The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ipoop
Breh, I don't recall Prometheus wrapping fire all fancy and stuff and laying it under a tree :pierre: Twas no gift, he brought it, left it and our ancestors "discovered" it :pierre:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Greeks didn't wrap presents and leave them under trees. This was way before the fairy tales about Jesus existed :hand:

Well, by your logic, I discovered E=MC^2 as I got given a book about it as a gift and read it. Move over Einstein :smug:
Original post by The Epicurean
The Greeks didn't wrap presents and leave them under trees. This was way before the fairy tales about Jesus existed :hand:

Well, by your logic, I discovered E=MC^2 as I got given a book about it as a gift and read it. Move over Einstein :smug:

well by your logic, humans didn't discover anything because it's more than likely an alien species (more advanced than ourselves) had already discovered everything :eviltongue:
Original post by Stevo F
well by your logic, humans didn't discover anything because it's more than likely an alien species (more advanced than ourselves) had already discovered everything :eviltongue:

That clearly wasn't my logic :colonhash: I stated that it was a gift of fire and therefore no discovery was needed. Newton still discovered gravity, regardless of whether an alien species discovered it first. If however Newton's knowledge of gravity came as a gift from the Alien species, then he didn't discover it. If fire came from humans own experimentation, then yes it would be their discovery, but it was a gift and thus wasn't discovered by humans :pierre:

Now can we move onto a more interesting conversation >_> So...who is the worlds tallest midget? :holmes:
Reply 5643
Original post by Stevo F

It was him right?
Original post by ZRO

It was him right?

Prepare your anus. :sexface:
Reply 5645
Original post by boumavilla
Prepare your anus. :sexface:

#notsureifmiscreference :dontknow:

Its gonna hurt :eek:
(edited 10 years ago)
I logged on to this? :lolwut: :cookie:
^Don't puke the cookie :teehee:
Reply 5648
^^:wavey: Hi Simran Kaur!
^:mmm:
^^Pft and waste valuable cookie? Hell no.

^Ay Ay Mr Singh.
Looks nods slowly and walks away

What the fudge?!?!?
Reply 5651
^^Hows exams
^CG are you sure that was your response... Really??
Why is everyone walking into this thread confused? :holmes:
^^ OVER. :cool: Generally they all went OK! Only one paper where I thought :rant: (bio unit 2)

^:ninjagirl:
^^is not confused

^has finished her exams :h:
Here is an example:

2x2+4(x2)2(x+4)A(x2)+B(x2)2+Cx+4\frac{2x^2+4}{(x-2)^2(x+4)} \equiv \frac{A}{(x-2)} + \frac{B}{(x-2)^2} + \frac{C}{x+4}

Multiply throughout by (x-2)^2(x+4)

2x2+4=A(x2)(x+4)+B(x+4)+C(x2)22x^2+4 = A(x-2)(x+4) + B(x+4) + C(x-2)^2

We want to find each constant, so get rid of each one by getting values to 0.

Let x = 2
2(2)2+4=A(22)(2+4)+B(2+4)+C(22)22(2)^2 + 4 = A(2-2)(2+4) + B(2+4) + C(2-2)^2
12=6BB=212 = 6B \therefore B = 2

Let x = -4
2(4)2+4=A(42)(4+4)+B(4+4)+C(42)22(-4)^2 + 4 = A(-4-2)(-4+4) + B(-4+4) + C(-4-2)^2
36=36CC=136 = 36C \therefore C = 1

Let x = 0
2(0)2+4=A(02)(0+4)+B(0+4)+C(02)22(0)^2 + 4 = A(0-2)(0+4) + B(0+4) + C(0-2)^2
4=8A+4B+4C4 = -8A + 4B + 4C
Sub in values we know:
4=8A+8+48=8AA=14 = -8A + 8 + 4 \therefore -8 = -8A \therefore A = 1

2x2+4(x2)2(x+4)1(x2)+2(x2)2+1x+4\frac{2x^2+4}{(x-2)^2(x+4)} \equiv \frac{1}{(x-2)} + \frac{2}{(x-2)^2} + \frac{1}{x+4}
^ Has reminded me of my hate for maths.
Reply 5657
^^gratz :smile: time to chill, but prepare for 1-2 week window before the results when you will be stressed like mad :tongue:
^has blown my mind.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Here is an example:

That looks familiar yep, that maths was actually quite fun, it was other stuff that was ****

Fishy come to the meet! :h:
Original post by Stevo F
That looks familiar yep, that maths was actually quite fun, it was other stuff that was ****

Fishy come to the meet! :h:

Me?:lol:

You guys will be pub partying and that:wink: I is Muslim u c

Plus I'll be fasting then

Latest