The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Psychology: G544: Approaches and Research Methods - Monday 17th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by Skilled
good luck everyone!!! Make sure you don't have to worry about psychology ever again (unless your taking it further)!!!!! Smash it!!!

xD Love your motivation. ;D
How did everyone find it?
Reply 542
Original post by BooJackson
How did everyone find it?

I thought it was good :smile: Much nicer than January. What about yourself??
Original post by AliceD
I thought it was good :smile: Much nicer than January. What about yourself??

Yeah I thought is was okay :smile: Although I was a bit rushed on my last section B answer, but whatever, it's finally finished :biggrin:
Reply 544
Oh bloody hell case studies came up! And i was thinking about revising it last night but didn't :/ but how weird that behaviourist perspective came up but with freaking nature/nurture debate! I ha to blag the outline for it but i think every other question was okay! And woah questionnaires on section A too! Ha proper blagged my way through that as well! So I think it went okay but don't know how rubbish i've done :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 545
Yeah I thought is was okay :smile: Although I was a bit rushed on my last section B answer, but whatever, it's finally finished :biggrin:

Ohh,, I just had enough time to answer everything, then check through once. Which section B did you answer?? xxx
Original post by AliceD
Ohh,, I just had enough time to answer everything, then check through once. Which section B did you answer?? xxx

Yeah, I read through some bits, but just didn't like the last question and didn't have enough time to properly think about it :P
I did nature/nurture, how about you? xxx
Reply 547
Thought it was a good exam! Nothing to dodgy in terms of questions, wasn't too sure on 8E though!

Something to do with to what extent does the behaviourist approach support the nurture side of the nature/nurture debate.

Just couldn't think of why it didn't support it very well -_-
Original post by Joe Maz
Thought it was a good exam! Nothing to dodgy in terms of questions, wasn't too sure on 8E though!

Something to do with to what extent does the behaviourist approach support the nurture side of the nature/nurture debate.

Just couldn't think of why it didn't support it very well -_-

Yeah same as me! I just talked about nurture normally looking at the mind, and behaviourism rejecting it. It was definite bull**** :P
And I felt like there weren't many differences between behaviourism and physiological
Reply 549
Thankfully, OCR were fair this time! That was not a bad paper!

The "Two what extent" one was weird. But I said it was all nurture. ;D

I rushed with my handwriting though. Feel pity for the examiner marking my work. And I almost forgot to do the first question! (Because I did procedure first) and then like 2 seconds before the exam finished, I realised my hypothesis was unfinished so, in panic, I wrote what I could :tongue:

But not a bad paper :smile:
Reply 550
now freedom. I come. Here i come!
Reply 551
How weird in section A they asked for an "aim" of a study instead of a hypothesis lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 552
Ohh God, I forgot to answer the first question as I always do the procedure and write the aim, omg that 3 marks could be a difference between a C and a D. FREAKING HELL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 553
I did the attitudes to stress research and case studies on section B, what about everyone else?
Reply 554
Original post by Skilled
I did the attitudes to stress research and case studies on section B, what about everyone else?

I did attitudes to stress and nature-nurture/behaviourist i was gonna do case studies but i forgot everything about it :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 555
I think this was a Good Paper, definately better than Jan. :smile: I did the Behaviourist/Nature/Nurture one, but I had to rush the last 2 questions because I spent too much time on section 1. Hopefully I can get a B on this or I won't get into Uni. :frown:

Btw what did everyone put for the aim?, has an "aim" question ever come up before? I was a little surprised with that one.
Reply 556
Yeah, I read through some bits, but just didn't like the last question and didn't have enough time to properly think about it :P
I did nature/nurture, how about you? xxx

I did cast studies. I was gonna do n/n but didn't like a couple of the questions asked on it. What grade you hoping for??
Reply 557
Original post by mkhan9035
I did attitudes to stress and nature-nurture/behaviourist i was gonna do case studies but i forgot everything about it :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

well at least that's one common thing we did, I studied no debates or issues at all so that's why I went for case studies
Reply 558
i thought it was a great paper! i did the n/n behaviourist in section B and tbh you could of acted like the whole thing was behaviourist except for 8A cos it asks for both sides of the debate but the similarities and differences were two easy ones to compare coss you can argue nature and nurture again for a difference then reductionist or deterministic for a similarity! question e was tricky but for my against it supporting i talked about it using unnatrualistic envrionment like how in watson and raynor it is forcefully conditioned so doesnt support how we learn in nurture in real life so isnt representaive to be able to support it? but it was bull**** haha
Reply 559
Original post by Skilled
well at least that's one common thing we did, I studied no debates or issues at all so that's why I went for case studies

Lol I was opposite to you, I studied only the perspectives/approaches and blagged my way through the debate oh well! At least its over now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending