The Student Room Group

AQA PHYA4 ~ 13th June 2013 ~ A2 Physics

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fizzbizz
I believe the anticipated method was to use the fact that peak induced emf is equal to BANω BAN\omega (as given in the data and formulae booklet)

BAN could be found by reading the peak value of magnetic flux linkage from the graph, and angular speed could be found by seeing how long one oscillation took..

The peak BAN value was 0.55 Wb turns, and the angular speed was 2π40×103 \frac{2\pi}{40\times 10^{-3}}

Plugging these values into the equation gives a value of 86.4V for the induced emf!

It sucks becuase the first thing I thought of was using the BANw formula, but we weren't explicitly given B, A and N so I thought it wasn't applicable :frown:

I really don't get why my gradient didn't give me 86. I really checked it. Someone else on this thread got 100, and that's why I'm so obsessed about it. Man I have failed!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cooldudeman
I really don't get why my gradient didn't give me 86. I really checked it. Someone else on this thread got 100, and that's why I'm so obsessed about it. Man I have failed!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey look, if there was quite a few people to employ your method of finding the maximum emf, they might well have an alternative in the mark scheme! They might have a range of acceptable values, say 80 to 120!

Measuring the gradient manually is surely a valid method as opposed to using calculus
Original post by fizzbizz
Hey look, if there was quite a few people to employ your method of finding the maximum emf, they might well have an alternative in the mark scheme! They might have a range of acceptable values, say 80 to 120!

Measuring the gradient manually is surely a valid method as opposed to using calculus

That's a massive range but I hope you're right. Try do q2bi on page 134 without the gradient methpd (that's the way the MS does it).

Nelson thornew BTW. The graph given is a bit different but A and N are constants so it shouldn't make a difference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Sorry I've been working all weekend, give me 20minutes and the paper will be up.(only section B)
Original post by Robmarkey
Sorry I've been working all weekend, give me 20minutes and the paper will be up.(only section B)

Yeah please would you asap

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1105

Hey man, don't worry about not having section A complete before putting it up. It's great that you want to get everything complete and checked before you post it but the main thing is that we get to see the question because then we can all go through it together! So if you can put up A at the same time there will be some major rep points for you, i'm sure.
Reply 1106

Hey man, would it be possible to just photograph the pages and upload them? It would be much quicker than having to write out the entire paper. I really need to know how I have done and prioritise either maths or physics
Reply 1107

Hi, without meaning to be rude, but it has been 4 hours.. So if you could please find the time to upload the paper that'd be great, it will tell me if I need to do more physics revision or maths revision for an A*. Of course if you are busy revising yourself I don't want to disrupt you!

Thanks!
Reply 1108
Personally, I think he's just ****ing with us haha
Reply 1109
Original post by Pgpacker
Personally, I think he's just ****ing with us haha

Same here. :ditto:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1110

Bull****

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everyone neg this troll
Reply 1113

Why are you doing this to us? I need to know what lies in my future and you are just stringing us along with the false pretence that you actually have the paper. Do you really have so much pride that you cannot admit you don't have the paper? Also when you say you have been busy all weekend, and if you do have the paper all it takes is a few snapshots on your smartphone and hit the button upload, 2-3 mins tops. Have you really had such a horribly packed weekend that you do not have the time to do this?
Can everyone at least try to ask their teachers if they have it. I will too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1115
Original post by kvohra
Why are you doing this to us? I need to know what lies in my future and you are just stringing us along with the false pretence that you actually have the paper. Do you really have so much pride that you cannot admit you don't have the paper? Also when you say you have been busy all weekend, and if you do have the paper all it takes is a few snapshots on your smartphone and hit the button upload, 2-3 mins tops. Have you really had such a horribly packed weekend that you do not have the time to do this?

Well said, can I ask what you want to do at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got the paper but I will upload it on Thursday after exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ehtisham_1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dude why not now. Just take pics. Only takes 10 minutes. some of us are not motivated for the next exam unless we see our previous. We are all dying here!! Uploaddddd

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1118

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah because ill remember what I wrote then. And it will help a lot in deciding which exams need prioritising, oh wait we would have sat them...

Why say you'll do something if you have no intention of doing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1119

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can't be serious bro! Get a move on and get it up....10mins is all it takes and in return you'll get a lifetime of gratitude from fellow (desperate) TSRians.

Seriously man, there are only so many ways a person can beg before they lose all dignity...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending