The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS 4 - Corporate Culture Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Could someone explain the difference between CSR and ethics to me please? trying to clear up some misconceptions before the exam
Reply 461
Would BP for the oil spill and Barclays for the PPI scandal come under CSR?
Original post by Tommy1995
Would BP for the oil spill and Barclays for the PPI scandal come under CSR?

Yes, because they're both accepting CSR, as BP set aside a fund to compensate the people affected by the spill. Barclays too but for PPI instead.
Reply 463
hello guys silly question however is CULTURE the definite topic for section A of the exam? and what topics are NOT likely to come up this year around? and which topics should I focus on revising
Reply 464
Original post by humabug
hello guys silly question however is CULTURE the definite topic for section A of the exam? and what topics are NOT likely to come up this year around? and which topics should I focus on revising

Yes lol, culture is the definite topic for section A. and you can't really rule out any topics for section B
Reply 465
what are we meant to know about contingency planning, what types of contrasting examples?

It likely it will come up
I would recommend to anybody who hasn't researched Starbucks, research them. They're like the bible of application :tongue:
Reply 467
Hi,
Could anyone help me with business examples to use for WAYS of changing organisational culture?
Thanks
Reply 468
Original post by LewisRichardson
Would anyone care to recommend me a successful takeover example, the company names are fine I'll research it myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The examples I am using are:

Kraft and Cadbury
Sky and Amstrad
Reply 469
Has anyone got a case study/notes on Nestlé?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 470
Can someone please post their research for bullet point 5, thats the one which i have the least amount of information about
Reply 471
Original post by livvyparr
Hi,
Could anyone help me with business examples to use for WAYS of changing organisational culture?
Thanks

Royal Mail - new CEO Moya Greene came I. To help change culture. She used clear visions and careful planning. She organised a 3 step 6 month plan. As she was facing resistance she used Lewins unfreeze - change- freeze model. This helped reduce resistance as it helps employees see why change is needed. She also kept a blog on the website so people could see how change was occurring . Finally she built good relations with unions to prevent any strikes etc
Reply 472
Original post by snowster
I would recommend to anybody who hasn't researched Starbucks, research them. They're like the bible of application :tongue:

In what way? For culture or other topics? Any resources you can share?
I have gone over the thoery like 4 times over, theres not much else to learn. At this point im just looking at past papers and revising my research. How are you guys preparing?
Reply 474
Original post by Infamous12
I have gone over the thoery like 4 times over, theres not much else to learn. At this point im just looking at past papers and revising my research. How are you guys preparing?

barely any theory all you need is research and witht theory and exam technique PEEL and your sorted

What have you got for contingency planning?
Reply 475
this would be a killer question Are cultural differences within an organisation an opportunity or a threat to
business success?
Original post by iggyDash
barely any theory all you need is research and witht theory and exam technique PEEL and your sorted

What have you got for contingency planning?

I havent really researched that. I dont know what to research for it. I still have a bit to research for section B apart from contingency planning though. Stuff like the recession and competition. Have you covered most of section B's topics?
Reply 477
does anyone have the 2013 jan bus4 paper please?
Reply 479
Anyone have any research on Royal Mail theyd like to share? For Section B Q's please

THANKS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending