The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Psychology: G544: Approaches and Research Methods - Monday 17th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by mkhan9035
Woop i did the same as you feel better someone did something similar to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know the feeling, that's why I wish I'd used student room before my exams because its awful feeling like the only one in your answers/feelings haha :smile: good luck! X
Reply 641
Look clever clogs, no one's attacking you so chill your beans and yes the forum is for students to talk, not boast about whats right and wrong, i got hat you meant when you said i answered it wrong, and i accepted that, but you didn't have to act fly when you said "how was the outline of n/n hard?" So stop banging on about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Call me a name then proceed to tell me that "No one" is attacking me? Look, no one is boasting, I simply asked why you found that particular question hard as I found it kind of simple, that isn't boasting, I get no form of self-gratification, so please stop pinning words to me, I'm pretty sure we all know what these labels can do.
Original post by imi.byrne
That sounds really good! And very clever using an online forum haha! I definitely think you'll be fine :smile: good luck with the rest of your exams/results day! X

And you too! May the odds be ever in your favour.
Reply 643
What did everyone put for future research? I said conduct a structured observation using a coding scheme of behaviours (i.e biting nails) by giving students a mock exam and doing a participant observation using event sampling etc etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did everyone put for future research? I said conduct a structured observation using a coding scheme of behaviours (i.e biting nails) by giving students a mock exam and doing a participant observation using event sampling etc etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine was on attitudes towards the death penalty in the UK, so I said that I would give a similar questionnaire to people in countries where the death penalty is still used, such as in the US, to see whether attitudes would differ between how "normal" it is within their justice systems.
Reply 645
Original post by clonedmemories
Thank you :smile: How did you find the rest of the paper generally?

I messed up my timing so my paper was really rushed but I'm hoping that what I wrote was enough! Section A was quite strange actually. I chose the death penalty option too but my method had no where near enough information for 19 marks! I mentioned all the points (how I'd get the sample, what kind of questions, informed consent etc) so I should be fine but it was less than a side which put me off haha :\ How did you find the paper?
Reply 646

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG that's so weird I did the EXACT same even with the structured observation and used the example 'biting nails' but I did a covert observation in a sixth form library around A-level times hehe :smile:
Reply 647

Posted from TSR Mobile

My question was "attitude to drink driving".

My future research would expand on that concept, and look to see if there's any form of gender difference when it comes to rating their attitude on drink driving. I put a bit more detail into it, but overall that was my idea.
Reply 648
Original post by Jakez123
Call me a name then proceed to tell me that "No one" is attacking me? Look, no one is boasting, I simply asked why you found that particular question hard as I found it kind of simple, that isn't boasting, I get no form of self-gratification, so please stop pinning words to me, I'm pretty sure we all know what these labels can do.

Now if you had phrased that in such a way that didn't make me feel so crappy this wouldn't have got out of hand! I felt offended because I know i didn't do it perfectly (like a 4/4 answer) but i put certain components in to get at least 2/3 marks! Personally i feel stupid I didn't revise it but that's my fault! I'm happy you found it easy, but you need to be careful that you don't come across as being too forceful! I've had enough of this stupid spat and think we should just move on! Good luck and i apologise if i offended you in anyway but its been a long day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 649
OMG that's so weird I did the EXACT same even with the structured observation and used the example 'biting nails' but I did a covert observation in a sixth form library around A-level times hehe :smile:

High 5 haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 650
My question was "attitude to drink driving".

My future research would expand on that concept, and look to see if there's any form of gender difference when it comes to rating their attitude on drink driving. I put a bit more detail into it, but overall that was my idea.

Good stuff, what do you want overall on this paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 651

Posted from TSR Mobile

I chose the death penalty option and said that instead of using students, the sample should be expanded to all ages and other cities. It could be used as a government survey, for example, to find out opinions on whether the death penalty should be used as a punishment in the UK o.o
Original post by Aliyaa
I messed up my timing so my paper was really rushed but I'm hoping that what I wrote was enough! Section A was quite strange actually. I chose the death penalty option too but my method had no where near enough information for 19 marks! I mentioned all the points (how I'd get the sample, what kind of questions, informed consent etc) so I should be fine but it was less than a side which put me off haha :\ How did you find the paper?

Yeah, I thought section A was quite strange too! Definitely not what I was expecting, but it could have been much worse, I reckon. And don't worry about the length! My teacher has given us some very short answers before which have got full or nearly full marks. If you've included everything, I'm sure it would be fine :smile:

I thought my timing wasn't very good either - I had half an hour to go and still had the reliability question in section A to answer, half of the 12 marker and the last two 8 markers to go, then rushed them all insanely and ended up finishing with 5 mins to go over everything! (Luckily I'd planned all my answers first briefly just so I knew I could answer them, which helped a lot)
I did that too! I did examples of open questions, forced choice questions and rating scales and my teacher said that was ok :smile:

Im glad, i didnt do opens ones just closed really and also asked how much tea they had but never reasoned why coz of time :frown: ah well ... just a question though, did you get this idea from johansson study by any chance? coz i feel like i almost copied his stress study (if u did stress btw) lol XD
Reply 654
All I simply did was clarify what the actual question said, never did I once put you down in any way, shape or form. I do not have an attitude, this forum is for us students to talk and discuss the psychology exam, you seem to be enforcing some idea that you're being attacked. I am not attacking you, I simply pointed something out and corrected you. I believe you really need to calm down, you're over-escalating the situation.

You have been pretty harsh to be honest. Everyone was politely discussing the exam until you interfered with the status quo, just leave it dude, it isn't even worth it, it is just a discussion of the exam! I think you need to plan the way you say things on here, because it did seem as though you being a bit harsh. That is jus my opinion though :smile:
Reply 655
for future research I pretty much just said I would use an interview with similar questions, to check that results were reliable and to possibly get more truthful answers (I chose body image) do you think that is what they were asking for I was a bit confused?
Reply 656
Original post by Aliyaa
I chose the death penalty option and said that instead of using students, the sample should be expanded to all ages and other cities. It could be used as a government survey, for example, to find out opinions on whether the death penalty should be used as a punishment in the UK o.o

So basically you're doing the same questionnaire but to a wider population? That seems like a good idea

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 657
Original post by revise7869
Im glad, i didnt do opens ones just closed really and also asked how much tea they had but never reasoned why coz of time :frown: ah well ... just a question though, did you get this idea from johansson study by any chance? coz i feel like i almost copied his stress study (if u did stress btw) lol XD

My distracted question was 'do you have any siblings? If so, how many?" And urm no I don't think so, atleast not intentionally haha! But all these damned studies are so imprinted on my brain I probably used them without thinking haha :smile:
Reply 658
Original post by clonedmemories
Yeah, I thought section A was quite strange too! Definitely not what I was expecting, but it could have been much worse, I reckon. And don't worry about the length! My teacher has given us some very short answers before which have got full or nearly full marks. If you've included everything, I'm sure it would be fine :smile:

I thought my timing wasn't very good either - I had half an hour to go and still had the reliability question in section A to answer, half of the 12 marker and the last two 8 markers to go, then rushed them all insanely and ended up finishing with 5 mins to go over everything! (Luckily I'd planned all my answers first briefly just so I knew I could answer them, which helped a lot)

Very true haha and that's really reassuring (: Ah jeez, really?? The fact that you finished it all with 5 minutes to spare is really impressive!! I started my exam by doing the 12 marker and went a little overboard writing 3 pages :colondollar: messed up my timings for everything else lol. When I reached 45 minutes I had to move onto section A even though 8e was incomplete. I managed to finish it all in the end though which is all that matters! :smile:
Reply 659
So basically you're doing the same questionnaire but to a wider population? That seems like a good idea

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty much! I don't know if it's right but I changed something and did give an idea of what it could be used for as part of future research so I'm hoping I get the marks :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending