in carlton house.. i'm doing early childhood studies :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest