The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick POSTGRADUATE applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I've enrolled for the LLM in Corporate Governance and Financial Regs for 2013/14. How about u? Have you found accommodation yet? Leo x
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 21
I've accepted an unconditional offer for the LLM in Corporate Governance and Financial Regs. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which accommodation is more fun to live in and nearby to the Law Dept and the library? I am also open to offer for off-campus living within a reasonable distance. Cheers Leo.
Reply 22
Original post by gangaftagley
I'll be doing an LLM in Warwick (Human Rights). It looks good. Might have to apply to on-campus accommodation despite the pricey rent purely for convenience. What about the rest of y'all?

Same here! LLM (IDLHR) 13/14..

There aren't too many accommodation options for Int'l students. Looking at Lakeside. Pricey.
Reply 23
Hey all!

I just firmed up my offer for MA International Politics & Europe. I went up to the uni yesterday and was a bit concerned about the price of the accommodation offered by Warwick, and private rent seems to be so much cheaper in Coventry and Leamington in comparison! Would anyone be up for a flat share? PM me if so!

Fiona

Original post by ziggyzog
Are you looking for private accommodation?
Reply 24
Original post by Fiona1989
Hey all!

I just firmed up my offer for MA International Politics & Europe. I went up to the uni yesterday and was a bit concerned about the price of the accommodation offered by Warwick, and private rent seems to be so much cheaper in Coventry and Leamington in comparison! Would anyone be up for a flat share? PM me if so!

Fiona

Hi Fiona,

I've accepted my offer to study L.L.M in Corporate Governance and Financial REgulation. I'm also considering living off campus. Was thinking of doing a private rental in Leamington if your interested. I've heard it's nicer than Coventry but I'm not too familiar with the area. I'm flying over this weekend though to visit the uni so hopefully will get a better idea of things then.
Reply 25
I've accepted an offer for MA Research in Politics and International Studies and I'm also looking at private accommodation in Coventry/Leamington. Would anyone be interested in a flat share?

Alistair.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 26
Hi there!

I've received a conditional offer for the MSc Intercultural Communication for Business and the Professions, under the Centre of Applied Linguistics, School of Social Sciences. :smile:

Nice to meet you ppl!
Reply 27
I've applied for Business (Marketing) MSc. However I am curious as to why the course fee's are in excess of £22 THOUSAND for a year? Could anyone shed some light? I know WBS has a great reputation and all... but does it justify the cost, especially as I am also a student from the UK! Not to also forget the cost of accommodation on top of this...
Reply 28
Original post by TinFish
I've applied for Business (Marketing) MSc. However I am curious as to why the course fee's are in excess of £22 THOUSAND for a year? Could anyone shed some light? I know WBS has a great reputation and all... but does it justify the cost, especially as I am also a student from the UK! Not to also forget the cost of accommodation on top of this...

I got the same question when I got my conditional offer for A&F. If you look at the fee anything with finance is 28.5k, the most expensive course in the uk, probably on the planet! Anyway, it's same for all student, the courses are more aimed at oversee students rather than home students and if u manage to get into wbs, u will see ALOT of non-UK students there, most of them are rich people!! That's why they charge so much, it's for the reputation mostly, but the quality should be good too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 29
Just got my results today and can now enter into my conditional offer for Economics and International Financial Economics!

Anyone else on this or something similar?

Pretty clueless on accommodation but I've tried spreading my choices out, and upon advice, choosing lem spa > cov
Reply 30
Original post by Navalar
Pretty clueless on accommodation but I've tried spreading my choices out, and upon advice, choosing lem spa > cov

It depends what sort of person you are really. Leamington is better for the nightlife but if you live in Coventry then it may not take so long to travel into the university.
Reply 31
Original post by ttoby
It depends what sort of person you are really. Leamington is better for the nightlife but if you live in Coventry then it may not take so long to travel into the university.

Fair enough, have a few relatives in the nearby area and my brother went to university at Warwick a few years back, so just taking their advice for now.

Thanks for the heads up though, do like my nightlife quite a bit but will obviously be toning down this year and trying to study more! Still hoping for a place on campus but just waiting to see what their response is now.
Reply 32
Original post by Navalar
Just got my results today and can now enter into my conditional offer for Economics and International Financial Economics!

Anyone else on this or something similar?

on the same course!! :smile:
Reply 33
Hello guys, I got a conditional offer for a Masters Degree in Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Anyone doing the same course or has any useful information about it? Also I was wondering about the Postgraduate Accommodation options since I have no clue. How about staying on campus? Any advantages, disadvantages? :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by abhar
on the same course!! :smile:

nice! guess we can continue the hardship of economics together at least :smile:
Reply 35
I just accepted an unconditional offer for the new MA for research in Italian studies. I was wondering too if applying for incampus accommodation is a good idea. I am not familiar with the area, but I usually don't mind taking the bus to and from uni.
Anyone looking to share a flat somewhere (leanington spa, or really anywhere near warwick uni) feel free to inbox me!
Reply 36
Accepted an offer for Msc in Biotechnology, Bioprocess and Business Management (Biomanagement). I'm looking at a room in canley. Definitely gooing for off campus. The on campus is too pricey for me.
Reply 37
Original post by snjarni
Accepted an offer for Msc in Biotechnology, Bioprocess and Business Management (Biomanagement). I'm looking at a room in canley. Definitely gooing for off campus. The on campus is too pricey for me.

Can I ask you where are you going to stay? leamington spa, covetry etc.
don't you think the cost for the bus travelcard will be in the end more expensive?
Reply 38
Original post by Squigot
Can I ask you where are you going to stay? leamington spa, covetry etc.
don't you think the cost for the bus travelcard will be in the end more expensive?

I am looking forward to stay near canley, coventry. It's 15-20 minutes walking distance to the university and I'm considering to buy a bicycle instead. Then, it takes only about 10-12 minutes. (Said someone in the "ask, absolutely anything thread) and I also have the option to walk to the post room and get the shuttle bus inside university. (Only for class after 11 though).
Reply 39
Original post by snjarni
I am looking forward to stay near canley, coventry. It's 15-20 minutes walking distance to the university and I'm considering to buy a bicycle instead. Then, it takes only about 10-12 minutes. (Said someone in the "ask, absolutely anything thread) and I also have the option to walk to the post room and get the shuttle bus inside university. (Only for class after 11 though).

Seems fine. What resources would you suggest to find a flat? There's not much on gumtree, and a little more on Houseshare. Does the uni provide help for off-campus accomodations?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending