The Student Room Group

OCR PE G453 A2 - 19th June 2013

Seeing as there's not really a thread on this exam, I thought I'd make one. Only 3 days away. Anybody have any predictions on what is coming up? :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I reckon aggression in sport might come up
Reply 2
Ror the historical side, if you're doing that, Tennis hasn't come up at all for the 20 marker so that's a possibility. Also no questions on Drills, training and PE is state schools has come up in the past 2 exams so that's also a possibility.
Reply 3
Nice tennis would be decent. Is that the state schools stuff?
Reply 4
Tennis would be the development of the sport through Popular recreation rational recreation and public schools. The state schools would be on the different courses such as 1902, 1933, 1950's and 1970-80 national curriculum.
Reply 5
Does anybody have the paper from january 13?
Reply 6
I dont have the paper, but here is the mark scheme which I found online. The questions are sort of mentioned at the top of every section.
Reply 7
Original post by AydenM
I dont have the paper, but here is the mark scheme which I found online. The questions are sort of mentioned at the top of every section.

thanks a lot
Reply 8
Original post by tobyward
thanks a lot

No problem.
Reply 9
What are people thinking for the 20 marker comparative studies/psychology and Exercise Physiology essays please??
Reply 10
For AS I got A on coursework and C on exam = B overall
For A2 I got A on coursework....

Anyone know what I'll need on this exam to get a C?
Percentage wise or grades?
Reply 11
Original post by SPL
For AS I got A on coursework and C on exam = B overall
For A2 I got A on coursework....

Anyone know what I'll need on this exam to get a C?
Percentage wise or grades?

You need to calculate the UMS marks you need... for that you'd need to know the UMS marks you already have.
Reply 12
Original post by AydenM

You need to calculate the UMS marks you need... for that you'd need to know the UMS marks you already have.

I don't even attempt to look at the UMS marks, get in a muddle just looking at the values you come out with for certain grades.

I know it's
AS: 30% exam 20% c'work
A2: 35% exam 15% c'work
Reply 13
Original post by SPL
I don't even attempt to look at the UMS marks, get in a muddle just looking at the values you come out with for certain grades.

I know it's
AS: 30% exam 20% c'work
A2: 35% exam 15% c'work

Well If I were to guess your UMS marks, then Id say you'd need between 56-65 out of 105 for your C grade.

Dont quote me on that because I dont know your UMS marks so I'm probably wrong but if im not mistaken it should be around that area.
Reply 14
Original post by AydenM
Well If I were to guess your UMS marks, then Id say you'd need between 56-65 out of 105 for your C grade.

Dont quote me on that because I dont know your UMS marks so I'm probably wrong but if im not mistaken it should be around that area.

Is that just the UMS for this A2 you're talking about?
Reply 15
Original post by SPL
Is that just the UMS for this A2 you're talking about?

Not UMS marks... Raw marks.. the paper is out of 105 marks and you should need between 56-65 marks. Also its dependant upon the grade boundaries becuase they change so if the exam is harder, the grade boundaries will be lower so you will need less marks.
Reply 16
This A2 exam*
Reply 17
Original post by AydenM
Not UMS marks... Raw marks.. the paper is out of 105 marks and you should need between 56-65 marks. Also its dependant upon the grade boundaries becuase they change so if the exam is harder, the grade boundaries will be lower so you will need less marks.

Ye, feel confident on History and Psychology, just need to top up on Ex/Phys
Reply 18
Original post by SPL
Ye, feel confident on History and Psychology, just need to top up on Ex/Phys

I need an A overall in my PE a-level... this exam is so long, especially the three essays. The essays im not confident about at all though :s-smilie:
Reply 19
Original post by AydenM
I need an A overall in my PE a-level... this exam is so long, especially the three essays. The essays im not confident about at all though :s-smilie:

Sometimes it feels like you're squeezing blood out of a stone with the twenty markers, hence why they sometimes combine 2 topics on them. Here's hoping they're kind, best of luck anway - back to revision I go!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending