The Student Room Group

Step Up to Social Work 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by deankb1
I am attending the assessment centre in Birmingham on the 24th.

Im so scared! You local to Birmingham ?
Original post by AAthert
Im there too, gettin really worried now. What time you there?

i am there at 9, you? Have you done any preparation?
Reply 162
Original post by rrough90
Im so scared! You local to Birmingham ?
<br />
<br />

I'm not really local, I live in Stafford so I'm going to get the train down first thing in order to avoid traffic issues and probably get there a good hour or so early. Are you local to Birmingham? What area are you applying for?
Reply 163
Original post by xxlauraxx27
i am there at 9, you? Have you done any preparation?

I'm here now, really worried. Nope done no prep. How you think it went?
Reply 164
Original post by AAthert

Good luck- my interview is Thursday! Im nervous but excited too. what to wear?! Its so hard because there is no way to prepare!
Reply 165
Original post by MDaisy
Good luck- my interview is Thursday! Im nervous but excited too. what to wear?! Its so hard because there is no way to prepare!

Have you attended the written?
Original post by AAthert

Hiya...hope it went well for you this morning. At least we only have to wait until Wednesday to find out if we're through to the next stage. Without being specific how did you feel about the assessment? I felt that one hour was a real stretch...so much more I could've written given the time :frown: Not sure I've done enough to be honest. X
Reply 167
Original post by Winstonsone
Hiya...hope it went well for you this morning. At least we only have to wait until Wednesday to find out if we're through to the next stage. Without being specific how did you feel about the assessment? I felt that one hour was a real stretch...so much more I could've written given the time :frown: Not sure I've done enough to be honest. X

I was really worried when I first came out but now iv thought about it everything I wrote I think I completley relevant so fingers crossed. How you think it went? An hour wasn't long enought there was so much more I could have wrote... I don't think iv done awful but not sure if I did enough. X
I think it was okay too but agree that one hour was not enough time...I spent too much time making notes! Do you know how many people got through to written assessment stage?
Reply 169
Original post by Scr4bbleR
Hi there, i'm new to the site and notice you are attending the assessment centre on the 24th. I've applied to Wigan LA too and i'm also attending on the 24th. Just wanted to wish you luck. :smile: x

Good luck to you too! I guess I'll see you there :smile:
hi everyone, just found this site after spending hours trying to find information on the programme. I have been succussful and invited to the assessment day in sheffield on 21 June for Yorkshire and Humberside, i think i have seen a few other people who are there as well.

I do wish we could have a little insight into the tasks it would help settle the nerves! by the sound of it we are all dreading the role plsy, so fingers crossef everyone and good luck, sorry to the unsuccesful candidates i really feel for you x
Hi everyone, I have been invited to sheffield on 25th. Would appreciate any insight with regards to questions etc if anyone has done an assessment centre for step up.

Think they will replace step up with something called frontline for those who didnt get through this time.
Mine is in Salford on the 20th - likewise, any advice/tips would be gratefully received.
hi donnam1983

is yours for yorkshire and humberside, as mines in sheffield but did not give the option of dates just the 21st
x
Reply 174
Hi,
congratulations to the people who have got through to the assessment centre:smile:

Has anyone heard from Westminster and got an assessment date yet??
Original post by Jazzybabe
Hi,
congratulations to the people who have got through to the assessment centre:smile:

Has anyone heard from Westminster and got an assessment date yet??

I rang PENNA again today and they said if we don't hear today then it should be tomorrow morning. I applied to Surrey but I think That is the same region as you.
Reply 176
Original post by AAthert
Have you attended the written?

our LA must do it differently, as our written part of the assesssment is on the same day as the role play, group tasks and one to one interviews! Iv been researching all day! I work in a school that is in the top 150 most deprived , in the country , so I'm hoping that will be some good experience! If I get a place , I think I would actually jump for joy!!
Reply 177
Original post by takemethere
Good luck to you too! I guess I'll see you there :smile:

Good luck to the fellow Wiganers :smile:
Reply 178
Hi, I have applied for Westminster and have been invited to the assessment centre for West London Alliance on the 28th June, anyone else attending on this day? Any advice for the assessment centre would really be appreciated as I'm getting really nervous now.
I passed the written test! Shocked!!! Off to the final stage next week....eek so nervous! Anyone else from yesterday's assessment heard back yet? Xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending