The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3,C4 June 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by usycool1
Yeah.

Hi :smile:

was that integrating or differentiating /?
Reply 4421
I'm scared.
Reply 4422
Original post by Knoyle quiah
how do we know the limits for the last part of this question?? I thought you just find t value when x=1 and then when x=2.5, why am I wrong????

is the answer to this either 3/8 or
ln(1/4) -27/8 by any chance?
Reply 4423
hey is it worth going through soloman papers this late?
Original post by otrivine
Hi :smile:

was that integrating or differentiating /?

Integrating :smile:
Was this leaked like [the paper which shall not be named]?
guys, ive given up
ive done 0 revison for c4
i cant understand any of it
Reply 4427
Anyone got a list of all the volume/areas of shapes we need to know?
For questions like rates of change etc
Reply 4428
Original post by vengeance111
guys, ive given up

How can you give up revising if you never started?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by DonkBets
is the answer to this either 3/8 or
ln(1/4) -27/8 by any chance?

Sorry not them, cant remember the answer now, but am pretty sure wasnt either of them, as i have put them in my calculator and remember not seeing them numbers
Integrating :smile:

Can I integrate using the sub method?

or can I use integral sign , a^x/Ina +C ?
Reply 4431
Original post by vengeance111
guys, ive given up

Same here! It's seems to get harder by the day.
Has anyone come across the error of estimate ..how do you calculate that thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4433
Sorry not them, cant remember the answer now, but am pretty sure wasnt either of them, as i have put them in my calculator and remember not seeing them numbers

do you know what book that question is from or where i would be able to find the answer?
Reply 4434
Original post by kuku2013
hey is it worth going through soloman papers this late?

I started today. I think its better than nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4435
Original post by noeliah4
Has anyone come across the error of estimate ..how do you calculate that thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

(original estimate - Real value)/ Real value

your on about calculation error aren't you?
Reply 4436
Yeah.

I got up to integrate 1/4+u * 2u . du am I along the right lines?
(edited 10 years ago)
I've just a fall out with my notes, was fine this morning now just seem to not even be able to do Binomial expansion
Reply 4438

I was going through what I believe is this question today with my teacher (edexcel c4 textbook, review exercise, question 74) A) the diagram in the book is wrong, it should cross the x axis at (2,0) NOT 1,0 as it shows. B) I'm terrible at explaining, but the limits you use are the t values from part a) , 0.5 and 2. The explanation was something like all the values given, t is an increasing value, as shown in part b, so you are integrating the t values and you disregard the (x,y) graph. Hope that helped. ps, I've done all the past papers and have never seen a question like it
Reply 4439
Original post by excal9
I was going through what I believe is this question today with my teacher (edexcel c4 textbook, review exercise, question 74) A) the diagram in the book is wrong, it should cross the x axis at (2,0) NOT 1,0 as it shows. B) I'm terrible at explaining, but the limits you use are the t values from part a) , 0.5 and 2. The explanation was something like all the values given, t is an increasing value, as shown in part b, so you are integrating the t values and you disregard the (x,y) graph. Hope that helped. ps, I've done all the past papers and have never seen a question like it

i used the limits 2 and 0.5 too, but my answer was wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest