The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

I got 42/54 in January (Poetry Across Time Exam) and that converted to 68/70 nearly full ums points , and I thought the January paper was really nice... was the June paper really that much easier than the January ( if you have seen both)to justify such a jump in peoples predictions for grade boundaries .? I think it was 37 for an A* and 30 for an A in January 2013.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Kavoi08
Cool, thank you so much! :smile:

its ok well done btw! =D
Original post by LittleMia
In Section A, Character and Voice, did anyone compare Les Grands Seignors' with 'The River God'? :beard: Wish we could get our results now...AAAAH! I've not got a good feeling about this at all! :afraid:

I did!!!! Thought I was the only one.. Phew!!
Original post by Jennielou123
I did!!!! Thought I was the only one.. Phew!!

YAAAAAAAY!!! :clap2: :party::five: Lets just hope it's right now! :wink:
Original post by goldfish21
I got 42/54 in January (Poetry Across Time Exam) and that converted to 68/70 nearly full ums points , and I thought the January paper was really nice... was the June paper really that much easier than the January ( if you have seen both)to justify such a jump in peoples predictions for grade boundaries .? I think it was 37 for an A* and 30 for an A in January 2013.

I think the January paper seemed easier in my opinion but that was for the Character and Voice section i'm not sure about the others so I think grade boundaries should be similar to 37/54 for an A*
Just wandering if anyone knows how many out of 64 marks are needed to get a B grade, I completely messed up my exam, and finished just over halfway through, can't stop worrying about it! Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by delademdzotsi
Just wandering if anyone knows how many out of 64 marks are needed to get a B grade, I completely messed up my exam, and finished just over halfway through, can't stop worrying about it! Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well in Jan 2013 and June 2012 you needed 24/54 for a B grade so assuming it'll probably be the same this time but no guarantee =D
Original post by abcd123456
Well in Jan 2013 and June 2012 you needed 24/54 for a B grade so assuming it'll probably be the same this time but no guarantee =D

That's great thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
With relevance "To a daughter leaving home" we can discern the pivotal theme.The mother is nostalgic - she demonstrates how QUICK her daughter grew up, she employs the session in teaching her daughter to ride as a whole life experience, "wobbled" implies the times, in which the daughter was tentative/uneasy and her mother was there to support her. The bike represents a journey, a journey of a daughter growing up.
The mother is not very specific on her emotions; however the quote "the hair flapping behind you" suggest the mother is facing her daughter from "behind" insinuating she has hidden emotions for her daughter.
"You pulled ahead the curved park" reminds me of someone pulling their car up in a driveway? perhaps passed her driving lesson, seemingly, it does fit in since the daughter is growing up. We assume she leaves to go to university?

"When I taught you" insinuates that the mother taught her daughter on her own, without help - she somewhat feels proud of teaching her to ride a bike.

"To a daughter leaving home" is some what, seemingly, a metaphor to all daughters?

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS ANALYSIS AND WHAT WOULD YOU ADD?
Reply 2929
Original post by CatchingFire
With relevance "To a daughter leaving home" we can discern the pivotal theme.The mother is nostalgic - she demonstrates how QUICK her daughter grew up, she employs the session in teaching her daughter to ride as a whole life experience, "wobbled" implies the times, in which the daughter was tentative/uneasy and her mother was there to support her. The bike represents a journey, a journey of a daughter growing up.
The mother is not very specific on her emotions; however the quote "the hair flapping behind you" suggest the mother is facing her daughter from "behind" insinuating she has hidden emotions for her daughter.
"You pulled ahead the curved park" reminds me of someone pulling their car up in a driveway? perhaps passed her driving lesson, seemingly, it does fit in since the daughter is growing up. We assume she leaves to go to university?

"When I taught you" insinuates that the mother taught her daughter on her own, without help - she somewhat feels proud of teaching her to ride a bike.

"To a daughter leaving home" is some what, seemingly, a metaphor to all daughters?

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS ANALYSIS AND WHAT WOULD YOU ADD?

Band 6 for interpretation, Band 5 for close analysis of detail and linguistic techniques - I think. so 16/18 ANYONE AGREE?
The exam is over.
Original post by Avor
Band 6 for interpretation, Band 5 for close analysis of detail and linguistic techniques - I think. so 16/18 ANYONE AGREE?

This was not intentionally to be marked; however thanks! It's a brief insight what I wrote in the exam :smile:. Of course my answer was displayed in a little more detail, but I just stated the basics of the answer
This was not intentionally to be marked; however thanks! It's a brief insight what I wrote in the exam :smile:. Of course my answer was displayed in a little more detail, but I just stated the basics of the answer

The exam is over.
Original post by IHTWFR
The exam is over.

I agree, we should stop discussing now there's no point.
Original post by abcd123456
I agree, we should stop discussing now there's no point.

You're wrong. It does not concern you, therefore you shouldn't be so against it. It's not harming anyone, you're merely contradicting yourself - but you're so ignorant to perceive it. Please, we're entitled to free speech. You're entitled to yours, hence why you've commented. So let people do as they wish. It's not affecting you, so leave it out!
But wasn't the exam over when we started commented? You're foolishly stupid. So what, if I found this later than you found it earlier. Stop being unfair and selfish. There is no need for this at all. I find people like you so horrid and selfish.
But wasn't the exam over when we started commented? You're foolishly stupid. So what, if I found this later than you found it earlier. Stop being unfair and selfish. There is no need for this at all. I find people like you so horrid and selfish.

The exam is over.
lol, why not just unsubscribe to the thread if you don't want to hear from it..? :laugh: :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're wrong. It does not concern you, therefore you shouldn't be so against it. It's not harming anyone, you're merely contradicting yourself - but you're so ignorant to perceive it. Please, we're entitled to free speech. You're entitled to yours, hence why you've commented. So let people do as they wish. It's not affecting you, so leave it out!

Was just a suggestion, do whatever the **** you like I don't really care tbh. if u really knew me id b the last person ud be calling ignorant so dont judge people before u even know them. I know ur entitled to free speech, carry on discussing it if u want to i dont care I didnt say you had to anyway. Jeez man!

Well obviously people discuss it as soon as the exam is finished to see what other people may have put and how others thought it went for them to get a rough indication on grade boundaries or sumak like that and i an assure u im not foolishly stupid. I found this post before the exam even started so shut ur mouth, and if u really knew me ud know im one of the last people ud b calling horrid or selfish so dont judge me before u know me and stop making general assumptions about people, theres no need for that either. me and the other person were just making a point, a suggestion it doesnt mean that u had to take it on board.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending