The Student Room Group

OCR C4 (not mei) 18th June 2013 revision

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Did anyone get 1/4ln3 for integrating tan?

And there were 3 stationary pints for the trig equation right?
Original post by louise_234
i put minimum but not sure, i worked out the gradient a point next to it and the gradient increased :s

I put turning point...
Original post by h2shin

yeahhhh finally i think i got one right....
Original post by h2shin

That looks familiar.
Original post by Vip3rgt9
Just realised that I've made lots of mistakes... Why do I look on TSR after exams?

Me too. On Every Single Question. I am absolutely furious with myself.

Why did I think the angle in the triangle would be 117????? That's not even possible!!! What was I thinking ...
Reply 385
9.33 for the volume :biggrin:

30. something for the Differential Eq :biggrin:
Original post by ihatepeople37
Was the stationary point a maximum point?

That's what I put
I found that paper pretty difficult, here's hoping for low grade boundaries.
when you had to integrate x^8 ln3x ... i put u as ln3x but what is that differentiated please???
when you had to integrate x^8 ln3x ... i put u as ln3x but what is that differentiated please???

1/x
Reply 390

1/x
Original post by Maid Marian
That's what I put

I think I put minimum. Wasn't the gradient to the right positive and the gradient to the left negative?
Pretty sure it was a maximum. You differentiate it again and find it's negative. (C1)
Original post by louise_234
1/x

but if you integrate 1/x you get lnx not ln3x

I actually spent a while wondering what ln(3x) differentiated to as well :smile:
Reply 395
Stationary points for the trig: (pi/2, 1) (pi/6, 1.5) (5pi/6, 1.5)
Any agreements?

Oh and gradient to left was negative and gradient to right was positive so I put minimum but can't be too sure...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 396
Original post by eggfriedrice
Pretty sure it was a maximum. You differentiate it again and find it's negative. (C1)

yeah it was a maximum
Original post by DomRusky
I dont know if this is the best thread I cant find any others about this exact exam, but here's the paper (sorry for the scribbles)

Could someone get a mark scheme up or find Mr M??? I didnt think the paper was that bad, I need a C from it and Im confident I have that...

But yeah, mark scheme anyone??

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371549351.854279.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1371549369.066325.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got roughly the same answers as you! So I'm feeling a little better. Not much though. :frown: But still. The exam could have been better. I really need a 76UMS on average on C3, C4 and S1 to get an A overall. I think C3 was much nicer. Guess I can wave bye-bye to Uni.
Original post by h2shin
Stationary points for the trig: (pi/2, 1) (pi/6, 1.5) (5pi/6, 1.5)
Any agreements?

yeah i got them apart from the first one.... oh well
Reply 399

its 3/3x .. f'(x)/f(x)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending