The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Physics P4P5P6 - 18/06/13

Scroll to see replies

for the P6 six marker,do u think they'll allow if I talked about primary voltage not primary coil
Original post by ghost_rebel
for the P6 six marker,do u think they'll allow if I talked about primary voltage not primary coil

Probably. Hard to tell though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 622
Original post by BP_Tranquility
For the first one, I used the letters to indicate the journey of the current- I also stated it was a positive half cycle.

For the second one, I did the same thing (in the opposite direction) but then mentioned it was during the negative half cycle.

I didn't like the wording of the question so I'm not too sure if I did it correctly or not :rolleyes:

I swear the bridge circuit looked different to the one we learned about too :confused:
Reply 623
I can't believe school is completely over for me now... I feel a mix of happiness and nostalgia, it's hard to explain

Thanks to ryan, BP, l'Evil etc. We were like one big revision... machine... thingy. Anyway, I hope I see you guys around threads in the summer holidays and obviously more so when we're doing our A-Levels (because we've all chosen the same-ish!:biggrin:)
Original post by andersson
I swear the bridge circuit looked different to the one we learned about too :confused:

It looked quite similar to the one I was taught in class...:s-smilie:
But I wasn't too sure on what they meant by it being positive at P and negative at Q (or something like that :confused:)
I can't believe school is completely over for me now... I feel a mix of happiness and nostalgia, it's hard to explain

Thanks to ryan, BP, l'Evil etc. We were like one big revision... machine... thingy. Anyway, I hope I see you guys around threads in the summer holidays and obviously more so when we're doing our A-Levels (because we've all chosen the same-ish!:biggrin:)

Which have you guys picked?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 626
It looked quite similar to the one I was taught in class...:s-smilie:
But I wasn't too sure on what they meant by it being positive at P and negative at Q (or something like that :confused:)

Yeah I probably lost a few marks there :frown: oh well, I thought the rest of the paper was quite nice, no motors or generators WOO!

Original post by benwalters1996

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths, further maths, physics and chemistry. You?

Yeah, it's been fun though! :biggrin:
I'll definitely be seeing you since we're on the same exams for 3 out of 4 of our subjects...I'll probably see Ryan and l'Evil if they're on the same exam boards as us :biggrin:

I have one more exam so I'll probably have the same feelings about a week from now :tongue:
Reply 628
I'll definitely be seeing you since we're on the same exams for 3 out of 4 of our subjects...I'll probably see Ryan and l'Evil if they're on the same exam boards as us :biggrin:

I have one more exam so I'll probably have the same feelings about a week from now :tongue:

Good luck buddy, make sure you're prepared!

Edit: Um, what is even neg-worthy about that? :confused:
(edited 10 years ago)

Maths, further maths, physics and chemistry. You?

Maths,Further maths, physics and computer science but i want to do chem..ideally would do 5 but workload might be too high and i don't want to do Chem and stuff it up(i like it but find it quite challenging already). My dad does computer science as a job so that's an A in the bag already :P Opinions on Chem? Any advice/changing around would be GREATLY appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've taken physics, math, further maths and chemistry (same as andersson) :smile:

I'm being criticised heavily by close friends for taking chemistry (they think I'm making the wrong decision as it's supposedly very difficult :cool: )

What are you taking :smile:

Which exam board do you guys do???? Ours is OCR for all three sciences :smile: And Edexcel for maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've taken physics, math, further maths and chemistry (same as andersson) :smile:

I'm being criticised heavily by close friends for taking chemistry (they think I'm making the wrong decision as it's supposedly very difficult :cool: )

What are you taking :smile:

See post #631

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths,Further maths, physics and computer science but i want to do chem..ideally would do 5 but workload might be too high and i don't want to do Chem and stuff it up(i like it but find it quite challenging already). My dad does computer science as a job so that's an A in the bag already :P Opinions on Chem? Any advice/changing around would be GREATLY appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you want to do when you're older? :smile:
Well, before I chose to take chemistry, I looked through the syllabus for the exam board we'd be on and then made my decision from there- I decided to do chemistry mainly because there was a large module in the syllabus all about atoms, atomic sctructures, electrons, orbits etc which I have always found interesting :biggrin:

Some of the concepts taught in chemistry at A level are also taught when doing a physics degree (and possibly engineering as well)...But do what you think you would enjoy :smile:
Which exam board do you guys do???? Ours is OCR for all three sciences :smile: And Edexcel for maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm on Edexcel for maths/further maths/ physics and OCR for chemistry. So we'd be on the same exam boards for all but physics (same as andersson) :redface:

Edit: not sure or why mine, or some of the posts before, were negged... :confused:
(edited 10 years ago)
Good luck buddy, make sure you're prepared!

Thanks, I'll be taking the entire day off today just to relax :cool:
What do you want to do when you're older? :smile:
Well, before I chose to take chemistry, I looked through the syllabus for the exam board we'd be on and then made my decision from there- I decided to do chemistry mainly because there was a large module in the syllabus all about atoms, atomic sctructures, electrons, orbits etc which I have always found interesting :biggrin:

Some of the concepts taught in chemistry at A level are also taught when doing a physics degree (and possibly engineering as well)...But do what you think you would enjoy :smile:

I'll have a look through the specs :smile: And no idea for when i'm older :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 637
I'll have a look through the specs :smile: And no idea for when i'm older :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want to biochemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many exams have people got left?
Original post by Duckyspace545
How many exams have people got left?

3, what about you? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest