The Student Room Group

OCR Health and Social Care, Anatomy and Physiology, Exam on 17th June!!

Hey there, just wanted to create a new thread for those of you sitting the OCR Health and Social Care exam on 17th June on Anatomy and Physiology :biggrin: So if anyone is doing this very exam feel free to talk about how your feeling about the exam and to share any tips or advice as to how to do well in the exam ... Good Luck to anyone taking this exam!
Hi, I am also doing this exam, does anyone have any predictions on what might come up? :smile:
Reply 2
The cardiovascular system will definitely come up as I don't think it came up in January. There's a possibility something like a diagram of the brain or musculo-skeletal related will come up in a diagram I reckon, as this has never come up before. Probably male reproductive, renal and respiratory is my bet! I hope the essay at the end treats us well!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hclarke20
The cardiovascular system will definitely come up as I don't think it came up in January. There's a possibility something like a diagram of the brain or musculo-skeletal related will come up in a diagram I reckon, as this has never come up before. Probably male reproductive, renal and respiratory is my bet! I hope the essay at the end treats us well!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know as it is a 20 mark question! My teacher told me that this is usually how it affects a persons lifestyle e.g. (p)hysical (I)ntellectual (e)motional (S)ocial
Reply 4
Original post by RebeccaAdele123
I know as it is a 20 mark question! My teacher told me that this is usually how it affects a persons lifestyle e.g. (p)hysical (I)ntellectual (e)motional (S)ocial

Yeah it usually is to explain the causes and effects on lifestyle - I hope so anyway! Sometimes it can be tricky e.g. 'Smoking has been proven to damage healthy lung tissue and other body systems. Discuss the physiological effects that smoking can have on the respiratory system and other systems'
Which shouldn't be too bad it just takes a lot more thinking rather than using the built up knowledge of our dysfunctions and describing their causes and effects!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Don't think the reproductive system will come up this year, as it's been in january and june!
I did both! Haha!!
The questions they ask are similar for example in the cardiovascular they may ask about the difference between valves and arteries, and the blood cells! In the musculoskeletal system they my ask about the effect it has on people! PIES, self esteem, self concept etc.

As I'm doing it for the third time the only advice I'd give is remember paraghraps, as this can make a difference if you have level 2 or 3. So if they ask about diagnosis and treatment make sure there's a gap between both!

I hope this i the FINAL time I'll be doing this exam!
Pob Lwc :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elspels
Don't think the reproductive system will come up this year, as it's been in january and june!
I did both! Haha!!
The questions they ask are similar for example in the cardiovascular they may ask about the difference between valves and arteries, and the blood cells! In the musculoskeletal system they my ask about the effect it has on people! PIES, self esteem, self concept etc.

As I'm doing it for the third time the only advice I'd give is remember paraghraps, as this can make a difference if you have level 2 or 3. So if they ask about diagnosis and treatment make sure there's a gap between both!

I hope this i the FINAL time I'll be doing this exam!
Pob Lwc :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its mission impossible trying to learn everything, so much to do!!!
Reply 7
I know! You learn every system and theynonly include 4 or 5 in the exam -_- haha!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
How did people find this? I thought it could have been a lot better however other people in my class thought it was great!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by hclarke20
How did people find this? I thought it could have been a lot better however other people in my class thought it was great!<br />
<br />
<br />
<font size="1"><a href="http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app" target="_blank">Posted from TSR Mobile</a></font>
<br />
<br />

found it so difficult.. and so did the rest of us that took the paper.
Reply 10
Original post by nikki_w94
<br />
<br />

found it so difficult.. and so did the rest of us that took the paper.

Yeah! Having to give 2 functions of parts in the nephron and also osmoregulation I found really hard :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
The questions about the functions of the renal aystem was hard! Didn't answer them as I knew nothing :frown: and have never heard of the Osmergalurtion!!
The question about smoking in the end wasn't too bad, but I talked about all the system!
Can't say how it went though!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
This exam was hard it was so different from the other past papers. I know a lost lots of mark on renal system as it was so hard.:frown: Hopefully i done well and we will all find out our result in august.
Reply 13
Original post by SRM2013
This exam was hard it was so different from the other past papers. I know a lost lots of mark on renal system as it was so hard.:frown: Hopefully i done well and we will all find out our result in august.

totally agree. there's never been an 8 mark question on anything like osmoregulation. I didn't like the nephron. also, the digestive system wasn't great. such a huge space to write 2 functions.
Reply 14
Hey I'm also taking this exam but our teacher has left in october so we have no one teaching until after easter has anyone got any good revision notes, books or sites that I can use because it hard teaching yourself when you don't no how much depth you have to go into on one subject
Thank you hope you can help me xx
if you find any please someone get hold of me and just message me on facebook Leah Michelle as I am really struggling to revise this section of the exams and could really do with some help, thanks :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending