The Student Room Group

AQA Economics Unit 4 11th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
Original post by gingerandice
awe thank god, you scared me there! I did context 1.. almost in the same boat as you, I need 82ums for an a* but I didn't do so much revision for the paper as I needed to focus on sciences . Good luck!

You too! Me neither, so much other revision to do!!!
Original post by The Don.
Context was good,but didn't like the essays.

For the context about the EU being the best way to get growth, I split it into BRICs, EU and Fiscal policy, weighed up the advantages and disadvantages of achieving growth then concluded which I thought would be best for achieving growth.

Did you have to talk about the effects of growth? I didn't think the question warranted it... Was I wrong to not talk about the benefits and costs? It's just that the question asked what was the best way? Unless you linked it back to that, then wouldn't it be irrelevant?
Reply 862
Original post by Parkway Drive
Did you have to talk about the effects of growth? I didn't think the question warranted it... Was I wrong to not talk about the benefits and costs? It's just that the question asked what was the best way? Unless you linked it back to that, then wouldn't it be irrelevant?

Yes you had to say whether being in the EU is good for economic growth

I misinterpreted the question and wrote about a argument on the benefits and costs on being in the EU and my main argument was leaving the eu is good for economic growth which is wrong apparently

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by qr95

I misinterpreted the question and wrote about a argument on the benefits and costs on being in the EU and my main argument was leaving the eu is good for economic growth which is wrong apparently

Posted from TSR Mobile

The quote said whether the EU was the "best" source for economic growth so why wouldn't you be able to talk about trade with other countries being a better alternative for economic growth? The extract also mentioned the "global economy worsening" which I used in my essay so pretty sure it has some relevance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could anyone tell me the definition for a "double dip recession" ? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 865
Original post by curtisblackham
The quote said whether the EU was the "best" source for economic growth so why wouldn't you be able to talk about trade with other countries being a better alternative for economic growth? The extract also mentioned the "global economy worsening" which I used in my essay so pretty sure it has some relevance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes that's right what you have done
Reply 866
Original post by curtisblackham
Could anyone tell me the definition for a "double dip recession" ? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I messed this definition as I wasn't taught what it was. I defined recession then said two recessions in a row. But its a recession followed by short recovery then another recession I think
Original post by qr95
I messed this definition as I wasn't taught what it was. I defined recession then said two recessions in a row. But its a recession followed by short recovery then another recession I think

I wasn't taught this either but I defined a generic recession in the UK and then said that before an economy fully recovers they enter another recession.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qr95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, writing about whether being in the EU is good for growth is right, but its not about the effects of growth e.g. higher living standard?

Yeah, I almost misinterpreted the question. I briefly mentioned in my conclusion that they should not leave, just to cover myself as I was unsure.

But, hopefully, that doesn't give the examiner the wrong idea lol.
Reply 869
Original post by Parkway Drive
Yeah, writing about whether being in the EU is good for growth is right, but its not about the effects of growth e.g. higher living standard?

Yeah, I almost misinterpreted the question. I briefly mentioned in my conclusion that they should not leave, just to cover myself as I was unsure.

But, hopefully, that doesn't give the examiner the wrong idea lol.

Yh that's what I meant :P I totally messed that question up and the calculation ... not looking gd for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qr95
Yh that's what I meant :P I totally messed that question up and the calculation ... not looking gd for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh right.Yeah, I goofed on the calculation too. I was so mad lol.
Official Grade Boundaries - Unit 4 June 2013

A* - 68
A - 61
B - 54
C - 47
D - 41
E - 35
Reply 872
What did everyone get in economics, hope you all did good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qr95
What did everyone get in economics, hope you all did good

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 77/100 :smile: my retake for ECON 3 was awful (60/100) :lol:

I'm close to an A overall though due to some good AS exams :biggrin: Fingers crossed for getting a better ums for the remark.

How did you do? I hope you got what you needed :biggrin:
This exam was marked HARSH.
83 unit 1
77 unit 2 (retake previously got 72)
87 unit 3
73 unit 4

320 overall squeezed into an A! So happy haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 876
309/400 - Suprised I was that close to an A. I'll probably retake ECON4 to get the extra marks as I think I could've done better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 877
90 - unit1
90 - unit2
72 - unit3
67- unit4
319 total... So annoyed, remarking unit4 in the hope that I'll pick up one UMS somewhere
Can someone help me? I am not sure which exam I should get remarked ECON2 or ECON4 :s-smilie:

ECON2 - 82
ECON4 - 77

I am close to an A overall but the thing is I weren't that confident in ECON4 but managed to do quite well and people seem to be doing worse in this module than the others so it might have been marked harsh. On the other hand I thought I had done better in ECON2 I thought I'd get around the low 90's so now I don't know which one I ant remarking :frown:
Reply 879
Original post by JordanS94
Can someone help me? I am not sure which exam I should get remarked ECON2 or ECON4 :s-smilie:

ECON2 - 82
ECON4 - 77

I am close to an A overall but the thing is I weren't that confident in ECON4 but managed to do quite well and people seem to be doing worse in this module than the others so it might have been marked harsh. On the other hand I thought I had done better in ECON2 I thought I'd get around the low 90's so now I don't know which one I ant remarking :frown:

You could remark both? If your overall grade goes up you should get all the money refunded

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending